What can I add to a grilled cheese to make it even more fantastic?

What can I add to a grilled cheese to make it even more fantastic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BlTCkNkfmRY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

use colby jack instead of american cheddar

pepperoni

use home made mayo instead of butter

Bacon

Use applewood smoked cheddar cheese and black pepper.

>Waiting for grilled cheese autists to sperge out when someone suggests adding ham or egg
Monitoring thread OP, nice bait. Should be a good kek

Put blackforest ham on it, trust me

Egg doesn't sound great, but I've never had it. Why would anybody alert out about ham or pepperoni? Hot ham and cheese should be considered a diffrent sandwich though

ham and tomatos is good, i don't put it in a pan though, i put it in my microwave oven thing and it toasts everything nicely. I'd do it it in the pan but if you do that with tomatos it fucks it up.

>What can I add to a grilled cheese to make it even more fantastic?

Very thinly sliced apples.

It’s important to slice them very thin, otherwise it’s kinda hard to bite thru them and they drag the cheese out of the sandwich.

Second this.
Use a razor blade to slice the apple paper thin, it'll liquify in the cheese when grilled.

>Very thinly.
>Image shows a fuckhuge slice.

Sliced canned beetroot.

S A L T A N D P E P P E R

A

L

T

A

N

D

P

E

P

P

E

R

Sounds like a very good system

It isn't.
Trust me, I have lost many a good razor blade in apples.
It frustrates me so much, especially when I get them mixed up with my regular apples and kids come along wanting free apples.

Razor blades

As with all bread and melted cheese foods, pineapple is the perfect addition.

youtu.be/BlTCkNkfmRY
I use this recipe except I use sour dough instead of white bread. Glory to Chef John, patron saint of Veeky Forums. May the paprika never find your urethra.

Shit I meant cayenne.

I grate jalapenos into mine. Feels like a ghetto jalapeno popper.

Fried bologna. Poke holes in it so the cheese will melt through to both bread slices

Dont question it, just do it and thank me later.

Laugh it up, but I’d never had grilled cheese with apples before but some friends and I went to the Royal Oak Brewery in MI a few years back and I tried their Country Grilled Cheese (Fontina and white cheddar cheese, thick cut bacon and sliced granny smith apples grilled on fresh sourdough) and it was great, though they sliced the apples too thick.

Apples in grilled cheese for lunch.
Then for dessert apple pie with cheese on it.
Who wins?

You fucked up, you meant Muenster.
Also add herbs and spices like oregano.

Also don't let any asshole here working for big mayo tell you to use mayo instead of butter. It is possible to make a grilled cheese with mayo instead of, but it will be worse

2nd. Muenster, butter masse, and at times pepper jack. The only choices for grilled cheese.

Marmite

Use a very thin layer of mayo on the outside as your lipid instead of butter.

Hey man fuck you

What's the problem sonny

Spread mayo on it before cooking instead of butter.

Yeah toasties taste way better if you use mayo instead of butter, I'd also suggest using a bit of garlic spread on the outside to add to the flavor.

Use either good, ripe Brick cheese (if you can find it), Cheshire or Double Gloucester (ditto), or the sharpest cheddar you can get your hands on. Avoid Muenster unless it's well-aged (scarcer than hens' teeth: the usual American deli Muenster is bland and characterless).

Lightly spread the bread with mustard (English/Coleman's or Dijon-type) before you add the cheese. Go easy with it, especially if you use Coleman's.

Chedder never seems to melt well. Even when it does, it seems to cool/congeal faster than other cheeses for some reason.

It's definitely not the best melter, but it works alright for grilled cheese if you manage the heat right. It helps to be using gas not electric in my experience.

If you really want it gooey, nothing really beats American (just avoid the cheap stuff that is mostly whey-protein concentrate and shit: Kraft "Deli Select" is actually decent as processed cheese goes). Really, most of the "Muenster" on the market these days is processed, too, so you really have to research what you're buying.

jesus christ

You're trying to cook it too fast.

As fucking usual, nobody in the thread has mentioned the ultimate grilled cheese interior addition: frying the bread in butter on both sides, which adds an additional layer of crunch. This requires adding extra butter to the pan or spreading it on both sides prior, as well as placing the cheese on the bread while it's still in the pan, but the effort makes a grilled cheese sandwich better than any other.

Here's what I make when I want a greasy cheesy snack. I take one of those oven Aldi chicken Kievs and I cook that up and chef up some guac on the side, then I make a chicken and cheese quesadilla with the chicken Kiev. Then I just dip the whole quesadilla in the guac and I'm in heaven. Of course, the quesadilla is cooked in a frying pan with the butter from the inside of the chicken Kiev. So fucking good, damn it now I'm craving it but I have 0 of the necessary ingredients

Fuck you infidel.

/tv/ here, icwudt

If you want to step it up a notch, you can simmer sharp cheddar cheese into a (SMALL) amount of milk and flour to make it into a spread, then crack a taste of salt and pepper into it.

for a dip, blend sour cream and chipotle

Just made me some “ghetto grilled cheese”;

Toasted white bread
margarine the outside
two slices of Kraft cheese inbetween
nuked for 30secs

Not really grilled cheese, but I always loved toasted raspberry jam and sharp cheddar sandwiches.

Oregano and garlic butter.

More cheese.

>Why
It's a fucking Reddit meme, technically adding stuff like ham or egg makes it a melt or whatever the fuck.

Both are good, I like to do the egg-in-a-basket thing with sourdough and Muenster/Cheddar. Though, I try to add a little mozzarella, for the stretch factor. Plus obvious salt and pepper. Tbf, not a "real" cheese, but I'm not enough of a sperg to care.

>makes it a melt
You’re a fucking melt, user.

Tomato and onion is my favorite on grilled cheese.

A bowl of tomato soup on the side.

not much you can do without adding something like ham, our an egg.

Ice

pickled jalapenos are a nice simple enhancement

Worcester sauce

I find muenster cheese as a go to when making a proper grilled cheese. Two slices is just the right amount. Then I put seasoning salt for taste after cooking and it is sublime.

I've found that simplicity tends to produce better results.

Make use of multiple cheeses.

Butter the outside, salt & season it then pop it into a sandwich maker.

If you aren't adding Worcestershire sauce you're not making a proper grilled cheese.

A grilled cheese is not a grilled cheese without Worcestershire sauce.

Disregard EVERY single """recipe""" (if it can even be called that) that does not include this, a grilled cheese """recipe""" without Worcestershire sauce is more of a joke than it is a """recipe""".

>sandwich maker
but user... I am the sandwich maker

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Kek, glad someone did.

>just one more sandwich...

Secret Aardvark spicy mayo

Roasted chili

>Worcestershire sauce
Why not just make welsh rarebit?

Nofap

ye green apple is fantastic in a melt
i like mine with camembert or brie and red onions
fry each side with a bit of butter in a skillet

BEER, cheese loves beer, add it late to keep aromas

Caramelized onions and cracked black pepper

Put shredded cheese on the outside to make extra crispy grilled cheese

generic yellow curry powder

Use rye bread and Swiss cheese. Then add corned beef and sauerkraut. Put it on a hot buttered pan, press it with a plate or something heavy. Flip after 2-3 minutes and repeat. Serve immediately.
It's my favorite grilled cheese recipe

How do you eat beer to a goddamn sandwich

Wrap the cheese in a whole sheet of nori

That's a reuben ya numbskull and you left off the russian dressing.

How has no one postest garlic salt in this thread yet? you guys should unironically recreationally nuke yourselves

Jesus, looks like you're wearing a white glove in the thumbnail, need to watch less anime and get some sunlight buddy

Jeez, I bet you give off your own light user.

>SCP-096 has broken out of containment

Mayonnaise on the outside before grilling.

Rye bread, butter with seasoning on the outside, sharp cheddar, and a piece of thin slice bologna

Pesto + mozzarella

stone ground mustard

>when you are so white you need to do an HDR with exposure bracketting in order to show up correctly in photos.

>mayo instead of butter
>small amounts of the cheese or spices of your choice stuck to the mayo on the outside
>variety of cheeses instead of only one

You can add meat if you like but at that point it's just a grilled sandwich, which is fine.

I don't fucking know OP, how about some whipped cream and some cherrychangas, huh?
Go back to preparing that birthday party for that cunt and come back here, alright?

used a laffing cow swiss cheese triangle, string cheese is optimal, but i'm all out

Mayo instead of butter is something you can do, but shouldn't because it taste worse.

Ham is objectively the best answer. Also pairing it with tomato soup for dipping.

Cut a hole in the center and fry an egg in there
Or just put a fried egg in the sandwich

Just
Add an egg
The yolk MUST be runny or youre a coward

How are you uncolored?

dijon mustard spread on the inside

... slip pepperooine inside each bread slice
In franch they call it the

Pain du 'roni a la fromage

Its called a kay`sah*dillard
You put fresh salsa on it when you use wheat tortillas

>All these low-tier grilled cheeses responses
Gonna give you a sandwich thats to die for OP:
>sourdough bread
>Peppercorn brie, Gruyere (thinly sliced) , Havarti
>Caramelized pear
>Roasted Honey ham
Grill it together in a sauce pan with butter/oil until golden brown, then
>Then add djon mustard (real mustard not yellow)
>Black pepper and paprika season the bread on both sides
Serve and enjoy

Nice vomit goblet

>Nobody has mentioned
Because its common sense? Everyone knows to butter both sides, you're not special user.

It's a Vanilla milkshake. Glass is just green.