Better brioche

I tried to make some brioche today, and even if it’s taste good, the brioche is way to compact. Does anyone has a clue what I can do to achieve the perfect brioche ?

>500g flour
>75ml milk
>75g sugar
>10g salt
>20g yeast
>4 eggs
>Mix it and knead like crazy for 30+ minutes
> add piece by piece 200g butter
> let rise in a warm place for 90minutes
> put in fridge overnight
> form brioche, let rise 90min to 120min
> bake 30min at 200• Celsius

First possibility: first rise was to hot, the dough doubled more than its size.
2 : second rise was ineffective, size didn’t seem to really grow
3 : I used half whole meal
4 : dough is too dry ?

Other urls found in this thread:

lepetrin.fr/recettes/pate-levee/la-vraie-brioche-du-boulanger/
youtube.com/watch?v=cbBO4XyL3iM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also backing thread I guess

Pic of the inside of the brioche.
Also :
> I kneaded by hand. Is it impossible to achieve the perfect brioche without kitchenaid?

You used too much flour and you need to slowly incorporate the butter after kneading. Proof your yeast. Let your Brioche bulk ferment in the fridge overnight before doing your second rise.

I meant add your butter piece by piece after kneading dough for 5-10 min. You shouldnt need to knead your dough more than 20 min

Looks like shit you its fucking dense why is it so brown inside pretty sure you aren't kneading it right or long enough

And how to you knead it right?
It is brown because of wholemeal floor

I did that. I may have added to much flour

Pretty sure You did.

A few tips

The whey proteins contained in milk will hinder gluten development. Go ahead and deactivate the whey protein by first heating the milk above 180°F/82.2°C. Then milk is then cooled to 110°F/43.3°C before moving on to the next step.

To knead by hand use fraisage and slap and fold.

Let it rest one hour before putting in the fridge overnight

Cringe

Thanks for your answer, will try!

>cringing at people who want to improve stuff
Yeah sure if that’s make you happy

You may also want to try soaking your wheat flour for about 30 min to soften it up a bit, especially if it has bran. Using wheat flour can really give you very heavy and dense bread. Consider some vital wheat gluten 1/2-1tsp if you really want to use wheat flour.

You need to let it cool before you cut it

I made some pretty decent buns today. No shots because I'm in bed but

750g flour
500g water
100g milk
25g fresh yeast
2tsp salt
1tbsp honey

Rise, form with as little punching as possible, bake. No kneading.

240°C 12-14 minutes

After putting in a carton of egg yolks, an entire stick of butter and a cup of sugar in there you want to use wholemeal flour to make it healthier?

Just treat it as the desert it is and use normal flour.

>75ml milk
>75g milk to 500g flour

I had no more normal flour left, and thought it may be okay... well, I guess you learn from errors.

But there are also 4 whole eggs.

>well, I guess you learn from errors.
If you learn from it, it wasn't really an error.

I never made brioche but wtf is that even still bread? Sounds more like a fermented cake to me.

Not enough sugar. Not enough eggs. You put salt in a brioche? You didn't melt your butter and add it to the beaten eggs then add your flour? By knead do you mean stretch and fold? If not your brioche dough is nowhere near rich enough.

>only 4 eggs in a brioche with that much flour

The further you go into baking the more the lines between pastry, bread and cake become blurred.

I thought you were supposed to add the butter after kneading first to develop the elasticity of the gluten (which is stopped by the butter). Is everything on the internet a lie ...?

Well I followed this recipe:
lepetrin.fr/recettes/pate-levee/la-vraie-brioche-du-boulanger/

>recipe in Spanish
No thanks

>can't even recognize his second most spoken language
typical freedumb

>doesn’t recognize it
>doesn’t care

>i was just pretending to be retarded

In one bowl mix your eggs and melted butter, in another bowl mix your flour, sugar and yeast. Then pour the flour mix bowl contents into the egg butter mix bowl. Mix into a what will look like a goopy paste (a few splashes of milk may be required) then turn out onto an unfloured surface and knead using the slap and fold technique for about 15-20 minutes then transfer to a loaf tin to rise for about 4 hours. Forget that overnight rise crap, it's not neccesary.

youtube.com/watch?v=cbBO4XyL3iM

Here's my own proper fit for a french princess brioche recipe

500g strong white bread flour
6 large whole eggs (beaten)
125g butter (melted)
125g sugar
2 teaspoons fast acting yeast