How do you quit

How do you quit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sv5CyCR9aSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Beef jerky and sparkling water. Thank me later.

find an artificial sweetener you like, and start using it.

I like the combination of Erythritol and Stevia.

Weaning, not cold turkey
For instance I started
>not buying soda for home, switched to La Croix pampelmousse and can crush a case a day
>treat myself to soda once a fortnight or so if I decide to drink and need a mixer and get the rest of my sugar cravings done with sweet coffee or a small box of milk duds instead of eating a pint of ice cream every day
t. obesefag that poked two new holes in my belt today

Switch to fermented sugars. I personally like vodka.

Naked cartwheels. Thank me later.

you just stop.

this

How the fuck do people even get addicted to sugar and nicotine and caffeine? All of that shit is like crack when I use it. Most people are low energy cucks.

>how do people get addicted to something that i can compare to one of the most addictive narcotics? even one of the most addictive narcotics that i've never tried?
>why do low energy cucks get addicted to high energy stimulants like sugar, nicotine, and caffeine?
did you even think before this post?

For me it was
>`hmmm, I should stop eating sugar '
>*stopped eating sugar *
It really isn't that hard. I'll sometimes have a pepsi Max or a /sip/ if I'm craving something sweet, but I never crave sugar itself

When I quit soda cold turkey I ended up bed ridden with the worst headache of my life for two days and threw up three times. I could barely pull myself over to the toilet on the first day. The headache lasted over a month. Sugar is no joke if you are legitimately addicted.

inb4 ur just bitch

Stevia

You don't consume sugar, but you don't have to cut out all sugar unless you have no self control in which case you have other more serious problems

Drink more water. Not flavored water, not sparkling water, not mineral water. Just fucking water.

Well, if you don't mind the shitty aftertaste than sure.

I quit by replacing it with apples
Whenever I had sugar cravings I either kept it in or grabbed an apple
After a couple of weeks I didn't have sugar cravings anymore and that was pretty much that
Easy to fall back into the habit but just as easy to get out of it again now

you dont, your brain needs glucose

Just avoid and have your taste buds go back to their normal state. I quit sugar a few months ago. Life is good now.

this really does work

What do you mean? Do you not eat fruit?

you don't think apples have sugar in them?

This. If you're eating apples you might as well just go for a can of coke. Same sugar and nutritional value.

>your brain needs glucose
eat complex carbs. they're almost entirely glucose.
sugar is 50% fructose. Fructose is unhealthy.

tell me what the difference is without using any google references. ie, what understanding of fructose did you have upon making this post?

Because here in America it’s in almost EVERYTHING. And companies know that shit is addictive, if they add it to their food people are more likely to want more or enjoy the flavor even more.

Apples have fiber which allows the sugar in them to be broken down slower therefore they are better for you than a fucking candy bar or can of coke.

apples have less than 2g of fiber and 30g of sugar

Your body uses glucose. It knows how to use that and can break it down. Fructose is another story, your body can’t use fructose. So it’s broken down by your liver as if it were a toxin. Eat enough of it (majority of American food has added sugar) and it will fuck your liver up with fatty liver disease.
Table sugar is glucose+fructose.

I unironically started doing coke. Yeah it's not really a healthier alternative but at least I'm losing weight

Like I said they get broken down slower than table sugar with no fiber at all.

Go back to your twinkies.

eat more fruit. getting yourself adjusted to more natural sugars will help you on your quest. I'd avoid processed foods as well specifically frozen foods and ready made sauces like curries and tomato sauce, make your own

But don’t live off of fruit, eat too much and it’s just as bad. Juice is bad too, a glass of juice is like 4 apples. You’re better off just eating one apple instead of overloading your body like that.

juice doesn't count as fruit but I agree that needs to be pointed out to people. You would not believe how many diabetics are shocked by how bad apple juice is for them

Lol what’s funny is on juice boxes here in America they say one glass of juice is one serving of fruit. Then dummies drink multiple glass cause muh fruit servings

>50% fat paleo diet

Easily? Are you diabetic?
Just use stevia for anything you want sugar in, and use splenda for baking. . Otherwise lower your intake by eating little sugar a day like 20g. good practice: Buy a chocolate bar and only have 1/5th of it. save the rest for another night. You now have a week of dessert.

>Switched to la croix over soda
>Switched to something with MORE sugar in carbs then actual soda
Kek, who are you fooling man?

La croix is sparkling water faggot

Splenda is bad for your intestines. Stop encouraging to sweeten his shit up with fake sugars. Like damn you don’t need cake to live. You don’t need candy.

Diabetic here. I did worse. I got my type 2 from gorgin on not only apple juice, but Pineapple juice (90g per cup) and virgin pina coladas (90+ 60) And had like 4 of those a day.

Fruit juice is legitimately worse than soda, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Take both in moderation.

Splenda is the only non-sugar you can bake with. Whether you like it or not its the only alt to no sugar.

Sparkling water with additives. read your fucking cans mate. theres like 20g of carbs in every can.

This is a post on how to quit sugar.

I have a question. Bro science says that if you take the bran layer off of grains you go from consuming complex carbs to refined carbs and therefore the food is digested faster. This doesn't seem to make much sense to me. The kernel is exactly the same for both say, brown rice and white rice. The only difference is you have some complex carbs and fiber on the outside of brown rice. If I wanted to replicate the digestive process of eating whole grains, couldn't I just eat a white bread sandwich and eat some wheat bran seperately at the same time, mechanically putting them back together in my mouth and stomach?

Then you’re ingesting twice the carbs. Just eat the healthier stuff.

And? This is Veeky Forums - food and cooking. Not being able to bake period is a problem for many here..

I mean theoretically I'd be eating the same amount of carbs. I'd only be eating the amount of wheat bran that was removed from the flour in the first place. Wholemeal flour is difficult to work with as the gluten matrix is interrupted by the bran. Noodles are difficult to make, bread doesn't rise etc.

>20g of carbs
So? Carbs are carbs, this thread is about sugar you colossal health faggot.

So?

>Sparkling water with additives. read your fucking cans mate. theres like 20g of carbs in every can.
You're talking out of your ass, mate. That's not true.

>Sparkling water with additives. read your fucking cans mate. theres like 20g of carbs in every can.
this is 100% not true.

There's a ton of heat stable sweeteners and Erythritol based ones are superior for baking.

I did this

Each time you'v a sugar craving eat a fruit
Drink more water , not flavored not special , like juste water , or sparkling water. 0 soda (they reset the addiction)

my bread is only 20% whole wheat flour. That's all you need. I let my whole wheat flour ferment in my starter overnight to give my bread some flavor and soften up the bran.

>Each time you'v a sugar craving eat a fruit
u are very foolish. fruit is packed with fructose, and very useless and unhealthy sugar.

If you crave sugar, eat some aspartame. aspartame can also be sprinkled on stuff.

Except that beef jerky has a lot of sugar. It is candied beef. Biltong is the superior dehydrated meat snack.

>If you crave sugar, eat some aspartame. aspartame can also be sprinkled on stuff.
Dear god i hope youre joking

>Dear god i hope youre joking
I eat about a dozen packets of aspartame a day. I'm perfectly fine.

Buddy not only is that anecdotal evidence, but the problems arent immediate. That shit is not good for you man, at least switch to stevia.

>fruit is unhealthy
Any time you hear someone say something this stupid, no matter what their reasoning might be, you can safely ignore any advice they've offering.

Stevia is highly processed with toxic chemicals.
aspartame is a simple dipeptide produced by genetically modified yeast.

raw cabbage is delicious and has tons of fiber and vitamin c and very little sugar. Eat cabbage instead of fruit.

Stevia comes from a plant you dork.
>aspartame is a simple dipeptide produced by genetically modified yeast.
"wrong"

>Stevia is processed
Stevia is pure plant sugar, the fuck am I reading here?

Phase it out. Go one day without it, then 2, then 3 , then have a little something sweet that's not a whole cake. This is currently working for me.

Also Stevia,sucralose and aspartame. The holy trinity

Guys, stop recommending sugar substitutes. Everybody knows by now that they only serve to sustain sugar cravings, and make your body demand more calories because it gets confused when the supposed sugar doesn't provide any.

>And make it more confused
Stop parroting what you hear guy. I've been on stevia ever since keto acidosis back in november, and i'm also on a low carb diet. Stevia doesn't make me crave anything remotely sweet and the only time I use it is for coffee and teas.

>fake sugars

I had something to say about them but I forgot, and there is growth in my body or something...

Not him, but stevia might be the exception, but every other artifical sweetener causes an insulin response. So even if it doesnt cause cravings it still stops fat burning.

chemicals are used to extract the sweetness. I'm merely trying to diss stevia when compared to aspartame, which, in my personal opinion, is superior. There's probably nothing actually wrong with stevia.

Great idea. Now I can trade my sugar addiction for an alcohol addiction.

lmao

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

Also, if you REALLY need something sweet to go with your meal, get Trop50, and mix it half and half with your La Croix (or other flavored sparkling water). Trop 50 is just regular orange juice that had half of its added sugars replaced with Stevia, and if you cut it again with sparkling water, you're looking at something with a quarter of the sugars of a normal glass of orange juice, but which takes both delicious and fizzy.

fructose is not glucose. fructose is sugars found in fruits that are only processed in the liver, not other cells like glucose. increased sugar intake without appropriate fibre causes the liver to work overtime, resulting in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and diabetes

the sugar content in a fruit occurs with ratio of fibre that slows sugar intake and allows for slower dispersal. (see sugar cane/maple trees, sugar beets and corn, all in their "whole" forms are incredibly full of fiber to even out their high sugar contents)

Processed sugar is not natural and our bodies do not process it in a very healthy way for very long. It is best to consume fructose sugars in their whole form, with the accompanying fibre from the fruit

the reason fructose is bad in its processed (fibreless) form isn't just that it overworks the liver, which it does, but also all the fructose processed by the liver is stored as fat in the body.

All fructose has to be converted into fat before the body can use it as energy, which means your body has to deplete its glycogen stores before it reaches into its fat (ketosis) for energy

>Fruit is unhealthy
whew

you're a fucking idiot, processed fructose without the fruit part is unhealthy

learn to read

It's the same thing refined or not, kid. The exact same thing.

are you a fatty? or just stupid

fruit is fine, don't eat processed sugar, eat fruit
your body should do the processing

dude, just stop eating it, lmao
imagine being so weak you can't live without something that ruins your life, so funny

>mfw half year of abstaining from sugar as additive
>thought of tea with sugar sickens me
>start noticing small traces of sugar, low-sugar fruit like berries became very sweet to taste
>cheat only once in couple weeks with a piece of cake, muffin or something else with sugar content already cut in half
>immediately hit the gym for maximum perfomance with elevated glucose levels
>feel great

Eat even more sugar than you normally do. I can't really explain it, but it works.

>implying it wont be just as unhealthy

Just do it. I've decided to go full keto because my tongue was starting to get all this white stuff growing on it and I looked it up and apparently it's a fungus that feeds on sugar. Maybe it will help my depression too.

>your body should do the processing
what the fuck does this even mean

>not mineral water
>just fucking water

sugar is a carb you fucking retard

Cold turkey. Just try to avoid any added sugar so your intake is 24g a day or less. (Pay attention to labels for added sugar in non-sweet things - ketchup, salad dressing, bread, etc). Eat fruit for sweetness. Eventually your body and even your tastebuds will adjust but be warned- it’s easy to get back to square one.

>too much as just as bad

What the fuck is with all these fucking retards lately? This is like saying apples are deadly because they have cyanide in them

There is NO scientific evidence that whole fruit intake of any kind is unhealthy in any way

Paleo faggots are literal cancer

Congrats!! Keep it up.

What are you on about?

Why do you need to quit? When will people learn about moderation.

There are healthier options with natural sugars in them you could have weaned yourself off with like fruits, dum dum.

>Fruit juice is the same as fruit.

You're a goddamned moron. Go ahead and drink all the concentrate fruit juice you want kid, you'll learn the same exact way I had to and by then it'll be too late..

Turpentine did it for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=sv5CyCR9aSk

Substitute it with honey and fruit.

I quit cold turkey with no negative side effects so although I wouldn’t downplay your experience it definitely varies by person and depends how much you were taking in before quitting.

This.

And this.

Fruit sugar and milk sugar are not forbidden sugar. You shouldn’t gorge on fruit because it’s still high in sugar but you don’t have to restrict yourself from it entirely 100%. If you did, you couldn’t eat ANY plant food because they all contain a little sugar from part of the photosynthesis process. But with that sugar you are also getting fiber, water, minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients. When you take in products with refined sugar (including honey, agave, cane sugar, coconut sugar, beet sugar, etc) you are taking a straight hit of sugar.

Think of the difference between an extract of a food and the original whole food. It takes pounds of a whole food for a few drops of an extract. The extract is very potent though.

Cane sugar, coconut sugar, beet sugar, etc is literally the sugar extracted from the respective plant. So maybe you would have to eat a whole beet to get a few tsp worth of beet sugar - or you can get the granulated stuff and a few tsp is a few tsp. You aren’t going to eat 20 beets in a sitting but you could easily scoop a few tsp of granulated beet sugar into your coffee and have several beets worth of sugar in your cup without the fiber, vitamins, minerals, etc that would be in all those beets.

TL;DR - sugar is basically an extract. Whole foods containing sugar are generally ok.

This.

Too much of anything is bad. It’s not a retarded concept. Too many apples are better for you than too many candy bars but too many apples aren’t good for you either. SOME apples (or whatever fruit) are ok.