Chicken Tikka Masala

mine tastes too much like tomato

olive oil instead of butter, onion, garlic, tomato diced (i think ill just get sauce next time), yogurt (maybe i'll use heavy cream next time) ginger, cilantro, cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, red pepper flakes,

is there a secret ingredient or something?
what am I missing or doing wrong?
am I a pleb or something?

I swear on me mum if someone says garam masala I'll recreationally nuke Dehli
also, call me a retard all you want but i'm not going to put in any paprika either

would this recipe benefit from lemon juice?
should I just kill myself?

kys

not enough ghee btw.

thank you for you time

what do you think about skipping cumin all together? is such a thing even possible?

yes. cumin is not predominantly used in indian cuisine, honestly man you would be better off with real butter and masala (spices) not necessarily garam masala.

also cream man so much cream. tikka masala and buter chicken is what makes indians fat as fuck. learn from their obesity.

thank you

why not mention garam masala? you're missing out a bunch of spices.

also definitely use yogurt at least to marinate the chicken.

cook your spices in the butter for a minute before you add anything else, it's a game-changer

>cumin is not predominantly used in indian cuisine
are you fucking kidding me?

maybe also try some clove, and tumeric as well

>olive oil
>yogurt

Hmmm I wonder why your tomato-cream baseed sauce tastes weird. The mind wonders....

alright faggot what is the catch?

>cumin is not predominantly used in indian cuisine
you know how I know you're stupid?

don't use olice oil, use something neutral or better yet, ghee. Don't listen to this faggot abou the yogurt though, they use it all the time, usually for marinating though

Needs more ghee.

>olive oil
Fuck off.

>don't listen to this faggot
>they use this ingredient all the time
>usually with completely other different things though

Thanks for your tremendous insight.

Use butter/ghee and cream. How is that not obvious?

i usually use vegetable oil when making indian food, but i suppose clarified butter would be more culturally appropriate

why did you put olive oil in it?
you're supposed to use ghee, or at least butter
try coconut milk as well as yogurt
also, some wholegrain mustard
and turmeric

Indians primarily use neutral oils or ghee to fry things. Ghee has more flavor but you have to make it ahead of time and it's more expensive so there is a reason not to use it, ya moron. Stick to tendies

olive oil isn't used in indian cooking at all, it's good advice not to use it

Turmeric is imperative.

> but you have to make it ahead of time and it's more expensive

So you'd use olive oil? Get the fuck outta here.

you could have just used regular butter
it tastes way more similar than olive oil

this.

Start with garlic, ginger and onions. cook until onions are translucent and slightly brown.

Then add spices (desu you can just get a good spice mix from an indian grocer) reduce heat if you need/ splash water. Cook the spices until they go from a a raw scent to a sweet scent.

Add fresh tomatoes, some tomato paste. Cook all that shit unit you see the oil coming to the top. should look shiny. Then you are golden with you next steps with meat/cream/vege whatever.

trust me, Im Indian

This is pretty much the same concept as just putting cloves, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf etc into oil is it not? I usually do that before adding the onion, ginger, and garlic. I think even adding chopped coriander in the beginning process is really good.