What is the best oil?

what is the best oil?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vp92BlLLVEI
healthimpactnews.com/2014/myth-buster-olive-oil-is-one-of-the-safest-oils-for-frying-and-cooking/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for what purpose?

rapeseed

Olive for low temp, peanut for high temp. If peanut is too pricey, swap it for sunflower. Butter for low temp when you want to add flavor.

If your saying rapeseed you may as well just buy plain old vegetable oil, shits 100% rapeseed just not with some fancy words like "Cold pressed" at the start.

I like avocado oil

Extra virgin olive oil for dressings, not for cooking (ignore Jamie oilier)

High heat frying - coconut oil or lard
Medium heat - Veg oil or ghee
Low heat (eggs etc..) - Butter

Anything else is over complicating it, personally i don't use veg oil much but its available everywhere and cheap.

gutter oil
youtube.com/watch?v=vp92BlLLVEI

amazing animation

female pore oil

My best oil is either a truffle oil or a organic olive oil from kalamata
Then again i sell olive oil

the biggest cheapest bottle possible

dump that shit in everything

>ignore Jamie Oliver
healthimpactnews.com/2014/myth-buster-olive-oil-is-one-of-the-safest-oils-for-frying-and-cooking/

Blessed Tomo news.

how to cook like jamie oliver
>buy nutritious delicious salad
>smother that shit in olive oil until you can't taste it anymore

Peanut is the best all-around general purpose oil, but there’s always a place for more flavorful oils like olive, sesame, or butter in appropriate dishes.

Pig fat

You should only ever use Lard, Butter or olive oil. All others are trash.

It's a crime people don't use lard anymore because 'muh health' so they just fry everything in vegetable oil anyway so whats the point?

Why use lard when you can use tallow?

High oleic sunflower oil is decent for cheaply filling a deep fryer.

>muh health
Which is ironic considering the human body breaks down animal fats better than plant ones.

Isn't the truth the opposite?
Please explain well, because this goes against one of the most fundamental aspects of my shallow understanding of human metabolism.

lard is a lot easier for me to buy. It's also about 50p for a months worth(ish).

EVOO always and for whatever purpose.

Same here.

butter

which oil contains the least fat?

>rapeseed

Like the name

Lard is damn amazing for frying eggs and potato things.

Seasame oil is p. good for frying breaded chicken.

Dick fat

Dihydrogen monoxide

Castrol GTX

Very fucking specific question user. I would argue crude oil since it is used for a variety of products such as various fuels for motorized vehicles. But wait, there's more! About 4% of all crude oil is used for the production of plastics. Whether it be basic plumbing, plastic bottles, or the keyboard you chose to type this worthless fucking thread on. I am sure you will learn to appreciate other plastic products such as syringes, the zip lock bag containing your heroin or even the tarp that will form the roof of your home one day. Because people like you that ask retarded, unspecific questions like this deserve to lose everything that they have and die in the fucking gutter.

9/10 drivers report they feel their car runs better on Penzoil™

This. Different oils are for different things. I prefer peanut oil for frying. It has good frying qualities and is very easy to clean and reuse. The only problem is that stores here don't like carrying it since it is now 5x more expensive than "vegetable" oil and no one wants to buy it. I can also reuse it so much that 3-5 gallons can last me more than a year's worth of cooking.

My biggest gripe with lard is that is is difficult to find good lard. Most batches from the store smell like hot feces. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does eventually happen then the entire house smells like hot feces. It happens often enough that I stopped using it and use bacon fat instead.

That's the worst oil. Both for health and for the extra time needed to clean a semi-drying oil off your equipment. God forbid you neglect to clean it off in an appreciable amount of time. Oven uses make it terrible for pans as it dries and hardens, making them much more difficult to remove.

9/10 laff

>high heat frying
>coconut

If you admit that you no very little about human metabolism why are you acting suprised that you are wrong?

I dont have anything on hand to site, but there has been a lot of info coming out lately that suggest everything we knew about diet is wrong.
Red meat may be one of the healthiest foods.

Oil is fat.
"What kind of fat" is the question.

>what is the best oil?

Cocoa butter.

>difficult to find good lard
That's true if your buying it from a major grocery chain with primarily white of black customers, but international grocerys go through it pretty rapidly so it rarely has time to go rancid.

>attacks someone who probes for more info about unsubstantiated claim
>can't provide any sources for general bullshit new-age paleo health claims about animal fats

not the guy who asked the question but scroll far enough down your facebook feed and you'll probably find your bullshit click-bait source from that trendy hipster blog, champ.

The shit inside electrical transformers, from what I hear..

Mobil 1 5W-30

I would think either olive oil or canola/grapeseed

peanut for deep frying, safflower for stir frying, olive for salad dressings.

Olive.

i need to replace vegetable oil but can't decide weather peanut or sunflower seed oil.
help me chose.

canola is rapeseed. """vegetable""" oil is soy.

Depends on what you're using it for, like others have already said. For cooking or frying on medium heat I like to use either canola oil or vegetable oil. If I'm making something like a stir fry, I'll use peanut oil and finish with sesame oil for flavor. For dressings I'll use olive oil.

light olive for everyday use, ghee and duck fat for special occasions.

This guys knows his shit.

Never use Soy, Vegetable, Corn, Canola (rapeseed) oils.

EVOO, Sunflower, Peanut, Sesame, Butter, Bacon fat, Coconut. There is no best, it is all relative.

Canola is the worst, always. Its made from weeds for Canada to boost their economy. Its processes ed more than most soaps.

Butter

50/50 canola and olive oil

I use evcco and evoo 90% of the time. Butter for baking and a few other things. I have some toasted sesame and canola that I almost never use.

Extra virgin olive oil for everything.

What's wrong with canola oil?
>tfw spent my whole life eating shit made with canola because of mother
>continue to do so as an adult

It's canola.

Explain yourself.

EVOO, I like the taste.

Cultured ghee.

Not over here soyboi

>100% Rapeseed oil

rapeseed oil is canola oil dumb dumb

Haha lol
Soyboy, soyboy, you're a big fat soyboy

Stfu soyboii lmao

Not over here, over here "vegetable oil" is rapeseed and "Rapeseed oil" is the exact same thing just cold-pressed and twice as expensive.

We don't have canola oil here.

there needs to be a tier list

massage oil

Crude Oil.

>oil

Rape oil is the best all purpose oil.

Peanut oil
hopefully people die from it

Elbow grease.

pomace oil the best oil!

Its not about breakdown u shit

Its about what happens in your body AFTER its broken down and metabolized. You think those atherosclerotic plaques got there from the olive oil?

You should check:
- omega 3/omega 6 ratio
- saturated fat

For health purposes, avoid saturated fats, the ones that get solid at ambient temperatures (animal fat, coconut oil).

Oil mixes for general purpose.
Olive oil for dressings, egg cooking.
Sunflower oil for frying.
Canola/rapeseed oil is said to change taste upon heating, but i haven't noticed much change.

Butter, lard and coconut oils for taste.

If you can have only one bottle in your kitchen, get a pre mixed bottle (check french oil named isio4).
If you have two bottles, olive and sunflower.

What a fucking stupid question.