Cooking Channel

What's stopping you from starting your own YouTube cooking channel?

Intelligence. YouTube channels are for the hoot and holler types. Attention seekers who are overly emotional about everything.

I don't have a good camera or microphone, don't have anyone I'd be willing to ask to operate the camera, and I have no idea how to create a Youtube channel or upload content, let alone shill my shit on my nonexistent social media. Otherwise I've thought about it time and again.

The realization that Alton Brown and Chef John have done / are doing it better than I could. I'm not some attention whore, so I recommend others watch Good Eats / Food Wishes.

motivation

>YouTube channels are for the hoot and holler types. Attention seekers who are overly emotional about everything.

I'm neurodivergent. There is this guy on YouTube who uploads primitive crafts videos to his channel. He never speaks, or even looks at the camera. It seems to be popular among neurotypicals, I wonder if the same could be done for a cooking channel?

I don't know how to cook.

>neurodivergent
here's your (you)

I'm on the border of suicide.

I don't crave unnecessary amounts of attention or validation.

Because I've actually worked in video production and know what a colossal time sink shooting and editing even a 5-10 minute video is and I'm not going to do that in the rare hope that some ad scheme revenue will trickle in.

Because I don't feel like editing videos, repeating steps when I fuck up, or trying to find out what people want to see.

They just do a billion clumsy jump cuts and nobody seems to mind.

I don't like hearing my voice or seeing my face so why would I broadcast them to others?

doing something that isn't a waste of fucking time is a big one.

I don't know how to edit videos good enough. I also naturally cuss too much. I also don't want to subject myself to the overtly negative trolls that seem to be the internet majority.

> It seems to be popular among neurotypicals
This has to be bait. Primitive Technology has millions of subscribers, you aren't special for liking him.

Was it the use of the words “neurodivergent” and “neurotypical” that clued you in?

That is exactly what he said

i'm special and you can't change that

i have better things to do
[spoiler]like shitpost[\spoiler]

you didn't even spoiler right and spoilers are disabled on this board. fucking awful display, mate.

I'm gonna be honest. I don't know enough about cooking to make a show. If I made a show, I'd want to cover all these variations of the dish and why I cook one way over another. Like how to make soft chewie cookies vs crunchy cookies by adding this or that or beating the butter differently or whatever. But I just follow recipes like a brainlet.

Plus I'd need someone to hold the camera.

good eye, m8 XD

>Primitive Technology
imo one of the best channels on youtube. I don't watch videos for that "youtube personality" bullshit. Just 100% pure content. As a bonus, if you turn on the subtitles it shows notes on what he's doing.

The fact that I can offer nothing different to the tens of thousands of other cooking channels out there

im shy

the AlmazanKitchen channel is like this. all cook. no talk.

I'm not a good cook

I gave up on making a cookalong thread because I found it annoying having to take pics at each step of the process. No way I'm putting in youtube video levels of effort.

i prefer everyone else to suffer with their mediocre cooking. That is why.

Skill, I just started cooking so I don't think I'd be ready for a while. Also,I tend to stutter or I kind of drift off in thoughts so I would at least need to make somewhat of an outline of what I'm going to talk about, but I'm not too socially awkward in front of the camera. I also don't have money for equipment needed to film (mic and camera). I think when I get better, I'm just going to start an IG account and post pictures of what I cook instead. If that gets much of a following, I think I'll build from there and create a YouTube channel.

If I were to start a YouTube channel, I would need to do something that would make me stand out from the crowd more. I don't want to be another hipster foodie with a cooking channel. I think I would incorporate some science into my channel. Maybe do some hiking and foraging, and making food in the wild, or some shit like that. Maybe put some beekeeping stuff in there once I start that hobby.

That doesn't stop most YouTubers.

The fact that I can't cook.

If you are not an attractive female, you're going to need a pretty good pleasant sounding voice for a male, instead.

Because I actually want to make a channel about road tripping in beater cars, but I can't convince myself that it would be interesting enough for anybody to watch.

Fuck that, I'd rather watch some dumb fuckjng stuttering autist than some beekeeping woodsman who thinks he knows everything.

I can't cook, and no one wants to watch a fat man bake desserts in a shitty countertop toaster oven

Too much competition.

I wouldn't try to pretend I know everything. In fact, my audience would be learning along with me. Of course, I'll probably end up dead once I inevitably eat some bad mushrooms like an idiot. I'm sure there would be enough people who would watch my channel just to see if I end up sick or dead.

But seriously though, the foraging and beekeeping would just be a small part of my channel. Most of it will be me trying to teach some of the science behind cooking. I've got a copy of Modernist Cuisine which has a lot of useful information I can use as a starting point.

I'd watch it. That's kind of the premise of Roadkill for a couple of their episodes. They buy a junk car and try to fix it up and drive it back to their HQ in California, or to some random event. It's really interesting and I'm sure other car enthusiasts would enjoy it too.

Shit, look at the old new Top Gear with Clarkson, Hammond, and May. Their best episodes were the ones where they drove across the country in crappy cars, doing random challenges. That shit was scripted of course, but it's still an interesting premise none the less.

No one who watches youtube wants to learn. Make an idiot of your Self for views

Yeah but I don't have a camera crew to follow me around and my beaters are never classic or interesting, they're just shitty old cars.

Because I don't crave attention from strangers

I can't, HowToBasic already has my targeted audience

I watch shit on YouTube to learn, but then again, I'm not a neurotypical normie.