Do you like my fried rice?

Do you like my fried rice?

Yes

thank you for the input.
The veggies are frozen asian stir fry mix from the grocery store

Looks very yummy user. Hope you enjoy/enjoyed.

did it come with the muchrooms too

looks good. I would have added peas, personally.

Egg chunks are too big and the carrots aren't chopped up enough, but otherwise yes.

where'd u get the eggs from and what kind are they.

Yes
Got them from your mom

user, you did not use frozen vegetables r-right?

That's not risotto.

Looks like a slop-of-shit

that's not even my work dipshit
lose the baby corn, crumble the rice with your hands next time for an even and consistent coating of soy sauce
i honestly think it could lose either 1-2 of the vegetables.
I think mushroom is great with brocoli, onion, and you could add peas and it be perfect.

is fried rice easy to make? how do you make it?

stir fry rice in a pan with oil and soy sauce

im not an expert but i know a few good tips. fry some scliced green onions in oil for a little bit on high heat first and then add your meat then veg and then tilt your frypan and move your ingredients to one side and pour soysauce on the part thats bare. let the soysauce 'cook' in the hot oil for a bit then mix it all together. add in rice (preferably cold rice leftover from the day before)

>that's not even my work dipshit
Oh, I was wondering why it looked edible. Makes sense now.

Looks pretty good. The egg bits are not very attractive, whisk them more better and make them thinner. I usually make my egg separately in the hot pan before I put in the rice. I let the pan get really hot and then make super thin egg "crepes" which I remove before frying the rice. I cut them up while the rice is frying, then add them back in right before serving.

Not drenched in olive oil? Dropped.

super hot pan
high heat oil
if you're using bacon add it here and don't burn the shit out of it so that the grease goes into the rice
add eggu whisk it til it's kind of there (don't add after rice because it just coats it and it sucks)
rice in
stir fry a while
soy sauce, burn a bit
sesame oil, don't burn
green onion if you want to be fancy
sriracha if you want maybe a little before the soy sauc

oh and if you want to make it like that one special restaurateur that always has the best fried rice with that 'special' something that waters your mouth add MSG and sugar and unagi and maybe butter

no, sorry

Adding MSG has little to no point in a dish where you can use cured meats, soy sauce, fish sauce and other ingredients already naturally high in MSG (or other forms of free-ish glutamic acid).

Butter is not so much of a cheap trick when you think about the fact that you had to choose the grease to fry everything in. Heck, ghee might even be traditional going closer and closer to India (I have no idea if they use butter in indochina and china and yes I realize indian fried rice is completely different).

Sugar is the real cheap trick when not using sweet veggies like onion, carrots and so on.
Keep it unnoticeable or it sucks.

Looks so great, I'd like more veggies or a smaller portion and a side please!

Looks suspiciously like a big-slop-of-shit.

No! I dont!

the egg fucked it all up. however it seems made with care. id add peanuts.

its actually hard to see in that picture but there is takana in the fried rice, which acts as a veggie.

i think you have to have a metal plate whatever to make it. kinda holding me back.

You dropped your salad into it?

Anyone accidentally make rice without noticing white worms crawling in the rice? Because I didn't notice until the next day when the bag of rice seemed to be moving.
They tasted ok though.

Just extra protein

The grain weevils float to the top when I rinse regular rice and I just scoop them out but since I don't rinse risotto I just cook them. My weevils are brown not white but it may be because I live in the south.

what are those bits? pork?

How do you guys make the sauce?
I've been trying to make Thai Fried Rice, but can't seem to get the same taste I like at restaurants.

I've tried soy sauce, oyster sauce, and fish sauce.

If you have visible brown weevils, then you probably have little white larvae that blend in with the rice and also don't float. Have fun.

are they actually a health problem or can you just eat them and not give a shit

You can't really be that retarded.

I mean, I think MSG allows you to really dictate that umami bit without worrying about the intrusive flavors of meats, fish sauce, and soy. I agree that the others are better, but I always like to introduce people to such a basic flavor.

I totally get what you mean though. Every time I make fried rice there's so many possible additions that I often cave to them and realize "oh fuck, that last bit just turned this into French-Indian-Thai F/R rather than just the based Chinese fried rice I was originally hungry for. Maybe I'm a poor cook though, I've never made fried rice and have been totally confident in it's 'culture' or whatever. There's just too many options of too many common ingredients.

>those mini corn things

those are disgusting. other than that, it looks pretty good

Uh, how common is this shit? I've eat quite a bit of rice and have never experienced this in my life.

pork belly. look at the filename

I'm also having a hard time getting a restaurant taste.

I've tried a 3:2:1 blend of oyster, fish, and soy sauce, along with about a teaspoon of sugar. It tastes sorta similar, but I feel the oyster flavor isn't quite right, and adding more just makes it taste too fishy. Also the sauce smell is pretty bad and makes the whole room smell like fish.

>hurrrr durrr restaurant taste
you people are retarded. There are dozens of variabnles which create fried rice from restaurants.
There's also tons of different kinds of fried rice served in restaurants.

I make fried rice better than most restaurants, so stop acting like you can't do it at home. You dont even need a fucking wok to make godly fried rice.

what do you put in yours?

>it's the guy who pre-heats teflon pans and uses sesame oil as a cooking oil instead of a finishing oil
>telling people how to make fried rice and posting pictures of his carcinogen-laced food

Add sake! Use it to deglaze like normal after soy sauce, but turn the heat to medium (let's the rice soak it up a bit).

i actually go to culinary courses now and i've asked both of my teachers about the teflon thing.
There is something called the National Sanitation Foundation which test products to make sure they are completely safe to make foods with.

There are Teflon pans which fall into this category, and some which don't. My teflon pans are NSF approved which means they will not release chemicals when cooking with this. The teflon meme is apparently bullshit and won't affect most teflon pans.

Also I used a mixture of oils that day. My primary oil was fat from the pork belly which was mixed with a little bit of sesame oil. That pork belly fat prevented the sesame oil from burning.

So I literally did nothing wrong.
i use sesame oil (at a controled heat which i prevent from burning) I use good soy sauce, and I use oyster sauce, and chili oil.

i think good soy sauce and sesame oil gives fried rice the best flavor imo.

deep fryer + rice = properly fried rice