Stea/ck/ & Egg...Soup

So here it is... first attempt.
As the title says its a soup of steak and eggs. I was going for that drippy yolky goo we secretly lick off the plate when were finished our steak and eggs. Yes... you know what im talking about.
So it is possible and i came close.
This first round had too much potato and not enough egg. The main thing i was going for was to see how hard it was to incororate yolk without curdling.

>caramelized onions
>sauteed potato
>seared flat iron steak
>egg yolk
>beef stock
>milk
>corn starch
>fresh thyme
>fresh chives
>salt and pepper
Was going to finish with butter but forgot.

>egg soup
What the fuck is wrong with you.

>im a manlet and have never eaten steak and eggs because it cant be microwaved. I also fear anything new so the idea of a soup with eggs sounds gross...even though eggdrop soup has been around as long as people have been eating chickens.

8/10 would eat

Unironically looks like a richer version of a cream soup. Given the ingredient list, I'dd bet it was pretty fucking dank, although I'd prefer mussels, shrimp or clams for the meat part instead of steak. Also, tarragon works really well with eggs so I would have used that.

>put bullion cube in boiling water
>crack a few eggs
>drain them into water
>flake them up with a fork
delicious low effort soup

OP here. While there was no cream per se it was very rich and creamy like a potato soup. Thats what i was talking about in the OP... a bit too much potato but this was literally my first time doing it. Next time i think i will omit the milk cut back on the potato and up the yolk.
Im really wanting this to taste like beef-flavored egg yolk not slightly eggy potato soup but its still good. In its current version this woyld be more of a steak n tater soup and if you didnt know the egg was there you wouldnt suspect it.

Didnt think of taragon but thats a damned good idea. Getting into the hollandaise/bearnaise territory and i like it.

That's a pretty fucking interesting idea user, gonna play around with it for sure.

seriously, good post m8

Maybe steak n egg soup will be our next meme and we'll know it started here right now this 16th day of february... or 17th if you live on the wrong side of the planet.

This looks fucking delicious, and it sounds even better. Did you follow a recipe, or is this your creation? Either way, could you post some more in-depth instructions and measurements? Would love to try this, but I'm still a bit of a novice in the kitchen.

OP here. This is just something i came up with... Been doing a lot of steak and eggs for dinner lately and only half-joking about licking the plate. Ill come back through before this thread dies and walk you through it.

You're the man.
I don't blame you, but I usually soak up that good yellow stuff with some buttered toast. Been doing hella steak and eggs for breakfast recently.

OP here and heres a rough recipe.
>1lb good steak not stew meat
>1 russet potato, 1/2 dice
>1 small onion(about 1/2c), diced
>1 quart beef stock
>1/4 cornstarch, slurried
>12 egg yolks
>couple sprigs of thyme
>a few chives
>salt and freshly cracked pepper
>2oz butter plus 1oz more cold
So... Sear your steak over high heat and rest. Dont over cook.
Cook your egg yolks as you would for hollandaise. Set aside.
In pot a with about 1oz of butter saute and season your potatoes. Remove once they have some good color.
Add another oz of butter and caramelize the onions.
Add the stock and slurry.
While that comes up to a simmer...
Cut up your steak. If its too raw add it to the simmering stock now. Do the same with the potatoes if theyre too hard. If not then wait. Reduce heat.
Take a small bit of your hot stock and temper your yolks. Read up on tempering yolks if you dont know.
Add your tempered yolks to the stock along with the potatoes and meat if you havent already.
Finish with herbs and a little cold butter.
Adjust salt as necessary.

I think that should make sense.
Someone suggested tarragon and i like that idea.

*1/4 CUP of starch

And i guess i should have said season the steak with salt and pepper. Obviously.

You're the man, OP, thanks. I'll try it out this weekend and post if it turns out looking any good. Much appreciated, bro!

I bet some buttered toast would go good with it. This sounds pretty fucking delicious

Youre welcome... Use your best judgement with the measurements.
I wing it so my measurements are not precise nor do they need to be.

OP here... And i agree. Toast or in keeping with the soup theme some simple croutons.

thats some cold weather soup right there
looks good op

>my soop is gay

if by gay you mean amazing then yes

Ima try this thanks

>drain eggs
What cunt?

Mmmm soooooup

LOL STEAK AND EGGS LIKE FAMILY GUY

I would tear this the fuck up tbqh

what does that even mean? steak and eggs have been diner fare for at least half a century.

It means he is an adolescent from a working-class to lower middle-class single-parent home and most of his meals come from a box or can and are reheated in the microwave. Though he has eggs on the ocassional Sunday he's only had steak twice; once in middle school when a clsssmate had a birthday party at a hibachi restaurant and last year at the junior prom. Both times well-done. So the only time this guy has heard of anyone eating steak and eggs together was the body-builder scene of an episode of Family Guy.

So im jus askin cuz ya no
But itnt aldat yoke bad 4 da hart

can't be as bad as what ever happened to your brain.

Fuk u egg iz bad 4 da hart

Looks good op

This sounds gross. Eggs are gross

Bump, must try.