/beer/

watcha drinking ?
watcha keeping safe for a good evening ?
watcha brewing ?

also, beer general

got an unexpected sample tasting yesterday when going to the beershop afterwork, a brewery named Piggy brewing was here and showing their stuff, including an excellent strawberry stout they just bottled (the guy said it was going to be in store in march) and a weird beet/blueberry beer that was definitely drinkable, but still pretty way off. he said they were still working on it and planning to insert cocoa in the recipe. will probably buy one for the sake of it when it comes out if not too expensive, but only for the wtf fest it's going to be and not reiterate the experience
bought them an oatmeal imperial stout called Fat Monstruous Pig, didn't drink it yet
I'm drinking this as I post

Keeping a case of Samuel Adams on standby for after I finish my diet. Should be good until May, so that's when I'll drink them. It's one of the American Craft Lager variety cases.

Please guys dont get obsessed with beer. Youll waste time and money and you look like fools.

Had a Chimay Blue and a Rochefort 10, so now I'm drinking an Anchor Steam to come down a bit before my wife comes home for dinner. Got one of these for dessert plus a bunch more cool stuff that I'll post as I drink it.

>Boston Lager, Fresh As Helles, Noble Pils, Coffee Black Lager, Kellerbier, Smoked lager

I've only drank the Boston lager before, which was a pretty average lager, imo
I don't know the others, so have fun

it's not like I don't enjoy the average 12packs drinking while watching football with friends, but I started doing this at home alone after work and now instead of always buying packs I always end up finishing the evening I bought it after work, I just buy single beers I can enjoy coming home without being tempted to drink others because there are none

living near Belgium, in high school I downed so much of these along with Carapils when the money was running down I have hard times enjoying them now

now onto one of these, not bad but not great, middle of the road toronto brewery.

It's exactly what it says it is. Cheaper too.

Having one of these. A nice flowery ale. Quite hoppy too but not too much.

We took my brother to a small brewery for his bachelor party and they let him brew 30 liters of this himself (we paid them obviously).
10 days later when it came time to can the beer he brought these labels which he made himself. He says it's from Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'm a few seasons behind on that show so I haven't watched the episode it's from.

I think it's in the 7-7.5% vol. range but I'm going by taste on this. They told us of course but I've forgot.

Drinking an old Cranberry Lambic from New Glarus, its very good

>that pour
Kek

I need some New Glarus . . . need it . . . must drive to WI

fuck off

we're full

I'm not staying in your shitty state.

tried a few new ones last night, they were all good:
stone & wood the gatherer 2018 (american wheat beer - aus)
lindemans pecheresse (peach lambic - belgian)
weisser hirsch allgauer weizen (pale hefeweizen - german)
brussels beer project juice junkie (neipa - belgian)
got some more i'm looking forward to trying tonight

keeping safe? about 40ish individual bombers and 750s stored, a couple 750s of Virtue cider in the fridge, and random 12s and cans strewn about. still holding on to my 2016 backwoods bastard, as it has a higher ABV by mistake.

That's what I said. Now I'm looking at stupid houses out there

Molten cheese, carbonated.

it's pretty terrible

I opened a 5 Liter mini keg of Paulaner but I couldn't finish it. So I pushed the tap back into the keg and just stored it. Is this ok or am I ruining the carbonation? How long is this gonna last me?
>tfw no friends to share it with ;_;

It's not going to go flat overnight. You probably have a few days.

Sauce: my ass.

I WANT YOU TO GET OUT THERE AND MAN UP TO THAT KEG BOY!

I'm not sure about that since I lifted the air seal and I don't know if closing it really reseals it tightly enough to keep the gas from escaping.

I'm considering this too. It's just that I'll feel so pathetic afterwards because it's a testament to my loneliness.

no really though do not do that. i dont recommend it. im lonely to as well

>I'm not sure about that since I lifted the air seal and I don't know if closing it really reseals it tightly enough to keep the gas from escaping.
Surely you can finish it off tomorrow right?

Just tried a Bellhaven Scottish ale. Def. drink cold and poured into a glass. Very good.

Usually don't do IPAs but this was good

If you're American you won't waste much money. I'd rather look a bit like a fool and live a good life than being a Chad who tortures himself everyday and dies in agony.

drink up. Don't be a soyyie.

Japanese beer is amazing with Japanese food, but by itself is pretty meh. That said idk why you would hate on Kirin instead of Asahi which is worst girl

But it's fun trying out new beers with friends. Besides my town has something like 8 breweries so it's hard to avoid unless you're a complete NEET.

Can someone suggest some really NON-hoppy beers, beers that are more "normal" tasting but still have ABV?

like stouts? or like malty scotch ales? or just simple lagers?

Pic related, drank this with my buddies last night. Mostly local stouts and ambers but we threw in a few lighter ones and an IPA for variety.

Was quite good, all in all. Hoping to go again soon.

Minnesota people
Is Fair State Brewing good?
Should I care about them launching in Milwaukee in a couple weeks?

>Japanese beer is amazing with Japanese food,
cringe. It's just a fucking adjunct lager m8.

>Beer has more phytoestrogens than soy
/pol/ BTFO

Basically malt liquor or ice beer. Adjunct lager taste with higher abv

I'm drinking absolute PISS.
Cheap nasty piss lager.

Is retarded beer okay to drink?

Their roselle and giants bane are both awesome. Their ipa is alright. Haven't tried the pils or Vienna lager

Should I drink them all tonight?

4 beers?
Sure

Alright /beer/ time to laugh at me.
This is a special release from New Belgium, even moreso than their usual Lips of Faith series. It takes their La Folie American Wild ale and add Geisha coffee beans to the brew.

It's now easily the most expensive beer I've purchased at $50 a bottle

Well how does it taste?

Is Geisha coffee like particularly interesting coffee, or just some arbitrary coffee type?

why do you pay so much for beer, are you rich
if not that's an absurd waste of money

people spend more on worse wines all the time

yeah and that's the price range for wine m8, i could get a good bottle of beer for less than 20 for sure

if you drink beer like you drink wine thats fine though, just seems a bit absurd

currently chilling. Will report back soon witha pic of it poured in a glass.

It seems to be this Central American coffee bean that(according to an article) if brew right it's a very pleasent coffee that feels like an earl grey tea. Also it's very expensive(no prices were given) and the article even goes as far as to say it still isn't appreciated by the typical coffee drinker. A real hipster take.

I mean I've never spent that much on a beer, but if I were particularly excited for one I might. Most I have spent was $25 for CBS which was totally worth it

I'm not the guy who bought the beer, but splurging occasionally on a hobby isn't unusual. Spending $50 on a beer, $150 on an action figure, $100 on a rare book... it's all the same.

Just had one of these bad boys, one of my favorite brown ales. I tried it in Chicago a year ago and now they're distributing in MN so I can get it whenever

This is generally my rule, I have a couple once-yearly releases that are $20-$25 that I'll grab, otherwise I don't splurge that much.

Looks like you're already two in, if you aren't stopping there you're gonna finish them

Yeah, they're quite good. Their line of sour releases are a bit pricey but good, Vienna Lager and IPA are solid, and Roselle is absolutely great. Pils is pretty boring but I use it in cooking sometimes--think it might be getting phased out for Vienna Lager though, it's not on the "canned" section of their website anymore.

Sapporo is worst girl, Asahi is at least decent

Been meaning to try this, Fulton really can't do any wrong. Except maybe sweet child

Moa dry hopped pilsner
breddy gud

Drinking a homebrew imperial IPA.
Anyone else get into a bit of home-brewing?

I liked their imperial stout when I visited NZ

My local supermarket just got my favorite in stock, so I've been drinking that periodically along with Great Divide's Yeti if I make a quick pitstop at Total Wine on the way home from work. I'm pretty fond of Imperial stouts if you haven't guessed already.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS BAIT

Fuck I want that

The only doppelbock beer thats good so far

Salvator is good, try Andechser if you can find it, even better. I know what I'm talking about, I'm from Munich.

Celebrator still holds that honor for me, so good

Was recently in Flanders (northern France) and Ghent and drunk a lot of Trappist beers like pic related. They're high alcohol content but they're meant to be a replacement for wine with a meal. Definitely not session beers. The cuisine is based around quite mature cheeses and fries so these floral beers cut right through all that heaviness.

are they, dare i say it, /ourbrewery/?

drink it like a man trips

Alright I invited some friends over this weekend. I hope it lasts a week. But moreso I hope they show up.

Kind of gay desu

The goat of beers

>here's something super experimental, that you'll have no idea if you'll like it or not that we just announced and released 5 seconds ago
>lol you have to buy a 4 pack for 20$
i like CA but fucking hell

Samuel Adams variety packs are my go to. Drink in good health fren.

wouldn't bock be the goat of all beers hahah get it? because bock has goats on it, like goat the aminal not goat like greatest in all time XD

This shit is comfy on a cold day.

That stuff is delicious. I just kegged a homebrew clone of it this morning.

>tfw love really hoppy IPAs
>they give me fruity screaming diarrhea
Suffering

yum

collective arts is actually gargbage. when the entire schtick of your brewery is selling the beer based on rotating can art instead of the product itself then you can tell it's shit.

Got 2 vanilla porters in my fridge ive been meaning to take and drink with my friends when we grab our weekly haul but i keep forgetting. Might just drink em tommorow

How do I learn to like beer

In Anchorage, AK on business, picked up an Arkose Brewery - Amber Earth ESB (just finishing) and a 49th State Brewing Co - 907 Frontier Style Lager

Keep trying different styles till you find something you like
Who cares if it's something like ciders or lambics (fruity stuff) or lagers (light, easy drinking stuff) it helps to build a bass then branch out as your senses develop and I say senses cuz drinking beer is an experience when you take everything in also I suggest picking up The Beer Bible ~$15 on Amazon and read that

Orion>Kirin>Sapporo>Asahi>>>>>>Yepissu

based

Pretty much.

Not sure, need to make a decision

I have a full collection of Belgian beer glasses too it’s become a bit of an obsession for me really

Currently sitting on these til next week

1/3

2/3

3/3

Trying my second Sour. This one from New Belgium. It's better than Victory's, but I'm still not a fan. I've also got a mediocre Porter and one bottle of Sam Adams BL left. I also bought an Extra IPA from Sierra Nevada, but I already know I'll enjoy that.
Kirin Ichiban is poison. Only beer I've ever dumped down a drain. Made me fucking gag.

Because its cheap my dudes

Finally got my hands on Westvleteren 12 because of Belgiumfriend.

Included a Westmalle glass for me too, oh lawdy

F

ah yes, alcohol and firearms, what could go wrong

Brought 2 4 packs of these back from lost forty in little rock, they got great reviews but taste too syrupy and leave a thick malty aftertaste that I don't like. Anyone tried these or any of their stuff?

This shit is actually pretty good

with tobacco it would be even better

Bar had a couple bottles of this on special. Gave it a shot having never tried a quad before.

Holy shit. I am in love.

Try diffetent ones until you find one you like

Should add that I had it with a cut of beef roast, and this is the first time I've ever felt that a beer held up and paired well with one. People always say porters and stouts compliment beef, but I've never found that to be true, imo the roastiness clashes too much. This, though, the caramel and warm booziness + hearty beef was just divine.