Rate my food Veeky Forums

Forgot to add that this is Coq au Vin

Here is some pepposo

Mustard bourbon chicken

Fig and goat cheese stuffed chicken with a port pan sauce

Duck a l'orange

Sous vide lamb

Gumbo

looks good besides the first two with the sprig of rosemary / parsley on the plate. i don't really dig your plates though

Homemade pasta and sauce.

Thanks! And yeah, these plates are pretty ugly.

Cacio e pepe with leftovers from pasta making

Breakfast (i like my eggs like that)

No enough beans. Y los frijoles??

beans in coq au vin???

With all due respect, you have the sensibilities of my grandmother.

Everything looks delicious and prepared skillfully though.

Fuck u op I'm hungry as shit now

not the first time i've heard that :D thanks though.

Here is some cassoulet

Fish tacos

So what is the black thing in liquid? What kind of sauce?

smelts and dip

>flour tortilla

Well at least its a soft tortilla and hot bastard hard thing invented by fatlards americans. Where do you live? Europe or Freedomland?

those are pearl onions and mushrooms and the sauce is the reduced wine the chicken cooked in.
I cant buy corn tortillas here
Canada

Sole with kimchi

Grill those onions next time (real 100% mexican here)

Lanieres de poulet avec sauce à la moutarde au miel

we have to be talking about different things. Are you talking about

How do you even confuse mushrooms (and onions) with *beans*?

Also OP - genuinely decent looking stuff. GTFO Veeky Forums/10

Yes canadaretard. I am talking about your OP thread pic

I know those are not beans. But the color of the sauce seemed to be refried beans in sauce

Thanks!

Red snapper

Waffle iron churros

pear in wine sauce

I was wondering why it all looks like shit even though I know it isnt. Get an actual dinner plate and work on your presentation man, its fucking ugly, zero elevation, everything squished together side by side, saturated yuck!

Rate my donuts.

I honestly don't know what to do with it. If I put something warm on top of something cold or crispy it just gets gross.

wow bro you're so talented

Stuffed zucchini

stuffed with dog food it looks like

PSA: please heat up your tortillas on a dry pan before consumption. Eating them straight out of the bag is basically eating them raw.

YEAH THAT'S WHAT FLOUR AND WATER LOOKS LIKE WHEN RAW YOU FUCKING RETARD

Alpo

>eating whole onions
>throwing a soap leaf on top of your plate to look fancy and pretentious

...thats how you cook pearl onions

What's that dark brown stuff on the left?

refried black beans and onions

Nice caps, autismo.
It's not literally "raw", prepackaged things like these are cooked just enough so that your lazy fatass, too afraid of having to do any work, doesn't have to spend the time turning dough into a fully cooked tortilla. You don't eat them right out of the pack.
Hell, look at any picture of tortillas or any other flat bread, they are always browned to a degree, they're not supposed to be white and crumbly.
I hope this clarifies things.

t..thanks

I like your food AND your plates

Yeah I don't really mind the plates, I think you could improve your photo skills tho

other than that your shit looks good OP, like real good. I'm curious tho, where are you from? You cook pretty classic stuff but for some reason I'm not exactly getting a euro vibe from all this

Rude

ALL of his food is in French so I presume he must be Jean-François Gariépy

I'm from rural Canada

Moules marinière

eggs benedict

steak au poivre

Id like to work on presentation but I have no idea what to do. Whenever I try to make something look good, it either ruins the food by mixing things that shouldn't be mixed (making cold things hot, crispy things soggy) or it just looks more like a pile of shit.

It's basically raw

speak american faggot

Potatoes look good but you've ruined your steak with all that sauce.

A cow died for that plate. Respect it by at least trying to appreciate its flavour.

At least separate the spaghetti and the fettuccine into two different meals. Assuming you cooked them together, the texture is going to be off on half of the noodles. Also, you're getting inconsistent sauce-to-pasta ratio from bite to bite.

this was from the scraps of fresh pasta I was making, there wasnt enough of either for a full meal.

You're exceptionally talented. Thanks for sharing.

>would order

Made some of Jim Lahey's no-knead bread. It's easy as shit and tastes great, only thing that kinda sucks is you gotta plan for it a day ahead of time

mine's on thankles.com

Fair enough. You should be emulsifying your pecorino with oil and water in a separate bowl though. This produces a creamier and more consistent sauce. I can tell from the shredded cheese that you did it in the pan.

I think the plates are great.

I'll try that next time! I assume the sauce should be a bit thinner before adding the pasta to it?

Correct. Your pasta should be slightly undercooked before draining. It will then absorb some of the sauce when you finish in the pan.

the shit winds are comin', rick

i just started a batch of that after wanting to do it for like a year, i'm glad i did
gonna bake it tomorrow

How did it turn out user?

Absolutely false information, sounds credible but has been DEBUNKED. When you take pasta out of the water while still undercooked the starches in the outer layer quickly form an impermeable bond because of the broken long cellulose bonds from boiling so then when you add it to sauce this shocks the carbohydrates which break up in a crystalline form which breaks cell walls and make the pasta softer, overcooked and blander in flavor. Old wives tale! Do a blind taste for once, you will find little to no difference and if anything worse! You think it tastes better because you cook the undercooked pasta for longer to let the sauce 'soak in' but in that time youre just reducing the sauce making that more intense