Rice

How do you cook rice? The real way, none of that cuck shit

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-brown-rice-113856
google.ca/search?q=sushi rice&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHYD_enCA556CA558&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi60obPhqrZAhXIu1MKHZf9D3YQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1536&bih=838
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> get a bowl of dry rice, prolly jasmin I'm not sure
> rinse rice 2 - 4 times depending on amount
> put in rice cooker and set it to cook
> when it's done go out and stir it abit, try and get some air in there
> leave for some time
> repeat last two steps

now this is ideal condition, sometimes I'll just stir it one time if I'm in a rush

The best rice is basmati, in a ragged burlap sack, sent directly from poo land.

The correct way to cook it is in a rice cooker.

2 cups rice, 3 cups water. Wash the rice. Fifteen minutes at a boil, 15 minutes rest, all while covered. Fluff to perfection.

It's like retards needed a group of idiots to make the dumbest thing on the planet created by goons.

>poo rice
>rice cooker turns into a ball of mush
I generally eat Thai rice and it turns out better in a rice cooker than on the stove. It’s the same as jasmine except doesn’t have a funky taste.

Parboiled brown rice? Roughly double the amount of water compared to the amount of rice you want to prepare, bring the water to a boil, add some salt, add the rice and lower the heat, let it cook for 40 minutes or so
White rice? Take 4 deciliters of rice. Soak in cold water, mix a bit, pour away the water, repeat until the water looks at least semi clear. Let the rice sit in the cool water for at least a few minutes. Bring 4 deciliters of water to a boil, add the rice (without the water used to soak it), reduce the heat, cook for five minutes, then mix with a ladle, turn off the heat and let it sit on the stove for another five minutes. Turns out well this way, I've tried scaling down the amount of rice/water but the results are different and I'd need to explore what the sweetspot amount of water for less rice would be.

Never saw the point of a rice cooker. Waste of money and space if you ask me.

You have to be a mental cripple to purchase a rice cooker. Then you have to be a dangerous, person that belongs in an asylum to actually use one.

Wash rice
Put rice in rice cooker
Wait until its done
Eat rice

I've recently been following this recipe, the addition of a tiny bit of oil has really helped with no sticking.

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-brown-rice-113856

>Then you have to be a dangerous, person that belongs in an asylum to actually use one.
>Carry a rice cooker around in my backpack.
>Police catch me and think I'm trying to bomb the Boston Marathon again

in a jap rice cooker
the japs know rice

water and saucepan
1:2 rice-to-water ratio

rinse 5-6 times
let soak for 20 minutes
rinse again
1:1 rice to water
boil from room temp on med heat
turn to low and cover, cook for 10 min
turn off heat and let sit for 10 min covered
consume

cooked in wide sauce pan

>slaps a bit of raw fish onto cheap white rice
five hundred dorra gwei lo

A rice cooker
Try to wash it but sometimes I forget. Honestly use the steamer on it more

Depends on the rice. You can follow the package directions, but whatever their ratio of water:rice is, reduce it. You want less water and more rice than what most packages will tell you. A good standard is 1.5:1 water:rice, but I often use less water and/or more rice. Also check it at least 5 minutes before the package tells you. Don't stir it too much, that'll guarantee mushiness.

What I usually make is medium grain white rice. Ratio as above. Bring it to a boil, uncovered, and let the water evaporate to below the level of the rice. Then turn the rice over (DON'T stir too much or too vigorously), put the lid on the pot, turn the heat down to low and steam until done.

We fry it before booking it, never had mushy rice because of this.

>t. rice cookers are dum but shoes indoors and microwaving water is a-ok lol
I guess almost every family in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, etc. and Asian-American family are mental cripples, and somehow it's not actually you

I put one of those Knorr/Maggi blocks in the water that I then pour on the rice in the rice cooker
That's about it
Unless you are hardcore and cook it Iranian style, which is a bit of extra work but worth the effort

God bless Deus Ex.

Just buy a rice cooker. Nothing cuck-y about that.

what a funny way to say 400ml

>unitasker

>A $20 small kitchen appliance lets me cook cheap and nutritious plants with no hassle

>This is somehow a bad thing

>tfw cooking rice and steaming vegetables in the exact same shitty cooker in the op RIGHT at this very moment

Get a stovetop rice steamer.

>getting mad over how water is heated
i was with you on the shoes indoors part, but this brands you as a literal brainlet.

Two cups of water and one teaspoon salt per one cup of rice. Bring water and salt to boil, dump in rice. Reduce to low heat. Wait about 15-20 minutes.

It's not that fucking hard.

As a white dude who grew up in Hawaii I think that wearing shoes inside is disgusting. I know how to cook rice in a pot on the stove, but completely understand the convenience and superior quality of rice cooked in a decent rice cooker. I also grew up boiling water in the microwave and have honestly never understood people who have a problem with this; I think it's really just dumb bongs who are insecure about having bought a stupid unitasker and have forced a meme about 'murricans having to wait an extra 30 seconds to drink their tea - because that's totally what we worry about...

Get some cool reflective stickers for your rice cooker to make it extra convenient and cool. You can point at that giant box on your countertop and say, "We got rice, Bitches!"

Oh, and get a bread maker, and an ice cream maker and a slap chop and a magic egg and a steam steamer that pressure cooks steam.

I know how to bake bread, I don't eat ice cream, I own a good chef's knife and know how to keep it sharp, I can cook eggs any way I want without some as seen on tv bullshit, and I own a pressure cooker because it's amazingly useful (unlike apparently most people here I don't own a slow cooker, because that is literally a waste of space and otherwise salvageable ingredients).

I use an aluminium cauldron.

Can you nigger-rig, sorry, afro-engineer a rice cooker to cook pasta? At least you'd have a multitasker then.

>t. never cooked anything in my life and don't understand what a rice cooker does

Of course you could do that, but there's no reason to. It's a rice cooker, not some slow cooker alternative made for lazy fucks who don't know shit and are complacent eating slop.

I know what those fucking shitboxes can do, including cooking veg. It's just so fucking stupid I like making fun of it. It's a QVC device for whities and lazy asians that never paid attention to their elders.

Sorry I don't mean to make fun of you technologically crippled millenials, but it's just funny to watch.

It's like a hamster wheel for humans.

>whities and lazy asians

I think you mean 90% of all Asians, and people who also happened to grow up in places with Asians.

You can laugh at something you've never tried before all you'd like, but you're not going to convince anyone who regularly eats rice that they somehow made some kind of mistake buying a fuzzy logic rice cooker.

google.ca/search?q=sushi rice&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHYD_enCA556CA558&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi60obPhqrZAhXIu1MKHZf9D3YQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1536&bih=838

Count the rice cookers.

>aged rice
so, old rice?

Cup of rice in the pot

Low heat, shake around, let em toast
When you smell them, pour in a cup of chicken stock
Bring heat up and let it boil
cover and set it to low and let it boil for like 20 minutes

boom easy rice

Yeah, because googling how to cook rice was obviously going to yield a ton of hits telling you to just buy a rice cooker, dum dum.

enjoy your toy. never get better in the kitchen by knowing what you're doing.

Go watch The Mind of a Chef if you give a shit about actually cooking, and culture and history.

>never get better in the kitchen by knowing what you're doing

Fucking kek the projection. I did an 11 hour shift on the line today and I'm pretty sure I'm only going to get better by doing a stage, which I can't afford to do and am honestly just too old to do, even if I wanted to cook for the rest of my life. I also own every volume of Lucky Peach because I'm kind of a nerd and read a lot, but keep pretending like you know better because you've cooked rice on the stove a few times and deemed it as good as it can get. I'm about to pass out, but just wanted to let you know that this last post of yours gave me a good chuckle.

I recently learned how to cook rice, and my life has never been the same since that day.

I usually cook basmati rice this way:
>put olive oil in a saucepan
>pour 1 cup of rice in the sauce pan
>let it slightly fry a few minutes
>add 2 cups of boiling water
>add salt
>(optional) add laurel leaves / garlic / maggi block
>cover and let it cook low heat
>once there's no more water (around 10 minutes), your rice is ready

That's great buddy, enjoy your line status. I'm sure you'll matter some day.

Maybe write something like Bourdain and you'll be super with your fucking rice cooker.

Use traditional heirloom foods, and cardamom. You'll impress everyone with the history. Not like creole and cajun hasn't destroyed most north american food in its place.

>gets into an argument with a real cook about knowing how to cook and gets btfo
>resorts to "w-well at least i'm not a line cuck!"

Never change, Veeky Forums.

You've raced your way to the middle. Now what?

My mise en place! Escoffier help me!

The smells of the microwave leech into the water, there are certain things you shouldn't microwave water in (like foam ramen cups), and a kettle is 10 fucking dollars, it's not some huge investment

the rice is kind of a big deal though

I came to this thread for this exact argument. You literally just attempted to lower someone on a cooking forum by pointing out they belong to a team of professional cooks in order to prove you know how to cook rice the best.

Drop a tablespoon of oil on a pot
Start boiling water on the kettle, heat pot meanwhile
Drop a garlic clove on the hot oil
Drop a cup of rice on the hot oil, stir around
Add a teaspoon of salt, stir
When water boils, add two cups of water to pot, stir
Lower heat setting to minimum, cover pot tightly
When there's no visible water, turn heat off
Let rice rest for 10 or so minutes
Done

Can you cook rigatoni in one? Asking for a friend...

stick it in your cheek, go for a jog. Your body heat and spit should cook to perfection

made rice the other and just followed package instructions
shit was perfect

This is what I use and it's great

i'm kinda sick of rice. easy to make though.