Why does this exist?

Why does this exist?
Do people actually eat an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting?
Were people actually eating 3000 calories worth of sugar and butter cream in one sitting before this fake "health food" ice cream came out?

>Why
It's a diet food that tastes pretty good for being a lower calorie option
>do people eat a pint of ice cream
I have, it's not that much and I'm underweight
>3k calories
That's well over a pint

The only issue is the texture is sort of dry and flakey, so you have to let it sit & stir it a bit before eating.

Of course people were eating a pint of ice cream in one sitting. A large ice cream from a ice cream shop is about a pint. They sell them because people eat them.
Halo top isn’t bad, it’s not real ice cream, but it’s better than most fake diet ice cream. I eat it. I don’t eat a pint in one sitting because I have self control. But it’s not bad.

who gives a shit
the mint chip one is pretty good, the cinnamon roll one is solid but has a weird marzipan-like flavor that spoils it a bit

i don't get it
it's for people with no self control i guess
i keep 3 or 4 liters of quality ice cream around because i like variety but the most i'll eat in a sitting is 1/3 a pint, but usually i only eat a spoonful or two

Yes, we call these people "Americans"

Whats the best pint of frozen desert?

Why is it aldi's brookie dough?

I get three to four servings out of one, it's a good substitute for cravings when you're cutting, just wish it wasn't priced like gold.

yes, you moron

they're fine you just gotta let them sit at room temp for an entire hour to not be weird consistency

>Do people actually eat an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting?
Cutting fatty here. Nah, I only do a serving at a time. But it's enough to satisfy any craving

I got the rainbow sherbert one a few weeks back and it was smooth straight from the freezer. Don't know if it is just that flavor or if they are playing with the recipe, but it was nice.

Are you rich?

> blocks path

my roommate bought them a lot to share
we lived frugally and enjoyed ice cream

>it’s not real ice cream
it actually is. It's just airy and sweetened with sucralose

t. never been dumped by a cutey BF

I eat one a day you can get a 4pack for 10$ at sams club but its usually only birthday cake. for me its the best thing to come out

>usually i only eat a spoonful or two
what's the point?

If I buy pints of icecream I'll eat a bit every so often if I want something sweet then put it back in the freezer. Is this rocket science to you op? Also I'm pretty sure the only people who eat pints of icecream in one sitting are fat asses, women and children

The birthday cake flavor is dank. I don’t like regular birthday cake flavored ice cream, but it’s my favorite halo top flavor.

>Why does this exist?
Because there's demand for more healthy alternatives to food. Even if you don't eat the entire pint it's still fewer calories.

The flavor?

They can't legally label it as ice cream because of how much air is in it

I'd buy Halo Top if I was rich and really liked ice cream. But I'm poor and largely indifferent about ice cream.

Nigger I eat an entire one of the large containers in one sitting. And I'm 125 lbs. I usually only buy the small ones and halo top because I don't want to be in an ice cream coma after.
Binging is awesome.

uh

If your ice cream is soft enough to eat straight out of the freezer, it's almost entirely air and stabilizer chemicals.

light ice cream is distinct from [real] ice cream

Because women are too retarded for portion control, they choose to eat this filth instead.

that's not the case for halo top at all though

Where are you getting that from? Halo Top comes out of the freezer rock fucking solid. Why are you talking like you know shit about something you haven't tried?

>32 carbs per 1/2 cup
>Normal ice cream is usually 21-24g

And this is supposed to be BETTER? In what fucking way?

That's a B&J label.

>Halo top
These things are disgusting, get some fucking taste already.

It's pretty sad that Americans have to be reminded what real frozen ice cream is supposed to feel like.

yes sir mr ice cream police sir

It's pretty sad that you eurocucks are so obsessed over our food.

It exists because someone identified there was a demand for it and brought it to market.

if you don't want people to fixate on your food and eating habits, stop being so bizarre

Halo top says it's 240 calories per pint right on the front of the label 1/4 of what ben and jerry's is

They stopped selling Blue Bell ice cream near where I live. Such a shame.

Your poor toilet...

you're a retard

Yeah and every company in the World selling ice cream uses the Penn StTe method to make it, so you see, you are not teaching us about ice cream, we’re teaching you...

you're not teaching me shit hillbilly

I enjoy eating a pint once in a rare while as dessert. It's a decent choice, since it's high in protein and tasty.

>Do people actually eat an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting?
The point is you can, but honestly it's hard to
It's tasty stuff, most flavors at least, but the ice cream itself is very hard to eat
That and it's just so much sweetness at one time, you'd have to be dedicated or extremely distracted by emotions or a really engaging movie to eat an entire pint

You're paying twice as much money for half the quantity since it's mostly air and artificial sweeteners. So basically, just eat real ice cream

Penn State is always on the forefront of methods to lure in children.

it averages out pretty well, user

If this is 4 times the cost for the same amount of ice cream, and the average pint of ice cream is 4 times the calories, then you still get a good price per calorie
And you can eat an entire pint should you choose to

>since it's mostly air and artificial sweeteners

I feel like these people just choose to throw out random negative things and hope they turn out to be true.

Im not really an ice cream person but I'm pretty sure a regular pint of ice cream is around 200 calories, not 3000

Well, Halo Top advertises itself as 240 calories per pint, and the Ben and Jerry's tub here clocks in at 280 calories per 1/4 pint.

Ive had, it, it takes about 2-3 sittings for me, and the nutrional intake during those compared to real ice cream is pretty much amazing. Im also a type 1 diabetic, so when i get a sweet tooth, this is pretty much a go to, considering its macros. Theres reasons shit exists, so get off your high horse and understand what is so pertinent in your own life is much different for other's lives.

textrue depends on the flavor, id say once you find the right flavor stick with it, cuz i get that flakey stuff and do not like it either.

but if your post was +1 or -1 to a comment, you'd get a +1 for commen sense on a board where so very little of it exists.

While I like the concept of the product (who doesn't want healthy ice cream?), the way Halo Top chooses to market it is extremely cynical and irresponsible. They deliberately encourage binge-eating with slogans like 'Don't stop until you hit the bottom', which ultimately does far more damage in the long run. Calories are calories,and moderation and exercise are the only reliable ways of burning them.

Halo Top aren't selling a health-product so much as an excuse for destructive eating habits. But hey, no one got rich by telling consumers to consume less.

What is the best flavor? Their chocolate tasted off to me. The cookies and cream (I think that’s the name of it) are okay. Mint chip was solid. But is there an agreed upon top 3 or something

kek

Come to Uncle Sandusky's Ice Cream Parlor where you will be screaming for this Ice Cream.

Wrong, that's about 300-400/serving and a pint has like 4 servings, so it's actually closer to 1200-1600 Kcals. Jesus fucking Christ, no wonder the western world is getting so fat. Most people really suck at estimating calories.

i thought the cookies and cream was awful. very disappointing because i was looking forward to trying it. it was the flakiest of them all. i do agree mint chip is good - i think that's the best one. i think chocolate chip cookie dough, peanut butter, and oatmeal cookie are good too. in addition to cookies and cream, i think black cherry, vanilla, and green tea mochi are losers.

Wrong, that's about 250-300/serving and a pint has like 4 servings, so it's actually closer to 1000-1200 Kcals, over half of a lot of people's allotted calories for the day. Jesus fucking Christ, no wonder the western world is getting so fat. Most people really suck at estimating calories.

smores is really good

Mint chip is my favorite ice cream flavor and I wasn't disappointed by Halo Top's version of it. Damn, now I'm craving some, I think I'll pick some up next time I'm in the store.

just got done trying this for the first time. got the mochi green tea. pretty good and had little mochi bits in it. bit of a weird windex-like aftertaste though :/

I'd be willing to try another flavor at some point

O A T M E A L
A
T
M
E
A
L

cinnamon roll is ok too