Tea Thread

Is green tea that health or is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/green-tea-catechins/
amazon.com/Tealyra-Premium-Dragon-Organically-4-Ounce/dp/B00CX33V6C/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1519348048&sr=8-4&keywords=longjing&th=1
youtube.com/watch?v=spTBscGMG2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's fucking delicious after a big tasty meal. I always have a cup after dinner.

>ginger tea
>squirt of lemon

Fucking kino

Green to start the day, and chamomile to end it

>black to start the day
>green after big meal
>chamomile or jasmine before going to sleep

Lots of cunts drink too much coffee. Whether tea is healthy or not, it's better than heart attack fuel.

Its a myth, dude. Cofee protects heart and makes u live longer.

I mean, asian chicks still look young at 35, so it's gotta be doing something.

It tastes bad so I have a diet coke instead

THIS.

Dunno but I had a sore throat and drunk alot of green tea with honey mixed in and have nevok addicted

Mostly because they're thin

Japanese:
>work hard all day, get by on cigarettes and coffee/energy drinks as meal replacements

Chinese:
>Be constantly shamed by family if you get overweight, to the point you will just stop eating for a few days til you get back to a reasonable weight

Dunno bout other asians

is good 4 heart and immune system

yea sure it's healthy why the f not.

The main reason green tea is consumed so widely is because it is a cheap way to drink clean water.

Its popularity is not due to it being "healthy," it's because the water in those countries is shit and drinking boiled water is healthier than drinking plain water.

citation needed

A... Are you me?

Are you retarded? People drink tea because tea tastes better than water, not because they want to drink boiled water.

Hot tea, if you're a drinker/smoker, increases the incidence of mouth and throat cancer.

Reddit

superior tea desu

examine.com/supplements/green-tea-catechins/

It is extremely healthy.

it shure as shit aint gonna make ur life any worse senpai, drink up G

I doubt they are getting by on energy drinks. Caffeine wise, energy drinks in Japan are very weak. It is very hard to find any energy drink that has at least 80mg of caffeine, the average seems to be about 50-60mg of caffeine. Very weak. In America, I can find energy drinks with 160mg at any store

>twinings
>superior
hahahaa

>drinking your tea hot

unsweetened cold tea master race reporting in (except the occasional hot lemon/ginger tea, that shit's amazing)

Not him but what does this mean?

Tea is for girls

opinions like this mean you aren't for girls

Who's the best seller of loose leaf tea?

Bump

Where'd you hear that?

>any brand of bagged tea dust superior to other brands
It's all shit

that is why you let it get a little bit colder before drinking it, not fucking swallow it while it's boiling

Yes they want to drink boiled water because boiling water purifies water, makes it clean to drink. People don't drink tea because tea tastes better than water, or, at least, that's not how the tradition of drinking tea has started.

>tea
>boiled water
durr

No filter full submersion loose leaf reporting in

Yannan sourcing.

So like a stupider version of grandpa-style drinking that just ends up in overly steeped, bitter tea.
And what are those, jasmine flowers and stems that haven't been picked out by the farmers?

Oversteeped in my belly.
The combination of this Japanese green tea and an African green rooibos, accompanied by a scent of fresh fruits and flower petals gives you a rainbow of colors.

This pretty green tea from Japan is accompanied by green rooibos, a rare unrefined rooibos, rich in vitamins and minerals. It is embellished with marigold petals, rose and mauve. With a golden yellow color, its intense floral bouquet also evokes the freshness of orchard fruits, such as vine peach. On the palate, Belle Jour's bouquet also has some iodine notes and dry herbs.
> Low in theine, it can be savored all day long.

I've drank green tea for almost 7 years, every day and got a streptococcus infection and almost died because of it.

S, doubt it.

>how to sell low quality tea to gaijins

To be fair it is a French Japanese style tea house and I hear the French have more weabs per capita.

The stems are from the green rooibos, but high quality oolongs can be very stemmy. Btw I'm earning a STEM degree.

Any tea blend cut with rooibos and random flower petals that aren't even removed during processing is going to be using shit quality tea. That's a common way that tea sellers get rid of otherwise unsellable tea.

>almost died from strep throat

holy fuck my dude, tea can't fix what's already broken

Peking University Health Science Centre did a study. You should be able to look it up.

Strep is fucked. If it enters the bloodstream, you'll have a poor prognosis of pulling through.

You should be able to post it

Holy shit

There's nothing wrong with coffee. Too much caffeine is bad for you, but you have to drink a stupid amount of coffee to get there.

If it's not treated or you have an already weakened immune system, you could be fucked.

I have green tea every two hours for the past 6 years or so and recently I found out I have hypoglycaemia and that it might be linked to my green tea consumption. So, beware.

>I have green tea every two hours
Who the fuck does this, also I doubt it's actually linked to your green tea consumption.

I'm really skinny and get cold a lot so I stick to warm drinks and I like the taste of green tea.

Peppermint tea is seriously good after a big meal, settles the tum right down.

How much sugar do you have with your tea? Surely this can't make sense.

He said hypoglycemia, meaning low blood sugar. Tea, like a lot of plants, can lower blood sugar levels. Normally this is a good thing, but if you drink a lot of tea on an empty stomach, I guess it could dip your fasting blood sugar too low.

caffeine fucks with blood sugar, green tea every 2 hours is quite a bit of caffeine... wouldn't negatively effect most people but if you're predisposed then yeah that would do it.

sup cuplets

How come my green tea never comes out this green?

But i drink it decaffeinated

ive been drinking 2 cups a day for about 3 years now and i'm still alive, so yes it is.

chemistrylet here, what's the thin film floating on top of tea whenever I brew it?

grease/dirt from your mug, or oils in the tea depending on type

never gotten taste for tea or coffee, any recommendations for people who dont like it or entry level for tea drinking?

childhood is idolizing green tea, adulthood is realizing that dragonwell is the goat

Dragon well is green tea

I only drink pic related, the blood of the enemies of Islam.

Because green tea refers to the color of the leaves, not the drink they produce. That's just shopped bullshit.

if that was true they would just drink hot water, retard. clearly tea > boiled water

How to get started with green tea? Which one is quality?

I got the twinings one with lemon its shit

Ditch the tea bags first off. Literally none of them are quality tea.

>twinings
>with lemon
you are pretty much retarded.

Cup or two in the morning for breakfast.

Get this
amazon.com/Tealyra-Premium-Dragon-Organically-4-Ounce/dp/B00CX33V6C/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1519348048&sr=8-4&keywords=longjing&th=1

Steep it like this
youtube.com/watch?v=spTBscGMG2c

I'm an ausfag
Yeah just realizing that

Also whats the difference in matcha and green tea?

Matcha is a specific type of green tea, finely ground to a powder. You whisk it with water to make a frothy drink. Cheap matcha isn't worth shit though, make sure you're buying decent quality stuff.

If you're in the US and want to dip your toes into the high quality loose leaf tea world i would recommend verdant teas. They have a 5 dollar sampler which gives you a pretty good impression of the different styles of tea. They also have pretty high quality teas in general, albeit a little over priced. They ship from the US so ship times are low.

Or if you want to go balls deep just buy a bunch of shit from Yunnan Sourcing. I've just started ordering from there but every tea I've had is high quality for a reasonable price. Buy from their US site for lower shipping times, just know the selection isn't as large as the Chinese site.

Highly recommend laoshan black tea if you like black teas. Cheap, good quality. Tastes chocolatey and malty, very smooth. Tieguanyin is an amazing green oolong. Very floral, sweet, delicious.

I will probably get a lot of shit for saying this on this weeb board but I have to say Japanese green teas are pretty overrated. I've had about 6 different kinds, including matcha. They're just incredibly vegetal and grassy, some way too astringent which I don't find pleasant. I think there's a lot more variety of flavors in Chinese green teas, and Chinese teas in general

Retard detected. Matcha is green tea, but fermented. It doesn't need to come in powder form, although that's better as you actually get to consume the leaves.

What the fuck?

I have seriously damaged heart from b12 and coq10 deficiency. can confirm coffee makes my heart condition worse. quite literally triggers the obvious heart symptoms

Matcha tea causes irreversible damage to the brain stem

Matcha is not fermented and matcha literally means ground tea. If it's not ground, it would be tencha.

citation strongly needed

>can confirm coffee makes my heart condition worse. quite literally triggers the obvious heart symptoms
a single teaspoon of alcohol, or a small dose of caffeine can kickstart tachycardia in those who have the arrhythmia or related conditions

>抹茶
>not in powder form

bump

Yeah mate, in Australia, it's just called herbal tea hey.

It also tastes like every other fucken tea on the planet. Watered down ice blocks.

you guys know of any site similar to teaware.house ? I like some of their stuff but i'd like to explore more options for cups

I only drink matcha

i fucking hate the taste of lemon in tea

i still have to find a tea that i like(without sugar) more then a glass of cold water
i am in it for health benefits.

quick everyone
>best ml contend of a glass
>best ml contend of a pot

Yaint had a decent one yet, also water might be too hot.

There's plenty green brewing teas.

pic related is possibly the comfiest tea on earth

Any decent quality green, white, or green oolong should be easy to enjoy unsweetened when brewed gong fu style

Usually Chinese green teas produce a more yellow liquid, Japanese green teas produce a more green liquid. The way Japanese tea is grown, the leaves produce more chlorophyll.

Your're low qualitity.

You palate is fucked after drinking so much soda faggot.

Step aside you cheap rabea tea drinker

This is how a true mojahed from the greatest desrt drinks his tea you'd sell your camel to get this golden delight

Also congratulations
*we are on the watch list now*