How do I make my ice cream more solid and smooth? It always comes out mushy

How do I make my ice cream more solid and smooth? It always comes out mushy.

Freeze it

Colder faster while whipping air into it

I use an electric mixer to make it. The container is frozen, I just pour the liquid in and let it spin for 25 minutes or so.

make frozen custard instead as it is both better, and smoother

If you whip too much air into it, it stays soft even after it's been in the freezer.
Egg yolks keep it smooth. They contain stabilizers.
Vanilla extract is made with vodka so you don't want to overdo that.
It's always going to be like soft serve straight out of the mixer until you freeze it for several hours.

I don't mean to state the obvious but you are putting salt in with the ice right?

Sometimes I skip the salt, it doesn't seem to help all the time.

more fiber

TWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPSSSSSS

The salt is how the ice can even get cold enough for ice cream to be the consistency it is, don't skip it

That's your problem dude, it lowers the temp down to 0 from 32F

You're also probably not adding enough salt if you don't think it helps all the time, think cups not tablespoons

GRRROOOOOOONNAAAAAAALLLLDDS BLLLUUUUUUUURRRRMMMMPPPFFFF

I think OP uses a frozen container. Not ice and salt.

Yeah, it's this thing.

If you are using an old-fashioned churn, use the appropriate amount of ice and rock salt as the chilling medium.

If you are using an electric bowl chiller, get one that gets colder.

Well, there’s your problem. This will not make a solid ice cream. It doesn’t get cold enough.

You need to drop the temperature to 24-28 Fahrenheit. Ice and rock salt are needed for that. Pic is related.

You could use dry ice or liquid nitrogen. That would get you some low temp. However, too cold is wrist as bad as not cold enough.

This is a nice machine but it will only make the type of ice cream that it makes. This machine does not make hard ice cream, known in the US as “old fashioned” ice cream

kind of only works for soft serve/froyo user, you got hornswoggled if you thought you were going to be making ben and jerry's

what an unironical dumb dumb

is ice cream a euphemism for poop because fiber will do that

PFFFFFPFPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

TTTTTTWWWWWOOOOOO
SSSSSCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSS

Kindly fuck off back to your containment board

dumb nigger

That image is worse than 1000 outdated info graphs on gays or blacks

None make hard ice cream out of the bowl. You need to freeze it. I have one with a compressor and it still has the consistency of soft serve until it's in the freezer for a few hours.

running out of places to hide, eh libfag

based memri tv

>blacks committing crime is outdated

>it will tell you the closest thing to an honest truth it can see

How hilarious. pic related is how they respond to things.