Aioli, yoke or no?

okay cunts, if you are making an Aioli do you add in egg yoke or no? does adding a yoke make it garlic mayo and not aioli anymore?

My mothers from Catalonia and would used it on sandwiches and shit and she's never put a yoke in it. but now I've got this qt from italy and she uses yoke in hers. what the fuck Veeky Forums is this yoke using garlic mayo bullshit really aioli?

I don't know the meme rules for aioli, but it'll taste better with yolk.

okay but thats just garlic mayo

Fucking idiot. Aioli is just garlic mayo.
Mayo is just garlic mayo...aioli just has more garlic. Both have egg yolk...or sometimes they dont. Egg yolk is used for the lecithin which aids in emulsification. It does not contribute significantly to the flavor.

Aioli is garlic mayo

I think if you don't add eggs, and just blend garlic and oil together, it's not technically mayo

I think I might invest more in eggless aioli, or maybe it's just aioli, because I want the unctuousness that mayo has without it's overly sweet taste

aioli is just garlic and oil. that's literally what it means.

Overly sweet? What kind of mayo are you eating? Mayo should not have added sugar. Try Dukes if youre not making your own.

Whilie im here let me mansplane for you ladies. Mayo is not an imulsion of oil and egg yolk. It is an imulsion of oil and water. The water comes from the vinegar and or lemon juice, mustard if used prepared and of course the water in the egg yolk. It does not need to be there. Both the lecithin in the yolk and fine grains of mustard flour help keep the mixrure imulsified. An aioli is an imulsion...usually not with egg yolk but it csn certainly be there. Aioli is pretty much thinner mayo with heavy garlic. Mayo is thicker aioli with lighter garlic...but it still has plenty of garlic.

Get it? Aioli and mayo are the same thing with slightly different ratios. Some people like to impress their "girl" friends or fellow church ladies by saying "look i made a lemon-garlic aioli" but no you just fucked up and put too much garlic and lemon juice in your mayo.

Came to post this, but apparently I was already here?

*emulsion

>source: my ass

If it doesn't contain vinegar it's not mayo.

aioli is just garlic and oil. if it has any egg in it, it's mayonnaise

garlic has enough natural emulsifiers that you do not need a yolk but it takes more time to bring together. Your mother is patrician, your gf is a modern woman

u try to funny catalonia boy? is sacred spanish aioli a yoke to you? viva espania, puta!

whatever you want/feel like, especially if you're just making it for yourself. stubbornness about the "purity" of a dish or food based on ingredients stems from being an unimaginative dumdum

MFW thousand years of noble heritage and culture reduced to a yoke because of catalonian dog

what did he mean by this

kill yourself spainfag

What
The
Fuck
You dont understand... I knew i was spelling it wrong.
>Googled that shit
>got it
>still spell it wrong
Ive gone full retard

I cant spell but my reply is otherwise accurate.

>Look at all that JOOSE

wew lad

you have no culture mate, aioli is just garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. anything else is just an amerimutt bastardization.

>things can only be one way

because if its not done the way its meant to be done its not the same thing, its a different thing

You men know what you are talking about

You are a cunt and need to go back to /b/

>lemon juice
only if you're French

no thats how its done

not if you are from spain, there are regional variations you colossal faggot. Italians ad vinegar and egg yolks, there's no right way to do it

Yes their is, lemon juice adds balance fucking amerimutt cultural annihilator.

I once added more oil to the aioli too fast and the emulsion broke, added an egg yolk, tasted fine.

Aioli is simple, just take some vegetable oil, garlic powder, and 4 or 5 egg yolks.

I got them, but I think the oil is seeping through my pocket and a few of the yolks might have broken. Wat do now?

no, go read more about aioli

Hand churn them together in your pocket, when it reaches aioli texture it'll stop dripping through.

Aioli is great. No yolk. Seriously, I'm not yolking right now.

>churn them together in your pocket, when it reaches aioli texture it'll stop dripping through

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be leaking even more if I try that.

You're always gonna lose some of it. Here in Scotland we call that the Angel's Share.

All i oli - garlic and oil, nothing else
Fuck those Provençal and Italian speakers.