Over-Tipping

What are the benefits of becoming a regular and over-tipping (say 30%+) each visit?

None.

Becoming friendlier with the staff than the average customer. The only place I'd consider myself a "regular" is a bar where I'm actually friends with the staff, as in we hang out outside of the bar. I usually do tip them better than I would at other bars, but they also slide me free drinks every once in a while.

there is no benefit to tipping them anything. you are literally cucking yourself. roasties make well over $100 a night when they sign up for a minimum wage job.
>if you don't tip, they get paid less than minimum wage!
Wrong. Owners are required to report tips to the paycheck system to lower the rate that these roastie cunts are paid. If their tips are less than minimum wage, they will receive x hourly rate to make up for it. Otherwise, the check is printed at an hourly rate of 0.00.

Literally nothing. If you over tip, all it means is that they will expect you to over tip every time. That's it. It's like feeding squirrels bread out your back door.. There is no benefit other than the squirrels will be there expecting the same amount of bread.

This.

>but sometimes they give me free food because I'm such a good goy!

It's not free if you pay an extra 15% more than what you would normally pay, multiple times.

Also, as a side note to what I've already posted here I'd like to add that the girl in that picture is cute, looks very happy, and I hope she had a nice evening.

Best servers will get to you fast. If they like you everyone might just as well give your their employee discount. Free drinks/food when they can.

Mainly I would consider it for a business place. So a regular nice french place you might take business associates it's worth it to tip well and be polite. That way when you walk in they get to you fast, treat you like a king, and that kinda shit lowkey helps you in deals.

Plus if you're just a regular but an asshole and never tip then you'll only get the newer shitty servers bothering with you and shit's annoying.

You don't have to over-tip to be a well liked regular. You just have to not be a shitty person to the staff.

credit card debt and or an empty bank account

>that kinda shit lowkey helps you in deals.
>lowkey
fuck off you normalfag chink
>Best servers will get to you fast. If they like you everyone might just as well give your their employee discount. Free drinks/food when they can.
refer to what said
and servers base their service on how overloaded they are, not by how much you tip

If they have some attractive waitresses and some average looking waitresses, overtip the averages and normaltip the attractive ones. After a while they'll start to notice the disparity and the averages will be flattered by the unusual attention and start to crave your cock.

I've never seen an advantage to this in restaurants unless it is a trendy place where service is spotty and you're trying to impress someone (your date). It's way more useful to you to be a regular at a bar and over tip as they will give you free drinks all the time, not that it isn't cheaper to drink at home

When a server doesn't know you yeah it's based on how loaded they are. But if they know you're a non-tipper vs the other regular that does tip they're gonna go help the money first and best.

And I'm sorry no one taught you that basic yuppie trick but yeah if you wanna have a quick regular restaurant in you pocket pick out your favorite nice one. Go there semi regularly and tip well and be polite. Then if you're ever stressed for a date or in need of a nice place to take someone to talk business out you can just go in, no reservations on a busy night, get seated and taken care of well and all because you built up that previous reputation.

Or don't. I could give a fuck. I'm just pointing out the benefit. Negative is yeah slightly less money for you but christ at most it's what? an extra $10?

I mean the only point to eating out at a restaurant is the atmosphere and service. Otherwise I could just cook at home for far cheaper.

>And I'm sorry no one taught you that basic yuppie trick but yeah if you wanna have a quick regular restaurant in you pocket pick out your favorite nice one. Go there semi regularly and tip well and be polite. Then if you're ever stressed for a date or in need of a nice place to take someone to talk business out you can just go in, no reservations on a busy night, get seated and taken care of well and all because you built up that previous reputation.
try this anywhere other than your flyover shithole and no one will give you the time of day. no one gives a shit.
now get out of here reddit spacing queer

I had a coworker who moved into an apartment on the same block as a bar. The first night there, he went and sat at the bar and tipped the bartender $50 and said he would be coming there often. Was this dumb?

I would do this at a bar I went to regularly and I would get my bill cut in half.

Yes. Even if he gave a normal tip and said he would be coming there often he would be dumb. What an absolute fop.

The fuck? I only live in cities. This shit works specifically best in nice restaurants.

You don't even have an argument you cheap jew. Bet you cry discrimination every time the server ignores you.

Cute waitresses will draw a smiley face on your bill and maybe wink at you. Worth it, imo.

>What are the benefits of becoming a regular
These should be self evident. The staff will know you and if you aren't an ass they'll do what they can to make your visit better. Small example, I was a regular at a burrito place for like 5 years, the staff all knew me, liked me and knew what I usually ordered. If they weren't swamped they'd make my order when they saw me get in line, and then have it ready when i got to the cashier. Not a big deal, but it did save me like 5min on my lunch hour.
>over-tipping
Not really needed. I've never done it, and I still get really good service at places where they know me. Just be a good tipper (like 20%), and more importantly, be a decent or even nice person for them to deal with. Remember they deal with a large number of assholes everyday, so it doesn't take much if you are at a minimum civil.

Yes, he could have accomplished the same thing with a handshake instead of a $50 bill.
If the staff knows you because you're cool person they'll treat you like a friend. If the staff knows you because you throw money around they'll treat you like a gullible mark.
Because you are one.

>Becoming friendlier with the staff than the average customer.
Paying people to be obsequious is pathetic . Why would this be a benefit?

>I only live in cities.
>cities
sure you do Cletus, sure you do.

With the right bartender it can help. At a restaurant? None.

>anyone who lives outside a faggy city is a redneck
Guess who grows your shitty avocados and organic quinoa.

>The Virgin Overtippers
I'll never tipped above $2

>Beta faggot

I hate cityfags so fucking much, It's like they ate paint chips growing up.

making the depressed service staff feel slightly better about their miserable lives

I used to work retail, even if service industry worked are pieces of shit, the suffering of dealing with customers outweighs that IMO

>The virgin restaurant frequenter vs. the chad chef.

Over-tipping or slipping the hostess a bribe are what betas do to fell important somewhere, but really they're just getting milked by the staff.
If you regularly visit a place, learn the staff's names and aren't an asshole you'll be treated like royalty without having to spend one penny more than some rando that's never been there before.

Don't feel bad or sorry for them they are drug addict, single mother, faggot, children that whine and complain about having to work. I worked in the food service industry for 7 years, never again.

I know but some of them, even if it's just a small amount are good people and I wouldn't overtip anyone that was obviously a piece of trash. money's not a problem for me anymore and I used to be in their shoes many years ago, so I don't mind giving back.

yeah but
If I go out to an unfamiliar and crowded place I will tip 10-20 dollars right off the bat, which ensures you will be taken care of instead of being part of the great unwashed. Partying at bars is expensive but if you do it right it will get you laid

My life has hardened me too much, I say fuck 'em.

I do this all the time because I have more $$ than I really know what to do with. The cute waitresses start to trip over themselves to get your table when you come in and yeah you often get free stuff.

that's fair user. I guess I do it to try to convince myself I'm a good person deep down. also because of this

Nothing
You're not getting free stuff, you're just pre-paying

only overtip when someone goes beyond what is expected of them or when you do something to fuck their day up (baby barfs, friend barfs etc). Overtip when you are friends with a server or your friend owns the place. and if you are famous. Those are the only time you over tip.

Actually yes.
I always start at 20% and remove 1% for any of the following events happening during service

>The Server brings out an incorrect order
>The Server asks me if I am sure I only want water
>The Server does not maintain eye contact with me within 10 feet of the table
>The Server does not mention the hard work of the kitchen team during service
>The Server brings food that is cold or not to my liking
>The Server tries to 'recommend' food to me without being instructed as such
>The Server moves or touches my cutlery or sauces
>The Server puts my plate down too forcefully
>The Server speaks in a fast tone of voice
>The Server replaces another server mid service and DOES NOT acknowledge the change
>The Server allows their fingernails to touch my food
>The Server has disorganised hair
>The Server has any inch of their shirt untucked
>The Server refers to themselves by their first name
>The Server asks my name
>The Server does not maintain a straight line when walking to and from my table
>The Server comments on my sitting position (I like to sit with 90% of my backside 'hovering' over the seat)
>The Server makes any mention of a tip during service
>The Server spends less than 80% of the time spent serving me without a smile
>The Server cannot answer my questions even if they are about items such as the type of wood the table is made from
>The Server has overly wrinkled skin on the joints of their fingers
>The Server has overly fat fingers
>The Server has visible acne
>The Server has any noticeable social anxiety
>The Server brings me my bill before I am at least 96% of the way done with my food
>The Server approaches me during my meal outside of the range of 3-5 times
>The Server does not launch into action upon any complaint
>The Server cannot point me to a toilet within 5 seconds
>The Server does any of the above when I watch them serve other tables

I will not accept sub par service.

I can tell you’re the kind of person who considers themselves cleaver, but the tips go to the server and not the restaurant.

Being a regular :
You get to know people
>Feel good man.jpg
Over-Tipping ??:
The staff will enjoy your money, if that's a benefit for you.....

Guess that's the difference between i've-suffered-and-now-hate-to-see-others-suffer-the-same vs i've-suffered-so-should-everyone-else

Do you eat your tendies there or do you bring them home first?

>The Server does not maintain a straight line when walking to and from my table

You want to tip someone, tip the goddamn cooks. Those fucks back there get paid dick while servers can, in a good shift or two,make a line cook's weeks wages. Fuck you greedy faggots

So what? If everybody was "alpha" the word wouldn't mean anything.

And if you look at other primate cultures, the betas are the ones who provide a sneaky insemination on occasion and then scurry back to the fringe. The alpha has to continue looking after all the women and children.

She looks sweet :>

they can also make less in a bad shift or two

>over tip by $20 every night
>every once in awhile they give me a free $2 beer
>thinks they're your friends
>they would stop hanging out with you if you stopped overtipping

>Partying at bars is expensive but if you do it right it will get you laid

There are much easier and less expensive and less soul sucking ways to get laid.

She’s a 6

So out of your league then?

You forgot
>Server touches me when presenting the check

There was so meme study done like 20 years ago that showed people tip more if their server touches them while handing over the check. People actually do this.

It really depends on the place and it's culture. if they have to write down their "comps" and only get a couple per night, probably not gonna help you much: those comps will be hoarded for bf/gf, people they are attracted to, or established friends.
If it's a dive bar or family place where the culture is more permissive, then it's pretty worth it. They'll set up rounds of shots , sling you free apps, all sorts of shit.
If you want to make friends with barstaff, instead of over tipping, trying buying shots to do with them. It's about as expensive as tipping thirty but establishes a friendship. Again, dependent on the place, corporate spots aren't going to let staff do shots with clients.

No wonder they keep invading my personal space. It always makes me feel upset and it's months before I feel safe enough to go back to the same place.