The body of a Christ

What does it taste like?

Like edible paper, but unsweetened

Like a wheat tortilla, but with no texture

Never had communion wafers, but i bet they taste like sturdier cake cones

Sorta like shortbread cookie but with less sugar. A lot more crisp if you're asking for texture too.

like salvation, you heathen

Pic related is literally what they taste like op. Its just an ice cream cone disk with magical powers embued upon it.

>mfw spend the rest of mass wondering what part of Jesus I just ate.

>be me
>young boy
>at church
>hands out bread and wine
>Great grandmother leans over and tells me not to eat the bread until they say so
>I had already eaten it
>Faked eating it

body of christ tastes like bread

don't mock my faith

You're pretty much dead on.
If anyone's honestly THAT curious you can actually order unconsecrated wafers online. Religion-wise they're meaningless until you actually get a priest to bless them.

They're actually much less sturdy. It's like if one of those had the texture of a thin sponge, but melted like a Listerine mouth strip. Tastes like one of those without sugar as well.

Fuck off you nigger, that's literally what they are.
Did you not pay attention when they went over transubstantiation in theology class? Are you even confirmed?

>my faith

I was born and raised catholic user. The Vatican won't recant my baptism nor my comfirmation, ive asked. so until then fuck off fellow papist.

cardboard
bet you never heard that one before have you Father?

Niggers. The body of Christ wafers taste like niggers.

>betrayal

They taste heavily of betrayal op.

You don't have to call me father, I'm anabaptist.

bread flavored styrofoam

is that shit mentioned in the bible?

>bread is Styrolized foam though

ice cream cone disks? No.

Milk and pennies.

Jesus Christ, literally, this is basic Last Supper shit my dude.

>not Catholic
God will smite you

>all these Catholics displaying total ignorance of Protestants
No wonder this place sucks dick.

If Jesus had 2 filet-o-fish and 5 McChickens, gave thanks, then fed 5000 men women and children.. then would you believe?

When I was young I’d go to church only for the part where you eat them

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Big Mac® be Thy Name;
Thy order come,
Thy fries are done,
on earth as it is in the ball pit.
Give us this day our daily burger,
and forgive us our fry-stealing,
as we forgive those who steal fries against us;
and lead us not into Burger King temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

love me some 'hem 'siah.

Like Veal and pork

Soylent Christ is niggers?

>our one and only savior, creator of the heavens and the earth, tastes like a fucking ice cream cone

Only in the west. The Orthodox church still uses leavened bread instead of wafers.

kept eating them, but they taste meh

Physically, bread and wine/juice
Spiritually, a sweet reminder of the gospel

they taste like but a lot softer actually

Flavorless edible paper is the nearest thing.

You have to have been baptized to receive commuion in mosr churches.
And the communion wafers have no taste, much like eating a thin, unseasoned rice cracker. In the church I grew up in, we had real wine for communion, but I think some churches serve grape juice.

yes, but they don't know if you were baptized or not, so pretty much anyone can walk up there and get it if they want

fooook

Not that it's hard to find out, but there is a certain response you utter before the priest gives you communion. No or wrong response and you get no cookies and juice.

Most Russian churches in the US also use unleavened bread. Mine isn't even orthodox and they use proper unleavened bread

Buy a box and find out.

This is the closest think i can’t think of.

t. former altar server

I wonder how hard it would be to make some hash wafers and sneak them into the communion.

yep got it
t. Lutheran

Is this oc?

DUDE WEED LMAO

Human meat. Tastes like the meat of a human who has a diet low in red meat and high in fish, unleavened bread, wine and vegetables.

This is pretty much it. Now we swapped over to regular gluten free bread though
(Which is good tfw celiac)

salty milk and coins

Tastes like satanism

Pretty tasteless. Like cardboard almost. Last week went I went to drink the wine, someone before we had spit their communion wafer into the wine chalice. It was a little gross.

What does priest cum taste like ?

Not a Catholic, I see. Gluten is literally an integral part of the Eucharist and hosts are required to be made from wheat flour.

I really really really like the idea of brand name communion wafers

>tfw body was created to reject the gluten of christ
their original bread all those years ago was super flat and didnt have gluten tho so its ok

I wonder if they go good with dip.

Na they kinda fall apart. They're designed like that as some people feel like it's uncouth to chew on Christ so they just let it melt in their mouth

When I was in Jr. High, the pastor's son and some friends snuck into the church with his dad's keys and drank all the communion wine and ate the wafers. It was pretty fucking funny.

went to a friends prot church once and they used a fucking italian loaf LMFAO

salty milk and pennies

Dude, let's do it....

Did your parish priest diddle you? You sound like a faggot, so just wondering.

In Calvinist church the communion bread was more like a square salty wheat hardtack. Like a less appetizing WASA cracker that was almost painful to chew and swallow.

In other words it was perfect for Calvinist Church.

lol i went to a methodist church growing up and we used pic rel for the body and welchs grape for the blood. both good on their own but too sweet when together desu

Styrofoam.

Like whatever form of bread you're using. Regardless of whether you subscribe to Transubstantiation, or some form of the Real Presence, or some form of symbolism/memorialism, pretty much no church claims that you actually taste blood and flesh (although some parts of Christendom have claimed rare miracles where the host would dissolve into blood in someone's mouth, but those are usually the crazy Latin American or African churches).

Not too many churches really fence the altar very well. In most Catholic churches I've been to, you either just go up and receive, or go up and do the secret handshake and receive, or do a separate gesture to just receive a blessing without the elements. Also grape juice is depressingly common. Confessional Lutherans and Confessional Presbyterians (I grew up Presbyterian) also would fence the table, but even then practice was sporadic.

Grew up Calvinist. We just used regular leavened bread. The more conservative churches would serve only from a common loaf. The whole point is that it's supposed to resemble a common meal. A lot of stereotypes of historic Calvinism are somewhat ill-informed.

The texture is a bit different but the way they both melt in your mouth is spot on.

>$15 on Amazon
Think these would be good with dip?

Black churches utilize Ritz crackers and Kool-Aid, because of them being cheap and so that children can have them. No idea why they don't let children have wine. Is it because of the law?

I ate a piece of it at church yesterday, the ice-cream cone is pretty close example. The piece I had yesterday was a bit more chewy than a cone, I had a bit of a dry mouth and it took about 20 seconds of chewing to get it down.

If you're that curious just go to a Catholic church service and line up for communion and copy what the person in front of you does.

>Kool-Aid
>church

oh no

Kinda reminds me of paper thin fortune cookies

>t.heretical whore

>you can actually order unconsecrated wafers online. Religion-wise they're meaningless until you actually get a priest to bless them.

this sounds so methodical that I feel like I would want to streamline something like this in runescape in order to make gp

I once went to a Protestant church and they served grape juice. It was gross. At my church, the priest always gulp down the remaining wine from the glasses right in front of everyone lol

Lmao, how do they expect kids not to do exactly this? You get food, you eat it.

OOO lordy lordy it tastes like GOD in your mouth.

They taste like bagged flour tortillas that have gone stale

to be specific he said bread

To be fair, the wine they generally use in the eucharist is also pretty bad. But at least it's actually wine.

our church let kids drink wine
we were Catholic though

Catholics are so weird, man.

It's a little dry. Needs a sip of wine to go with.

If I was at a church that served grape juice instead of wine, I'd do a 360, walk right out the door and never return. You can be guaranteed that church is as fake and plastic as the juice. Surely most Prottydog churches serve real wine right?

Tastes like I'm not going to hell.

Neither is anyone else whether we eat it or not since we're already in hell.

Yes.

Protestants are so weird.

It took too long for someone to post this.

sort of

Protestants take communion too.

>and lead us not into Burger King temptation,

Lutheran here, thats common with us too.

>Not McCicken
9/10 good fresh pasta

Alright here goes a joke.

The parish priest while offering the mass asked the faithful how many were in the congregation, so that he may separate the necessary hosts to bless. When he counts them he realizes he is missing one. He devices a plan and decides to cut out a piece of tambourine in the shape of a communion waffer. As the faithful came forward to receive the body of Christ, an old lady with bad teeth gets the tambourine host. After chewing and chewing her jaw becomes tired, and she tells the priest: "Father excuse me but, what part of Our Lord's body have you given me?" The priest surprised at such a question says: "what do you mean?". She responds: "because father the longer it is in my mouth, the harder it gets".

why should anyone give a shit about protestants

>protestants

I was raised Catholic and I had basically a four year existential crisis instead of high school. I landed on atheism fite me.