Whats the strangest ice cream flavor you've ever seen? A local shop in my town has avocado

Whats the strangest ice cream flavor you've ever seen? A local shop in my town has avocado

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NO8V72pDw1o
youtube.com/watch?v=W6nFVKfm-9E
azucaricecream.com/flavors.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Butter, literally.

That flaming cheetos milkshake

Avocado icecream seems nice. It's already really fatty so it should translate well into the dessert.
Now charcoal icecream seems weird to me.

Your mom's pussy juice.

Cheese. Asian frozen aisle, product of Philippines.

Pine needle in Austria near Hallstatt, shit tasted fucking delicious, came as a side to the meal and ended up ordering a shit ton, never tasted anything like it

Lobster ice cream. Like I get it the out of staters love lobster but do we really need to put it in ice cream?

what kind of cheese though?

now that you put it that way I guess it could work. I'll get a sample next time

This sounds fucking delicious.

Pine needles smell really good, I could see it working.

Cantaloupe ice cream. I used to work at a mom and pop ice cream place in New Jersey. Dude would literally puree cantaloupes to make the ice cream.
It was actually pretty good but I couldn't see myself finishing a full serving of it

I've had this in Vancouver too, and it tasted like you were eating the forest floor. There was absolutely zero sugar in the version I had.

extremely pleasant, it tasted like christmas

pic related is it, got it at a restaurant called steegwirt and I fucking hate it because I can't find anything even close to that good in the states

Had avocado ice cream before they used coconut milk in it. Wasn't that bad was very light and refreshing. Didn't have whole lot of flavor but was quite creamy when it warmed up.

also the whip cream was pine needle whip cream, not sure what the red things were, but just that shit makes me want to move to Austria, also had the best beer i've ever had

I bet pine needle ice cream with something like cranberries and almonds in it would be awesome

Avocado.
Garlic.
Both were gross.

Jellyfish.
Just go to the beach in Japan in the summer time. There's always an ice cream stand with 50+ flavors. They get off on exotic and whacky flavors, even if they don't taste very good.

well yeah its like those harry potter jellybeans, you make something weird/disgusting enough people are going to want to try it
pretty sure i've seen some travel show or something where someone made a literal shit flavored ice cream

youtube.com/watch?v=NO8V72pDw1o

ah there it is. I should have known it was nathan

I had a savory curry ice cream once which wasn't bad.

There's a shop here that regularly cycles through various beer and liquor flavors, as well as ones flavored with floral oils and such, and spicy ones with chili and cayenne. Not really that strange I guess, but might be to some.

There's also restaurant here that serves foie gras ice cream occasionally which is apparently very good, although I've never had the opportunity to try it.

>Whats the strangest ice cream flavor you've ever seen?

I got some Blue Moon ice cream at Cook’s Dairy Farm in Ortonville, MI last summer (after hearing about it on Veeky Forums) and I have to agree with others who have tried it; there is no way to describe the taste, it just tastes… blue.

ive heard avocado can be used as a base for dairy-free ice cream. sounds disgusting to be desu.

Avocado ice cream with lime zest.

Somehow never encountered avocado ice cream, but a good avocado shake from a Vietnamese place is amazing.

Fernet

Tamarind

Vanilla milkshake flavour.

poo flavor
youtube.com/watch?v=W6nFVKfm-9E

I live in the same block of Helaria Lares, an ice cream shop which makes exotic ice cream flavours like garlic, rum with raisings, etc.. Honestly my favorite is the coconut one.

are you saying rum raisin is an exotic flavor?

Tamarind ice cream is fucking great.

Fucking lobster
It was butter flavored ice cream with chunks of partially frozen lobster in it
only bad part about visting bar harbor desu

Ben and Bill's? I'm always amazed that people get so obsessed over Maine lobster when its really all just stuck up for tourists. Most people here don't even eat it very often

Icecream shop in my town had Green Curry flavor. Tasted exactly like cold green curry, even had peas and little bamboo shoots in it. Was good, but not really icecream-y.

thats the one, and i always figured they were hyped but gd i loved those lobster rolls

Bubble gum with real bubble gum pieces.

Do I chew that gum while eating the waffle cone?

My sister has a list of weird ice cream flavors she wants to make, probably the weirdest she's tried to make so far is honey mustard ice cream.

I made orange bell pepper ice cream as a gift for a friend recently. Everybody at the party wanted to try it. Although it was certainly strange, and everybody wasn't sure what to think about it, it was pretty good and a lot of people ended up liking it.

>Do I chew that gum while eating the waffle cone?
holy hell that sounds unpleasant
thats some nuts and gum kind of shit

That's not weird at all.
There's a mexican ice cream shop near me that's extremely popular because it makes things like Avocado and cheese ice cream. They also have things like Snickers, cinnamon toast crunch, Gansito, and every fruit you can think of and savory or sweet combo of that fruit they have a popsicle made out of it.
They have rice pudding pops and bubblegum and avocado pops and everything else you think is weird. They already did it and millions of people buy it around here. They close at 10pm at every location and it's always full. It's called La Michoacana look it up

This popular ice cream place in Portland called salt and straw makes pickle juice ice cream

There was this one ice cream shop I visited during a bike trip in the early 00s that I shit you not - had Dandelion ice cream.

This. Weird, but good too.

I don't know that it's all that strange, but there's a place near me that does tequila ice cream, and it is heavenly.

>Magnolia
Oh shit I love their lychee, I might try this.

Sweet corn at Mitchells in Cleveland. It was actually very good. It tasted like a very sweet corn bread minus all the grit.

Lemon, and cotton candy.

Both were awesome.

I had lobster in Maine. It was butter flavored with chunks of lobster meat.

>Lemon
>Bizzare flavor of ice cream

Yeah I was just coming into the thread to mention their poutine icecream. Or the mushroom one.

sauce

Avocado is popular in middle eastern smoothies. It's not a completely unique idea.

Weirdest flavor i've seen that I liked was Guinness.

Wasabi ice cream. Tried once in a Japanese restaurant. Never again.

The entire dandelion plant is edible - I shit you not.

Was on a study abroad to Iceland and Scandinivia over the summer, in Oslo me and two others went to this place that makes everything with beer including the ice cream I think, they make them new every day or week or something and had some unusual flavors.

The first was Bah Humbug, which was like a rice pudding, was actually pretty good, can't complain about that.

The second one was barbecue ice cream with bacon or candied bacon on top, it....wasn't terrible, but it wasn't exactly good either.

The last was pickle ice cream, I thought it might not be too terrible, but it was pretty bad, it was just an overwhelming sweet pickle flavor, if it was toned down a bit more and sour pickles instead it might have actually been good, but honestly I could barely eat a few bites of it.

DEATH
DEATH BY MY
>m a c h i n e g o d

I've made Guinness ice cream. It was ok.

I guess strange but not pure gimmick would be Pepper. Although the cold takes the heat away and brings out other flavor. So it's not what you would think.

Japan has Horse Sashimi flavour. Also crab.

Mint chocolate I tell you hwhat, god knows what those crazy people will come up with next!

i hd chili ice cream at a chili festival

There's a place in Vancouver with like 500 flavors. I can't remember what it was called but it had everything. Wasabi was interesting. White chocolate with cranberries was very delicate. Rice pudding was a personal favorite of mine. The tastes and texture was pleasant in my opinion. Toasted coconut is also absolutely fucking amazing. The worst I've ever had was gummy worm.... everything about it was wrong and tasted/looked nothing remotely close to a gummy worm.

I also had authentic green tea ice cream at a ramen shop in my hometown. Everything there is super legit Japanese; very little is actually in English there which is a pain but whatever, it's adventurous. Anywho their ice cream was amazing. It wasn't as sweet as other ice creams but had a very pleasant earthy taste. There was a slight gritty texture (macha powder maybe?) that was just barely detectable but otherwise very creamy and smooth. I'd like to go back there again but it's on the outskirts of the opposite side of town.

I like Queso Ice Cream, and there used to be a place in my hometown that served lemon ice cream- can't find anywhere else that serves anything like it.

I actually made that once. Man, I love that flavor. I've also used Frangelico to make a really nice hazelnut, but that isn't very odd.

Mozzarella

I have a local shop that makes their own, new flavors every week. Usually also at least one "savory" option like sour cream and chives. Wish I could recall more. They made horchata, chai, marscapone, earl gray, lavender (had it at 2 different shops in 2 different states, it's amazing), avocado, maple bacon, lots of obscure foreign fruits, matcha (god tier, they usually do it as vegan but idgaf if it's good), grapefruit, marshmallow, tiramisu, etc.

I want it.

Saw a shop in Florida that did alcoholic flavors. Rum was godly. Had whiskey, vodka, all sorts. Had to show an ID to get it and it was legit alcoholic.

Love it.

do actually do this?

Rosemary, and lavender

Yes

A friend made black pepper icecream once

It was basically just homemade vanilla with a bunch of black pepper crushed in it

Actually surprisingly good I liked it a lot

I had pimento cheese and hot sauce ice cream topped with crushed pork rinds last summer. It was surprisingly good. A bit odd getting a savory flavor instead of sweet, but once you got over that it was enjoyable.

>thinks vanilla bean ice cream is pepper

I bought chamomile ice cream once and it tasted a lot better than chamomile tea.

The only other odd ones I’ve had were taro and sweet potato

Earl Grey and Lavender (had that one at a lavender festival thing in Washington state) are both sublime. What type of obscure fruits do they use?

Earl Grey and Lavender is one of my favorites. It's a pretty popular flavor where I live, there's about 4 ice cream places in a 2 mile radius of me that sell it, and they have it in ice cream sandwich form at my local Safeway. But damn, it's tasty. Even my 12 year old nephew likes it. It's one of those perfect ice cream flavors.

Red bean ice cream. Very good. From a Thai place.

While taking a swim break at Blue Lagoon in Iceland, I noticed inside there was a small snack bar near some cozy looking solarium lounge chairs, so I bought a chocolate dipped ice cream bar from their cooler that was vanilla, with a thick gel-liquid black licorice (salted lakris) core that was AMAZING! Pic related, though not sure of the brand. Chocolate and black licorice goes so well together.

Miami Publix's serve tropical flavors from a local creamery that does a favorite Mamey ice cream, which is a weird paste-like aftertaste fruit, specifically intended for making milk shakes. Mamey milk shakes are refreshing.

There's an ice cream shop on Calle Ocho in Miami/Coral Gables area called Azucar. It's across from the historic Tower Theatre and Domino Park. They have creative cuban dessert flavors poured into ice cream that are all stellar. From platano maduro to tres leches to coconut flan to rum cake with walnuts to double turron, it's all pretty well done. I've had rotating flavors where guava pastries are simulated with chunks of cream cheese, maria cookies in the vanilla. HEAVENLY. If you make your own ice cream, steal some ideas from their menu.
azucaricecream.com/flavors.html

Indian restaurant I used to enjoy (now closed, *sniff*) used to have two wonderful frozen desserts from time to time per the chef's mother who made them. Frozen lychee sorbet was more like a granita, and was this icy chunky concoction with just enough sweetness. It's a common thing on Indian menus to have a homemade pistachio ice cream, pista kulfi, that is more like a frozen slush of cream and pistachios, not the eggy custard of regular ice cream. What really makes it special is a hint of cardamom, or sometimes saffron. Ask for it. They aren't likely to advertise it and keep it all for the best guests.

>sublime
literally heard you lick yout lips wildly while typing, fatty.

I had a really good lemongrass/spearmint flavoured one in Panama

I had some tomato ice cream at a tomato festival last summer, and it was fucking awesome. I also had tomato wine at the same festival, which was also fucking awesome.

In Pennsylvania, around Amish country, I noticed the ice cream parlors started to offer a peculiar flavor of ice cream: teaberry.
As I was visiting the area, I thought it best to at least try the strange-sounding thing.
Teabeery ice cream is bright pink However, it's not light and fruity like strawberry or even berries. It tastes like an incredibly powerful mint, as if entire stalks of the plants were hyper condensed into single molecules which made up the desert. I had to eat the thing incredibly slowly.
A local older woman, who I was flirting with, playfully called the ice cream "Pepto Bismol" flavored. She explained that it was popular with the provincial peoples of the Amish population because of it's similarity in strength to traditional American deserts such as licorice. Unfortunately, my lover soon left me because I casually, though accidentally, addressed her as "mother."
Upon witnessing my misfortune, the burger-smith of the establishment I was attending pittied me. To comfort me (and in part to dry my tears so I did not bother his other customers), he gave me a free cone of teaberry ice cream. I enjoyed the flavor, though in the same way I enjoy being choked by a woman: masochisticly.
However, I was unable to shake away the cruel association between teaberry and failure to reach the sweet bosoms of a mother I would like to court. In tandom with my reluctancy to return to the area (I have distrist and anxieties about backwards peoples such as the Amish, pescaterians, and the Irish), I've yet to again taste the bizarre flavor, though I would highly recommend it.

Inb4: cling foiling milfs and their cats

We have a ice cream shop in town that serves unflavored ice cream with chunks of butter in it.

I live in PA and the sweeter teaberry flavor is the bomb dude

It took me a second to figure out that you meant by teaberry, but most folks know that flavor as wintergreen.

I've seen my wife's grandpa make and eat dandelion soup before, tasted like weeds and grass.

Or this.

I think we have a winner. Where was this? Somewhere in southeast Asia?

Philippines.

Holy shit where you at? There’s a Michoacána in Wilmington, DE. They might be a franchise I don’t know.

I had horseradish icecream in the Philippines, it's made from the leaves of the tree though not the root.

Tree?
Flip horseradish must be different from what I have growing.

Pineapple habenero