Burrito fever

Posting my question from I fucking love burritos and am willing to travel for it, but I heard mexicans don't eat burritos.

Where can I go to eat some god-level life changing burritos?

Here's the thread in trv: /trv/thread/1357609

I'm going to Moe's Monday later today

i was into burritos not that long ago but now i think fajitas are more where it's at

Buy an ad you fucking twit

gas stations in Arizona have the best breakfast burritos

Fajitas are great and burritos are great for the same reason: endless motherfucking combinations

Not to mention I enjoy taking a big chomp out of a burrito instead of a dainty bite like in regular meals.

San Francisco mission burritos are pretty famous. They're generally very good, as long as you like burritos that are loaded up with everything (meat, rice, beans, cheese, salsa, guac, etc.).

Lived in San Francisco for a long time. I agree. The Mission district is like burrito heaven.

But I'm seeking greener pastures. Are there any? or is SF the best of the best?

San Diego.

I gotta say, when I visited a friend in Cali, San Diego specifically, he showed me this shit called "The REAL California Burrito" which was something like carne asada, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and french fries in this weird sticky tortilla. Fucking amazing.

>Where can I go to eat some god-level life changing burritos?

Arizona or california, mexican burritos are garbo the stuff you want is tex mex

I almpst always replace carne asada with pollo asada and yes thats the california burrito alright, so fucking good

Alright broskis, San Diego added to the bucket list

>but I heard mexicans don't eat burritos.
You heard that from dumb fuck americans. Stop listening to them, they don't know shit.

>get authentic mexican food
>beans rice corn tortilla some kind of pepper and some mystery meat
>tasteless almost unless piles of hotsauce added to it

Mexican food is some of the blandest food next to japanese food, tex mex is superior in every way

Why eat a burrito when you can eat a Chimichanga?

>mexican burritos are garbo

What's wrong with them?

Connie's Mexico Cafe in Wichita, Kansas.

Because "authentic" mexican food that isn't inspired from tex mex or just straight up tex mex is low quality tasteless food

Seconding OPs question but where in denver? I havent really had any good mexican sense ive been in denver.

No it isn’t. I have a Mexican cleaning lady and she makes me real ass Mexican food on the regular and it’s fucking delicious.

>mexicans don't eat burritos

they do though

If it has tomatoes, lettuce, or sour cream in it that is tex mex not mexican.

>sour cream
>tomatoes
>not mexican

I don't believe you.

sour cream + salsa roja

sooo fuckin good

That's tex mex, not authentic mexican food

Taco Bell's steak power burrito

I know they have salsa roja in mexico, but they dont use sour cream?

Taco bell has some good options. If they were made with real fresh ingredients it could be amazing.

My favorites are Chaula, Double Decker Taco, Qusadilla, Crunchwrap Supreme.

That's an american inspired thing, most authentic mexican burritos will be beans, rice, meat

cone to san francisco bay area. i know we have the best. la cumbre, and el farolito are great.

no no no. here's the ideal burrito: black or pinto beans. mexican rice. meat, your choice. lots of salsa cruda/pico de gallo. avocado or guacamole. and lots of hot sauce, tatemata or salsa roja (salsa verde is good too). no cheese, no sour cream. even guac is superfluous. if the tortilla is toasted, not steamed, and the meat is properly done, all that sour cream and cheese just ruins it.

Can't go wrong with El Farolito or La Taqueria. I have a soft spot for Papa Lote too.

>I fucking love burritos and am willing to travel for it, but I heard mexicans don't eat burritos.

...huh. You know, now that I think about it, I've never had a burrito any time I've visited Mexico. Mexicans do eat burritos, but I guess it's just those of us who live here in the 'States.

Freebirds.

La Cumbre is all hype. Pancho Villa and its beautiful salsa bar is where its at.

If you want a hidden gem - El Castillito at Church and Duboce makes amazing grilled burritos and rolled quesaddillas, and they have a fresh orange juice machine, squeezed to order.

Best salsa roja in the city is at Gordos on 9th and Irving. Such a beautiful sauce I could drink it as soup and go to the ER for it.

Corpus Christi, TX

show pictures of food plox

Papa Lote's salsa is its saving grace. Its hipster trash by all other means. It tastes nothing like a mexican burrito should. Even fucking chipotle is more authentic.