Veeky Forums, I turned 21 today

Veeky Forums, I turned 21 today.
What is the best alcohol I can now buy legally in the states that will make me feel mature and enlightened?
I like whiskey, but the only liquors I know are bottom shelf tier stuff

Six pack of Bud Light.

For me, it's the Famous Grouse, the best moderately-priced scotch.

I've heard Buffalo Trace is good if you want whisky.

Whatever you buy, have fun drinkin it with ur pals

Wild Turkey 101 is passable. Maker's Mark tastes like whiskey candy, but I like that, so I consider it "in a good way". It's also like double the price of Wild Turkey. Buffalo Trace is the mid point, but I haven't tried it yet myself.
If you want to feel enlightened by your own maturity though, I think that pretense goes to scotch. They usually have their own general where you can get recommendations.

Famous grouse is absolute trash tier whisky m9. If you want decent whishy for relatively cheap just buy bushmill's or Jameson

But Bushmills and Jamesons aren't whisky, they are whiskey.

Drink Kaliskaya vodka, mudslimes in Austria have ben getting buttmad recently because the logo allegedly resembles the word "Allah" being eaten by a snake.

sounds promising but I doubt I will find it here

Malt liquor nigga

I had this yesterday. $25 in VA, and it was a fine drink neat

chartreuse.

>feel mature and enlightened?
Have one glass of wine with dinner and leave it at that. Alcohol doesn't elate you, it depresses you. Avoid distilled alcohol entirely.

buy some good gin, campari and sweet veremouth and make a Negroni - the patrician's cocktail.

Christian Brothers is a cheap brandy, but it tastes more like a whiskey two or three times the price.

Invite couple of buddies and have a proper binge. Buy 2l of cheap vodka, some pickles, herrings and pinapple juice. Drink pure, freezing vodka from shot glasses and rinse with juice.

I personally love Crown Royal, it's about the only liquor I enjoy just on the rocks

gintonic with a good gin is a drink many people like when they arent huge drinkers, with a slice of lemonpeel or cucumber. Monkeys gin would be nice, and you shouldnt go cheaper than hendricks.
gotta say though, the older i get the more i appreciate how you feel from drinking wine, it warms your face and makes you smile more

1: batavia arrack
2: mexican fernet
3: jeppson's malört
layer and shoot at room temperature

monkey shoulder you swine

Just go get captain morgan, some coke or gingerale and call it fun

Johnny Walker Red neat
Or
Hendricks on the rocks

Only costs $42, but if that's too much for you, try Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition.

Sip your whiskies out of this from now on.

just get some good beers you fedora wearing brick shitting snot dispenser

Kraken

Eagle rare is a good bourbon and at a reasonable price

Corner creek is pretty inexpensive and taste great

If you wanna get real fucking classy, go ahead and buy yourself a bottle of Willett bourbon. Depending on where you get it the price can be stupid expensive, I can usually find it online for under $49, although I have a buddy who lives down the road from Buffalo trace go ahead and ship me a bottle for $25

You're 21, OP! Happy birthday. You may be tempted to go and get ripped but make the night special and just pace yourself. Enjoy the liquor, don't slam it. Best tasting mid-to-top shelf whiskies and scotch imo:

Jim Beam Devil's Cut. Better than cheap shit.
Bulleitt. Good all around, slightly better than every day. Get rye if you want more bite.
Evan Williams black label. My every day KSBW.

J&B. Blended. This is the ultimate every day scotch.
Talisker. Single malt, smoky, add a few drops of water.
Glenfiddich 18. Single malt, for special occassions.

Or select from the big boy menu (pic related). I'd go with Pernod (68% ABV), mixed with water. Learn some respect for the drop. If it were me, I would avoid liquor altogether tonight and just go for a couple packs of fine beer: Wells Bombardier, or Fuller's London Pride if you can get it, and on the continent side Trappist ales, or a Saison (the DuPont is good).

I was going to say that isn't too bad of a little collection, then I realized the bottles are empty. Why do kids do this? An empty bottle is literally trash, and doesn't make you look cool putting them up on your shelf.

They remind me of the good times, user. When I still had money. And friends. And family.

Everclear 99%

Start drinking Fernets and Coffee. Become productive and feel like a man

This is actually a good recommendation for the intellectual or artist with a light breakfast, assuming you don't have to drive yourself anywhere like a total pleb.

Craft beer get boneshaker

Jameson

Canadian Club

Doesn't matter. As long as it says "denatured" on the label.

Look, no chick wants to drink the shit in this thread and you’re too young to jump straight to whiskey. Play around with nice Belgian beer. Experiment with lambic framboise and similar. It won’t impress your ex con biker buddies, but it might get you laid.

French wine. The m a t u r e choice.

I go for gin, bombay sapphire is my thing, but i wouldn't get a big bottle because the taste isnt for everyone
my dad drink's lamb's rum, i think it's a newfie thing

>Mothers ruin

Buffalo Trace is a fine every day spirit, but for this occasion you're gonna want to go bigger.

DO NOT do shots of this, or chug this or desecrate it with any cola or soft beverage. I will know if you do.

>""""goes for gin""""
>posts sweet blue meme juice that ain't piney at all

MD 20/20

Famous Grouse is absolute piss. Teacher's is the minimum, and even then you shouldn't bother. JW Black is the lower limit for genuinely acceptable. You're better off buying a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 if you want decent and affordable.

everclear, drink it straight from the bottle it has lots of vitamins

>mature and enlightened
I know a strong substance that only a few can take it

It's called reading a book

fire water is by far the most orgasmic thing i have ever drunk in my entire life

Just become successful and drink whatever you like and people will take it seriously because you're successful.

For example Churchill drank whisky diluted with shitloads of water. Hemingway drank absinthe mixed with champagne. Now these things are taken seriously because of them.

> Has a best before date
What the fuck did they put in there ?

Happy Birthday, user. you're the second person i've wished happy birthday to on Veeky Forums today.
Ask your liquor store person what they recommend for easy drinking and what ever you pick, take it slow. You don't have to be an alcoholic just because you can buy alcohol.

Viking Blöd

What state are you in? If you want to feel like a faggot just get a bottle of Macallan 12.
BT isnt as sweet but its still nice
WT101 is basically the go to unless the store carries weller 107 at MSRP
Muslims dont even drink so who gives a shit?
That solely depends on how you personally take booze. Your either giddy, sad or angry when drunk, if your later two you shouldnt drink.
Ill second this
>Glenfiddich 18. Single malt, for special occassions.
Fiddich18 is a ripoff. The guy could get Aberlour A'Bunadh and Ardbeg Uige for cheaper
Blantons is bullshit though unless its from the barrel which is japan only because Kentucky hates us
probably horse semen

Unironically explain the difference

What does Veeky Forums think of Hennessey? I wish I started with that instead of seagrams 7

Nation of origin.

Gin tonics are good too btw op

fruit, rice, cranberry juice. soda, tuna, beans, corn, water, microwave food, homemade wine, fuel for your vehicles, vehicles, wood, kerosene.we got it all, what you want soldier.

On my birthday I (barely) remember drinking half a handle of Captain Morgan straight. Fun night, but I puked all over my bed as I was trying to go to sleep. Now I can't even smell it without wanting to puke. Definitely puts the fire in you though.

Auchentoshen 3 oak whisky

Literally the most bourbon tasting whisky I’ve ever had. It was a weird experience compared to other Auchentoshan I’ve tried.

Ron Zacapa is the best rum, arguably in the world. It not like the swill you have to mix with coke. Zacapa is best neat, straight up. It is more like cognac than rum.
Centenario is best, they make a rum that is a few hundred dollars a bottle, but centenario is best.

Personally I drink only the cheapest shittiest tasting whiskys and vodkas because part of the drinking experience is enjoying hearing "How can you drink that stuff?"

My favorite gin

i'm experimenting right now with all the different stuff they got right now.

the heartburn keeps me from really drinking, guess i'm done for the night.

god tier. no comparison