Hi peeps, ITT I'll teach you how to make actual tzatziki. Because I fucking feel like it

Hi peeps, ITT I'll teach you how to make actual tzatziki. Because I fucking feel like it.
You can also ask me for other greek recipes, but I'll only bother to type something that I really like. (by the way it's not a sauce nor a salad, it's somewhere inbetween).

>1kg of plain yogurt
>2 large cucumbers
>2 to 3 clovers of garlic, shredded
>100g of chopped dill
>salt
>olive oil
>vinegar

1.Peel cucumbers, then use a cheese grater to shred them at a strainer like pic related. Have some kind of pot or a plate underneath to collect the juice.
2. CRUSH the shredded cucumber with your bare hands, it'll release tons of juice. Pour salt on it, crush it some more, then taste. If it's not salty enough add some more.
3. let it rest for 30 minutes at least. After the salt has absorbed the moisture, throw it in in the yogurt, along with all other ingredients.
4. furiously mix every ingredient stated, then put it in the fridge and let it rest for at least 6 hours. It will actually taste much better in 24 hours. Consume it within 2 days.
>about salt, oil and vinegar
It's up to your own taste my dudes. Be sure to fucking taste your product.

Any questions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDhMZRzWQXY
youtube.com/watch?v=bq5lwrZkEjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I appreciate the recipe and I'm sad this will sink to the bottom of the board. This place is now a board for redditors to argue about soy and pizza.

How does greek tzatziki compare to the turkish version? Didn't the turks originally invent it?

if he posted a step by step photo tutorial it would get attention. simply posting a recipe is not that useful or interesting.

I've been to Turkey and had my share of food, but, I've no clue what you're talking about. There wasn't anything similar to it whatsoever.
There's turkish tzatziki now?

cacik

Is it worth it to try and use nonfat yogurt? I'm on a low calorie diet

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDhMZRzWQXY

I see, it seems like a good dip for chicken. I will actually try it soon.
Yeah, should work fine.

please stop posting, reddit

I'm actually /m/. Close.

>2 to 3 cloves of garlic

?

Seems like a good recipe, thanks user. Unfortunately there’s no way I can eat over a kilogram of tzatziki by myself in just two days. Guess I’ll reserve this for holidays with the family.

Sorry friend, I actually meant BEAST EATEN within 2 days. You can have it within a span of 5 days no prob, but it'll probably get watery. 200g a day ain't shit, But you could alternatively just use HALF of the fucking ingredients from the recipe, y'know?

Good point.

This amount of tzatziki requires more like a head of garlic.

Your mom requires more head.

> posting a recipe is not that useful
Kys

he's right though
this is an image board

Suck my dick and learn how to cook retard.
>babby's first picture book

>hostile and missing the point

OP posted an image of one of the utensils used to make the sauce, though. If pictures are required to cut then mix shit in a bowl I don't know what to tell you.

this is a good recipe user but i'd add more garlic and also my greek ass relatives who live in greece told me the best way to make it super secret delicious is to add a skosh (like half a shot to a shot's worth) of sweet white wine like retsina

thank you for making quality thread, tzatziki is love and life

I'm greek as fuck and never ever had tzatziki with booze. Did I also mention I'm a cook?
Anyway, this is supposed to be a quality thread? What the fuck happened here. I can hook you up with more sexy recipes. But do Try the one I posted.

I'll try that recipe.

How come you save the juice? Do you add it back in?

Thanks op sounds good.
how about a fool proof hummus or falafel?

Good question, and I actually forgot to mention: YOU FUCKING DRINK IT, because it's super delicious. Plain cucumber juice with salt. It's green as fuck and looks like the deadliest of poisons, but it's super delicious and super healthy. Bottoms up.

Thanks buddy! Always nice to learn how to make sauces and condiments like this.

How am I supposed to eat tastsiki? Is it a cold soup like gazpacho or a dip?

It's a dip. You eat it with your regular meat and fries, like ketchup etc

I'm not too familiar with Greek cuisine but I would like to learn more about it. It's rather uncommon here in Burgerland. Can you post another recipe?

No, unless you specifically ask for a recipe. Or if you can hook me up with a job over there. Or if you're a cool dude.

Hey I want some help with meat grape leaves because, while mine are okay, they don't ascend to the level I want them to.

>meat grape leaves
wat

>actual content posted
>stop posting u retard
Really makes you think

Oh

These

This thread is shit but Reddit will tell you otherwise.

aren't those stuffed with rice?

Yeah they are, dunno what that fag is talking about. Also I've had 10 drinks already, might not reply.

Fuck you

hurr durr fuk u kidd lmao epic maymays here
Just google ntolmadakia recipe you fuckwit. Also ask nicely next time, I fucking hate kids.

You said you would help, called me a fag when I asked for help, and then insinuate that I'm the asshole

Sounds good to me. Now what's your actual question? Ntolmadakia+meat? no, just rice.
Don't shitpost, just ask. Before I eventually pass out.

Meat is nontraditional, Chef John has a really good recipe for this though

youtube.com/watch?v=bq5lwrZkEjk

I don't need your help p you degenerate alcoholic. Your bullshittery has inspired me tk become better.

Thank you for your help citizen.

>tk

They’re not required, they’re just more useful and interesting.

Are all Greek people this rude?

Depends, they don't care for turks, muzzie.

Much appreciated user