Cast Iron is the correct pan

Cast Iron is the correct pan.

great color user

Depends on what you're trying to do. It doesn't work for everything.

>"my eggs stick to my pan"

Not what I was referring to.

kind of a bitch for omelettes

They shouldn't stick to a seasoned pan

add more fat and try at a lower heat
i don't cook eggs in my lodge, only use it for meat, and to burn veggies (i like them that way).

thinking about buying a cast iron myself, probably a Lodge bc buy american:)
What size should i get? And what do you guys recommend i season with?

I love fried pork chops with gravy made from the pork drippings and mashed taters.

I would recommend you get 2, an 8 inch and 12 inch skillet. The 8 inch is perfect for 1 person, the 12 inch is your standard for larger meals.
Back in the day Lodge used to machine the inside of the pan after casting, today they don't and it is fairly rough. You can sand it smooth with sandpaper if you want it to be more non-stick (I did and I can cook eggs no problem).
For seasoning, just cook up some bacon on medium high heat. If you read online you'll find links to a bunch of women bloggers who bake them in the oven with various oils, and that's all totally unnecessary. Just start using it.

yeah the woman blogger who popularized the flax seed oil method that became widely accepted as the best method is not a retard hubby tier blogger. It's not unnecessary if you have the time to do it right. I wasted my time seasoning my shit wrong, even with it sanded down. And you'll waste more time by "just using it" to season it because shit will stick to it forever until you build up some mediocre seasoning. only know this from experience.

I guess not widely accepted because there's still a lot of retarded shit about cast iron pans on the internet.

I had one but got rid of it after one use, burnt my hand badly. There was no warning that came with the pan, tried to take legal action but no one was interested!!!

Common sense.......its not that common.

I hope this prevents you from breeding

Kek, good murrican larp

It's true OP
*pic related

I mean the steep sides and sharp corners

I prefer stainless steel with copper core. But cast iron is pretty good.

>add more fat

Such an American response. Not all of us want our food dripping with fat.

A good LARP indeed.

Stainless steel pans with layers of aluminum, like All-Clad D5 and Le Creuset Tri-Ply, are general!y better.

They heat up faster, provide better heat control and have much more even heat distribution. Not to mention the fact they don't require any seasoning, or maintenance besides cleaning.

Cast iron has hot spots, it takes a long time to heat up and cool down. It's almost impossible to make a good pan sauce in none-enamelled cast iron because of this. Unlike multi-core pans, where the fond is a nice golden brown with great flavor, in none-enamelled cast iron the fond tends to burn extremely easily.

Another thing is acidic food, which will destroy a cast irons seasoning, and so can't or shouldn't be cooked in the pan.

Cast iron is good for searing meat and it's cheap if you buy the inferior quality lodge. Besides those qualities, multi-core pans are better, and there's a reason professional chefs use pans like All-Clad.

I have a Lodge cast iron pan that used to lay flat on countertops and one day I noticed that it was bulged in the middle and would spin around like a top.

I did some research as to why this happened and to my surprise, if you have an electric coil stovetop using cast iron is ill advised because they simply get too hot too fast for the heat to conduct through the cast iron which causes it to warp. I was stunned because I took the memes regarding cast iron’s durability seriously when it can’t even stand up to the heat of a shitty stove.

you can still use them on electric coil burners, just don't turn the heat all the way up to ten when preheating.

>use something incorrectly
>be "stunned" when something goes wrong

The absolute state of numales. Please stick to your art and philosophy degrees.