Jamie Oliver

Is he going to be okay?

>Last week, court documents emerged showing Jamie’s Italian had debts of £71.5m

>The crisis at Jamie’s Italian has followed a series of business setbacks for Oliver, who by his own admission has “fucked up” 40% of his ventures and lost £90m of his wealth since 2014.

>In 2015, Oliver shut the last branch of Recipease, his chain of cookery shops. In 2017, he closed the last of his four British-themed Union Jacks restaurants. And in October his food magazine, Jamie, stopped publishing after almost 10 years.

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/feb/16/not-so-fresh-why-jamie-oliver-restaurants-lost-their-bite

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/feb/19/jamie-olivers-barbecoa-restaurants-go-into-administration
theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/19/meat-supplier-russell-hume-collapses-loss-300-jobs
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04814000/filing-history
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can hardly care about a rich chef suddenly becoming less rich (poorer would just be inappropriate as he probably still rakes in millions)

I hope so. Live and learn. Best of luck to the guy and his family

How many million did he spend with michelle obama to fuck up U.S. school lunches

Daily reminder: Red states contracting out to the same corporations supplying prisons is why you get pig slop for school lunches.

I guess you could say it was all that... Oliver Oil.

this isn't pukka
this isn't pukka at all

and nothing of value was lost
assuming his surplus olive oil can be returned to the supplier

I liked his campaign to push healthy eating for kids. But he is still a cunt.

He seems like such a nice person. I legitimately don't understand all the hatred he gets

I feel bad for him. He had a simple message and an honorable passion early in his career. He blew up right at the nascence of social media marketing and I'm sure the shithole he's falling into now is the result of being pushed to do things he wasn't knowledgeable about or ready for.

In the end, while his finances are questionable and his business savvy is obviously not up to par, I think his message is a good one and he can recover from this. He's still young, entrepreneurial, and he has a fantastic reputation in the industry.

His YouTube channel sucks dick now, though. Shame. Genarro and Donal will have to pick up the pieces.

he's a bourgeoisie lefty like gary lineker.

Daily reminder: bleeding hearts demanding that school lunch be designed down to a price point so they can give it away for free to future criminals and drug addicts is why they contract to those corporations.

Why were court documents like this made public?

That's unironically, a good question.

Happens all the time. Some PA will get the documents during discovery and make some quick cash by leaking it.

Obviously there will be some arrangements regarding what his personal exposure is and that the company's debts largely go down with the company itself. Also his restaurants are trash.

Jamie's Italian is one of the few restaurants I've really not enjoyed.

Could be worse.

Also can someone explain how Celebrity Chef-owned chains work? Do they just formulate the menu and recipes themselves and pay others to make them at different locations? Do the franchise branch heads all have to be personally trained by the Celebrity Chef? How much freedom do they have to customize anything?

He comes across as a bit of a prick but his heart's in the right place.

Visited his restaurant in Amsterdam, 6 people in it, weird atmosphere, bad location, overpriced. Food was mediocre at best.

Petal Blossom Rainbow has got to be the worse one. At least the others have (almost) proper names,
>Poppy/Rosie
>Daisy/Pamela
>Maurice (tfw old man name)
>Dallas
And hers is just a mess of abstract nouns.

>t. antifa

how many splashes of olive oil is this?

One.

Mom gave me a cookbook of his for christmas, was pretty skeptical but it's suprisingly good.
Not really stuff you'd need a cookbook for tho, but I'm not really the creative type and it has some nice quick and easy recipes.

good

Capitalism is the only reason you able to sit alone in your room being angry at people more successful than you. It's not the reason that you are.

His restaurant chain are all franchises.
He has no personal financial exposure to them, he’s simply endorsing the franchises with his name/ brand.
If you wanted to start one you need a minimum of one million GBP in available funds so the 71.5 million is actually secure debt.
A bit of a non story really considering it’s a relatively young brand, all startups incurr debt early on.

I'm still a fan, but I think he bit off way more than he could chew. Expanded too much, lost focus, etc. And old story, but it's more or less what happened. He is stretched so thin the last couple of books wasnt even written by him.

same Oops, pressed submit too early.
Anyway, about the latest cookbooks, they don't really have any "soul", or rather, passion, and feel more like obligations.
I really hope he comes around, heck there is a reason why Ramsay haven't expanded his business as Jamie Oliver has.

better stock up on wooden paddles before they're all gone.

kek

look at that absolute dismal attempt at smiling

>shit chain restaurants are closing

Nothing of value is lost. Also his Recipease shops were absolutely atrocious, dunno what he was thinking when it was mostly really basic ingredients but massively overpriced.

Ramsay also almost went bankrupt several years ago but managed to dig himself out of it and is doing fine now. It was during the recession though so don't know what Oliver's excuse is.

daily reminder the recession never ended

Based. Nobody is going to give them shit for it since they're rich and semi famous.

Ramsay fucked around on his wife and paid a hefty fine for doing so later

>Petal Blossom Rainbow

I have a female cousin called rainbow as her first name, she's 28 now, at least she could blame her parents being hippies, no excuse for oliver fucking his kids up now though

didn't he go to some hooker? I think it should be perfectly legal practice for the man to visit a hooker once in a while.
Can't stick it to the same chick forever, doesn't work.

>didn't he go to some hooker?

yep, a male. supposedly going on for years.

fudge, nice and packed

was he the top? Or at least powerbottom?

It's called karma for getting rid of turkey twizzlers REEEEEE

Well that's what happens when your monthly expenses for olive oil exceed your yearly income

>just a drizzle

I lol'd

no idea, bet he gave him a real beef wellington

I'm chinese.

sorry to hear that

his point still stands since it was Capitalism that pulled china out of the disaster Comrade Mao caused with the great leap forward.

If you think China is actual communism your off the plot

Oliver won't "leak" a full frontal nudity image of his self.

He has very little invested in it besides his name, maybe 3 million. His fortune will be fine

>'N' JUST A SPLASH OF OLI' OIL

>"Wet Floor"

I bet that it smelled amazing in that store. I can't imagine how they cleaned that up. They'd need to call BP oil for those absorbent thingies by a truckload.

China is literally
>it's not real capitalism, hehe ;)

>muh tendies
God forbid you lards actually eat something healthy.

Foodbusker and Akis are my favorites.

His ideal woman.

His other chain just went into administration:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/feb/19/jamie-olivers-barbecoa-restaurants-go-into-administration

Fuck Jamie Oliver. I'll never forgive him for his interference in other people's diets and the withdrawal of turkey twizzlers.

Thanks to him we now have food treated the same way as cocaine. 2l coke bottles have been reduced to 1.75l. Lucozade and Irn Bru no longer contain as much sugar. And what's his problem with forced meat (ie pate)?

I hope the fucktard kills himself, his wife dies of grief and his children are taken into care where they're force fed chicken nuggets day in, day out for the next decade.

It's clear from this post that the general population needs to be kept in check, turkey twizlers are part of that

If I want to gorge myself on mechanically recovered turkey I will and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. This is why we the ordinary people voted for Brexit. We've had enough of being told what to do.

How the hell do you go into that much debt?

I'd say kill yourself, but youre already well on your way in doing that already.

£71m debt is huge debt for a franchise business with a simple and stable supply chain. The business is fucked.

>Jamie Oliver restaurant group
>stable supply chain

theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/19/meat-supplier-russell-hume-collapses-loss-300-jobs

oh fuck my sides

In all honesty that's an incredible book

>not written by him
That isn’t true. Cookbooks are generally collaborative efforts. He has dyslexia & ADHD, and so has and editorial team to help him condense his words properly and actually write out a recipe. He has a good testing team to make sure all the recipes are tested at least three times. He has a nutritional team to make sure everything is as balanced and nutritious as it can be. But at the end of the day, every single recipe is his call.

What do you think is incredible about it? To me is just seems less like cooking and more like assembling.

It's a limited you morons.
He'll be fine privately.

beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04814000/filing-history

What the fuck are you looking at you doss cunt?!

>a great book for students, due to the low level of skill and costs involved
>you can make a dish that looks fancier than it actually is in order to impress on a date
>provides a good introduction to the processes of cooking and flavour interaction

Sure the recipes aren't all ground-breaking, but it's found a niche that appeals to a wide audience. Plus, it shows people just how easy cooking is

Not the user you're replying to but this basically his schtick. He's annoying but his books and recipes are alright. Overall a positive influence imo.

Been to a few of his restaurants. They're never excellent and at best they're variable. As awful as they sound, the "italian nachos" are actually alright.

kek

This dogging is RAW!

i hate his teenage haircut. he always looked better with the shaggy mess he started with. he looks anemic with too little hair.

jamie is such a fucking soyfaggot cuck, just look at OP's pic for example. holy shit i'm glad this guy is getting btfo but he'll still be rich privately. in a few years some muzzies are gonna culturally enrich his daughters. fucking shitlib piece of trash.

his wife is aging badly

why does a company supplying food to large quantities of people in an institution bother you if they supply another large quantities of people in an institution? Sysco must blow your mind.

>having less oily shits and eating basic amount of vegetables and fruits is supposed to be “fuck up”
5 6

>White lady
>White BRITISH lady
>Aging badly

Shocker

>not sympathizing with every rich faggot ever makes you a commie

>Using your position of power as first lady to bully fat children and show disgust and contempt to them
There is a reason the classiest first lady since Jackie decided to make bullying her focus

>dude olive oil lmao

"Pizza is a vegetable - t. Queen Nigger

All named thusly due to the fact that his wife is a neurotic narcissist

You seem angry

This kind of shit is something that really lowers a man in my esteem. Dont take out your attention seeking and personal problems on your kids.

For a business worth 50-100m he should be constantly doing due diligence on the supply chain. There are service companies in the UK who do exactly this specifically for restaurant supply chains.

Spotted the fatty

>Genarro
i love that old fag

WHY DONT THEY HAVE EYES?

Beady brown mutt eyes

>this is what people actually believe so put up with the race to the bottom, crabs in a bucket mentality

Oh sweetie...

He's a mediocre chef, his restaurants were worse than that, he got exorbitantly wealthy off his horrible forced 'cockney' speech.

*I know he's from Essex

He's still worth >£100m so he can still fuck off