French bistrot

I work in French bistrot in Paris and I just want to share some pics with you

Poultry juice in progress : pic related

Wild boar with foie gras in strainer and mash parnship

Bourdaloue tarte

Almond cream and poached pear

Gravlax salmon marinade with beetroot and horseradish cream

Wild boar rack and buttered cabbage

Best thread on Veeky Forums at the moment, godspeed, user.

>foie gras in strainer

But who was strainer?

You have a mouse in your eating establishment.

looks good, frenchie. please continue

is your chicken juice made with boned chicken?

Last time I was in Paris it seemed like half of the restaurants I went to were featuring wild boar. Is that a trend right now (or 3-4 years ago)?

always wanted to order some boar meat. a bit fancy for me, but cool photos

Hate the black plates

If you live in Texas, boar is varmint status. You can hunt it year round without a permit..

I actually kind of like them, especially since each plate has something really bright on it for contrast. White plates are so boring.

It camouflages most of the food, I don't see a point unless you're trying to hide something.

i'd probably just order some "farmed" boar from d'artagnan, just want to try making a dish i have in one of their cookbooks. it's a kind of boar pot pie with jalapeno cornbread instead of pastry for the crust. i'd expect wild boar to be a little leaner and harder to work with, and you never really know what varmint are eating

>cornbread instead of pastry for the crust
genius, user

I'm no expert, but I doubt these wild boars are the same as javelinas. Javelinas taste god awful, if you've never had the misfortune of eating them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but domesticated pigs generally have a more herbivore diet, whereas wild javelinas are trash monkeys and will eat whatever the fuck.

They're also vicious as hell and will gore anything, especially dogs.

Last time I lived there, the local diet tended to be grubs, worms, lizards, snakes, and eggs (if they got lucky). The meat was tasty.

the ones you can hunt are the same thing. "domesticated pigs", ones kept by farms, are herbivores or else they'd get fat as fuck and die.

boars in the US are javelinas and are trash

yes, wild hogs in the USA are trash monkeys and their meat is good for nothing, except maybe dog food if you hate your dogs.

this stuff looks delicious even with that photo quality

The lighting is probably so dim in the dining room that the customers can't see the food much better than we can.

Strainer is the bag around guts

Chicken wings

We need meat for taste
And bones for collagen

Unlimited trend

>wild boar
>rare

yea enjoy dying

wild boar is fucking delicious. the loin is trash but the shoulders and ribs are exquisite. its like, if you could concentrate pork flavor into the meat. what youd think pork tasted like before it was bland and factory farmed.

take a bite into one of those knorr ham bouillon cubes.

Our friend

Our friend 2

the idea of a perfectly barbecued rack of boar ribs always makes me hungry. i'll get around to picking some up ribs and shoulders

how big is your work's fridge? we sometimes roast 2-3 whole pigs a year for an event, and they take up so much of our space (we keep them in a separate walk in fridge meant for deer offsite)

wastin all that good skin :(

Octopus and caramelized cauliflower mashed

I-is this dog OK?

Wild boar

as it gets warmer, dogs will shed their warm winter coats. don't worry

it's probably not like american wild boar, which is a nuisance, and just eats piles of random shit and tastes terrible.

You may like them, but you are wrong. White plates present everything better, except for white rice. Ditch the dark plates, they are fucking up your presentation.

Sounds like you live in the wrong part of america.

American wild boar are also known to have anthrax spores on them from time to time.

Yes plees

>being this retarded.

Ive had it and honestly I'm not a fan. Maybe I just have shit tastes but the baby back ribs from chili's was better

No but I wish