Hot Sauce Thread

Do y'all like hot sauce? This is what I currently have on deck. I like to cook with lots of peppers too. I'd love to hear about some other sauces with a good flavor profile.

Where's the 'vark?

What's 'vark? What's it taste like, what kind of peppers and such? Maybe I'll grab a bottle next time I'm at the store

i found a local one thats really tastey called "cry baby craigs"

one of the more balaced hot sauces iv ever had. really good

>Crystal

stellar taste, absolutely the best hot sauce to throw on breakfast eggs and hashbrowns

Idk, Valentina is great for breakfast too

OP pick up some some el yucateco, preferably the extra hot one that isn't full of neon dye. 'vark means Secret Aardvark and it's a meme like Sriracha. it isn't particularly tasty nor spicy and fans of conventional hot sauce should ignore it entirely

Right?! I was eating some ko sardines with a splash of Crystal when I decided to make the thread. Delicious

>literally the wal mart line up with a melinda's thrown in

B-but I like Sriracha in my stir fry... I'll keep my eyes peeled for some El yucatecko.

I see secret aardvark on Amazon, but I'm going to see if I can find it somewhere else for less than $1/oz. Looks interesting, but I don't usually go for hot sauces with tomatoes and such

>Can't make a suggestion, or any contribution to the thread

>no bru bru

Valentina extra hot is probably my favorite of the bunch. Perfect with beans and cheese, or on a quesadilla. Tacos... Anything remotely Mexican.

El Yucateco gives me the liquid shits.

>preferably the extra hot one that isn't full of neon dye
they stopped using artificial coloring in the red & green

I only use 'vark, 'cha, and 'lula.

Is dumbass hot sauce any good?

shii dumby good my guy

?

Any suggestion for foods to have with hot sauce

> try franks 'red hot' sauce
> its not hot at all

> try srirarcha
> tastes like garlic tomato sauce
> not really hot either

are there any mainstream 'hot sauces' that are actually spicy?

Better start saving those good hubby points! My wife's son hates spicy food, so I'm only allowed to get the 'vark when I've been extra helpful.

Dude, no. Most people are complete pussies, and if you put anything even CLOSE to Death Sauce anywhere within 10 feet of any food they eat, they'll freak the fuck out. Most people think mayo is spicy.

People are fucked.

so much forced meme cancer. Does your shed have extra shelves for your vark sauce?

Fucking this. Obviously its nothing crazy spicy but its super flavorful and one of my favorite sauces.

Anything savory/salty. Veggies, legumes, meats, chips, cheeses... Not fruit/candy?Lol, I'm a single lady with a cat. I eat whatever I want whenever I want tyvm. Who knows if I'll find a partner, but they won't make me eat bland food
No, mainstream stuff is supposed to be appealing to lots of people. Most people have no capsaicin tolerance.

This is unreal with eggs.

Valentina>Cholula>Texas Pete>Frank's RedHot>Tabasco>everything else

I wish! My darling sweetest says those shelves are for Tyrone's basketball trophies. I keep the 'vark under me and Tyrone's bunk bed

>cholula
>texas pete
opinion disregarded

Tastelets confirmed
>best hot sauce ever coming through

>calling other people tastelets while toting Tabasco as the best hot sauce ever

This is the worst post I've ever witnessed. I assume you like milk, water and butter as well?

No. I find the flavor off-putting. It doesn't go well with anything. I guess it could be useful to mask the flavor of bad food, but I like my sauces to compliment what I'm eating.

valentina / el yucateco masterrace here

valentina/tapatio for me

This

tabasco has literally ruined hot sauces for me

what sauce should i add to my collection next?

'Tec and Melinda's (ghost/naga) are my go-to's

Look for anything by this company, but I recommend pic related.

Heartbreaking Dawns is the best hotsauce manufacturer. Everything else is inferior.

The best hot sauce I know is a Mexican brand called Rio Mayo, it's pretty small and I don't think you can get it in the US. Yucateca is ok for larger brands.

>I keep the 'vark under me and Tyrone's bunk bed
this sounds so comfy

I traded in my Good Hubby Points and wifey let me get 3 of these bad boys! It has twice the mayo content and sugar of regular 'vark sauce.

Maya Ik
Ik means pepper in several of the Mayan dialects.

Any recommendations for UK fags here? I'm experimenting with hot sauces I see in the supermarket but they're hit and miss. Really want something that goes with chicken and/or beef

UK can’t handle heat. Try blending some bell peppers and water together.

Try 'vark sauce.
It's the mildest and sweetest hot sauce on the market.

>I traded in my Good Hubby Points and wifey let me get 3 of these bad boys!

my le sides are in space

>hot sauce
>it's sweet
???

The FDA forced Secret Aardvark to reduce the spiciness of the sauce due to the nature of the cartoon animal mascot appealing to children. They compensated by making the sauce as sweet as possible and now it's the sweetest hot sauce on the market.

PROTIP: "Le" is French for "the" so in your statement it doesn't make any sense.

Tfw when Valentina is my go to hot sauce but also the name of my ex who cheated on me. What are the odds

With every bite you're reminded of the burn.

You dated Sarina Valentina? Nice.

Texas Pete is the best sauce for putting on everything. It doesn’t taste like vinegar like memebasco and it’s not crazy hot like some insanity sauces. I use hitter sauces often, but if I could only choose one it would be Texas Pete.

Louisiana Hot Sauce > Texas Pete

Texas Pete is pretty good, but for some reason I keep going back to Frank's Red Hot.
Louisiana is kind of vinegary.

Franks is a very acceptable Texas Pete replacement. They taste almost identical, I just prefer Texas Pete a little more. Franks is better if your mixing it with butter for hot wang sauce though, I’ll give you that.
Plus TP is made by a relatively small corporation compared to Franks which is made by McCormick. So part of my bias could have to do with that.

>I like Sriracha in my stir fry
Bottled garlic is bleh. Once you just switch to chili paste and add fresh garlic, you'll be done with the sriracha. Bottled garlic is as foul as bottled lemon juice, so be careful not to buy the chili w/ garlic.

OP, I'd add Cholula to that collection. It's a different beast, kind of fruity hot tingle. It will enhance some caribbean food, breakfast and meats in a different way. It's not too hot.
Yucateco green is also a fun different one. There's a hot blackish color one they also make that has some smokiness.
>Any suggestion for foods to have with hot sauce
This is preference, really. I like to microwave Goya tamales, and then hit them with a liberal shake of hot sauce. Grits, arepas, sopes, tamal en cazuela is a nice neutral cornmeal base calling for hot sauce like that. Hot sauce works equally well on cornmeal dusted fish, chicken livers, fried green tomatoes, and those southern things like that. I dump hot sauce into the egg wash before dredging my okra, tomatoes, eggplant, and such. It adds a nice vinegar essence too.

Ya, I've had Cholula before. It's pretty good, I'll probably grab a bottle at some point.
Definitely going to look into all these El yucatecko recommendations.
I'll get some chilli paste too... I already use plenty of fresh garlic.

Try vark sauce, it is the mildest and sweetest habanero sauce available.

Where's the cheapest place to order it?

Amazon or the vark store.

What's the best way to make buffalo sauce using something like one of these as a base? I've been buying premade but it's just not cutting it anymore.

1 part Frank's Red Hot
1 part butter
Grind a little black pepper

You might wanna do what I did and just order some goddamn superhot pepper powder or puree on amazon. Just add that to your favorite hot sauces, see the problem with "superhot sauces" is they always have that fucking disgusting extract taste, save for the spiciest shit at "b-dubs". For some reason, it's not the hottest sauce I've had but it's caused me by far and away the largest amount of intestinal distress. Tastes damn good though, but I still won't be going out of my way for more any time soon.

>Frank's Red Hot
I PUT THAT $#!* ON EVERYTHING LOL!

LOL

LOL

>Frank's Red Soy
fuck off, this shit is almost as bad as 'vark

this meme needs to stop

>Hi everyone from First We Feast this is Hot Ones.
>The show with hot questions and even hotter memes

I unironically enjoy this show

Um, that's literally the ingredient list for Buffalo sauce.

FPBP

Then how do YOU make buffalo sauce? It’s literally one part louisiana style hot sauce, one part butter.

My ex died earlier this month

no one cares.

Got damn tastelets around here

>soylentina
gross

kek, good riddance the stupid bitch.

Gross. vark sauce is the superior habanero sauce

>extremely sweet
No thanks

It's a great show

It’s sweet for children. Children love it.

>gay hot sauce
thanks for letting us know that you are a giant faggot.

Did she OD on tide pods

Her new boyfriend raped and stabbed her to death lmao

this has really been wonderful.
It pairs so well on breakfast burritos or carne asada fries.
The nozzle is also very helpful for adding the right amount to a dish.

This is the hot sauce that currently has wowed me.
It's got a nice scotch bonnet flavor, but still has a savory, fruitiness to it.
It isn't too hot to handle either, just right imo.
However you will need to refrigerate it after opening.

I've owned this for about 2-3 days and i'm already halfway through the bottle. stuff is addictive, sometimes i just want to buy food just so i can enjoy it.

its too hot and bitter. if it was sweeter and milder I could see myself getting it but its not so I don't buy it

i actually dont think its bitter or too overwhelming at all.
it doesn't have a vinegariness to it.

the only downside is it can have a metallic aftertaste. which is why it doesn't work well with Chipotle burritos.
it works great in any sort of black bean stew.

The metallic aftertaste is a feature of the sauce, not a negative.

that flavor can be bad when paired with the wrong things tho.

Crystals tastes like a frank redhot to me....and a louisianas hotsauce too for that matter

Not my fault you have shitty broken taste buds, bro