How do you make an omelette?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9B22Ii7-eE
i.4cdn.org/ck/1518971457760.webm
youtu.be/8EzjcpCIaiw
youtu.be/s10etP1p2bU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9B22Ii7-eE

Whisk and season 3 eggs, add butter to non stick pan, add eggs when butter melted, turn heat down to low and immediately begin whisking/moving eggs around pan to create scrambled egg consistency, while still able to keep omelette in one piece. When almost too hard to keep it in one piece, stop whisking and turn heat down to almost zero. When liquid egg is 90% gone from surface, curl omelette over itself in pan, then put on plate. Add sugar if in America.

>how do you make an omelet
I make mine like your picture except exactly the opposite. That is a good example of a bad omelet and were it served to me in a restaurant it would be sent back.

nobody adds sugar to omelettes in america
we add things like ham or spinach

Sugared spinach and ham with maple syrup no doubt

We use stevia

t. soyboy

With cheese in a stainless steel pan, fuck teflon.

i sit humpty dumpty up on a wall and wait.

if by sugar you mean corn syrup, maybe

did you urinate on this omelette

This is a proper omelet, difficult to find in the US.

Few Mexican breakfast cooks have been trained to use classic French techniques.
Most are satisfied if they can get cold food to a pan then hot food to a plate.

I make a covered omelette. Wisk the eggs and milk, add chunks of cheddar, oil the pan, pour and cover at a low heat. It bubbles through the egg like making rice. You end up with a fluffier than quiche style omelet you can fold over.

>milk

With sometimes cheese, sometimes ham, sometimes onion, sometimes all above innit.

I prefer Denver omelettes

yeah, you use 2 tbsp of milk to make it fluffy. Stop being a child.

Cooking it the normal way results in a very fluffy omelette. You just have to stir really quickly.

I do wonder about the milk, too. In scrambled eggs it causes liquid to separate and has excessively damp results. Does the same thing not happen with your omelette?

no because I don't do a french omelet. I do a.. well a baked omelet. Fuck I actually do both but I make this quiche like omelet that is a whipped base with milk and cheese, put into a buttered heated pan, covered at medium low and it bubbles because there's more moisture in it than normal. It ends up being about an inch tall in a fry pan and it's light as hell. So, not a french omelet. But it's fucking awesome.

for me its the rollie omelette. the best way to cook omelette

I've been working on my French omelettes. I've made hundreds of them in the past year. 75% of them are textbook now (almond-shaped, small and creamy soft-set curd, no browning). I just adopted a new speed trick. I beat the eggs with spices/herbs first, and then only at the last second before I pour them in the pan do I whisk in a little salt. Apparently the salt makes the whites take longer to incorporate. Nobody ever taught me this. One day I forgot to add salt and everything got faster. Durr.

That's butter - you know, the stuff your mommy doesn't let you eat.

>Begin by cutting one piece of bacon into tiny chunks
>Pan fry bacon until barely done enough to be called done
>remove bacon and let it rest, drain pan
>add shredded potato to pan
>add sausage & diced onion
>add diced bell pepper
>cook til sausage is done
>move from pan
>add butter or some oil, spray on it preferred?
>whisk 2 eggs and add to pan
>let it simmer on low heat for a moment
>add everything you cooked previously on top of eggs
>fold eggs over
>cook until eggs are firm
>add salt & pepper to taste
Strangely enough I succeed in making it taste bland.

Make scrambled eggs with a skin.

With one of these
i.4cdn.org/ck/1518971457760.webm

Conjures up horrifying images of gastrointestinal hospital wards

youtu.be/8EzjcpCIaiw
youtu.be/s10etP1p2bU

Get a pan and heat it, crack open 3 eggs, mash them up a little while they cook, after a few minutes put it on a plate and fold it in half. One of the easiest meals you can do. Fucking cheap too, eggs are poorfag heaven.

looks disgusting
you're supposed to cook it in butter. it's not a sauce, billy-bob