Too much eggs?

Because of my restricted diet (crohns) I've basically been eating two eggs every morning for breakfast for the past few months. I started buying cage free shit because of how much I eat. Am I going to give myself a cholesterol heart attack? I'm 140lbs 5'8 and last time I was at the doctor my blood pressure was normal on the lower end

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/S0021-9150(12)00504-7/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15677909
wjgnet.com/1007-9327/full/v16/i20/2484.htm
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.549.6029&rep=rep1&type=pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3900007/
circ.ahajournals.org/content/circulationaha/108/22/2757.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only if you already have cholesterol issues. Even then, two eggs are around 360mg and 'limit' is around 300. Not a big deal.

Probably, but why are you even concerned? Do you really want to live a life with Crohns?

Cholesterol alone has absolutely no link to cardiovascular disease so you should be fine.

Eating eggs doesnt fix my crohns, its just one of the few things left i CAN eat. I was just concerned that eating up to 14 eggs a week would be bad for me

You're too pure for this board if even though you have Crohns you didn't see that was implying it wouldn't be a bad thing to die early from high cholesterol

I eat 2 eggs a day too, I dont think its the worst thing you can eat.

Eggs are a legitimate superfood, look it up.

>Am I going to give myself a cholesterol heart attack
yes. stop eating those things.

oh shit now i see what he meant. well i've been in a flare up for over a year so another form of early death wouldnt be so bad

What else do you eat? I got crohns too my asshole is rekt with fistulas and abcesses relly hurt to poop which i do 5 times a day

how do you fix the fissues? my doc gave me nitroglycerin cream to put down there. but the rectal pains are so bad im scared to poop most days.

my daily diet consists of
2 eggs
2 toast (white bread)

lunch: deli ham on white bread with mayo+olive oil
4-5 nilla wafers

dinner:
salmon fillet cooked in the oven
water

Eggs are great, but if you're going through them that fast you should consider getting a few chickens. It's surprisingly cheap to keep them going and the quality is unmatched.

Tramadol and sit baths for the anal pain.

Is it the low fibre diet that wrecks your ass?

Eggs aren’t that bad for you unless you already have cardiovascular issues. The study cited in this article says one a day doesn’t really increase your risk.
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/

I eat at least 6 a day, a max of 8, and have done so for the last 2 years. Normal BP, heart rate, everything. Don't stress a thing my man.

i heard high fiber will destroy you. I've been staying away from anything fibre related

You'll have to work with them twice a day like any other "pet" though, and they stink kinda bad.

>zero fiber in your diet
>wonder why you have digestive issues
gosh it's a mystery
must be "genetics"

>Doctors and nutritionists may recommend a low-fiber diet (avoid whole-wheat and whole-grain products and unrefined flours) for those having a flare-up, healing after surgery, or experiencing bowel narrowing due to inflammation or scar tissue.

>"may"
>just lists no grains or flours
>says nothing about that guy's complete lack of fibrous fruits or vegetables

And besides, let's be honest here: doctors are retarded. They don't even know what causes Crohn's and you expect them to know how to cure it? Check this shit out, you dummy:

>Crohn's disease affects about 3.2 per 1,000 people in Europe and North America. It is less common in Asia and Africa. It has historically been more common in the developed world. Rates have, however, been increasing, particularly in the developing world, since the 1970s.

That is a textbook case of a disease caused by diet. Only found in Western nations with low fiber, high meat diets, rare in Asian and African countries with traditionally high fiber, low meat diets, and increasing in prevalence in Asian and African countries as they have begun to adopt Western dietary habits in recent decades.

>Is it the low fibre diet that wrecks your ass?
For the vast majority of our evolutionary history, we were eating massive amounts of fiber by today's standards. 70g or more a day, easily. Your digestive system evolved to and expects to have large amounts of fiber to aid it and the vast, vast majority of Western digestive issues can be fixed by eating more fiber from real food sources (aka not just eating fiber pills of powders).

Shut the fuck up, retard

atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/S0021-9150(12)00504-7/abstract

Hey get some detoxadine it's iodine it will clear your Crohn's they stopped adding iodine to breads and most food and replaced it with potassium bromine which inhibits iodine. I had a doctor say I had crohns but I wasn't having issues down there I went to endocrinologist and I had an little to no iodine in my system. Eat as many eggs as you want I eat 5-8 eggs a day eggs are high in HDL the good cholesterol I get tested every 4 months due to being keto and my shit is better then what it was 2 years ago. Sugar mixed with fats is major factor in a heart attack and high blood pressure

>doctors are retarded and I am smarter than them
>proceeds to use ecological correlations and appeal to nature fallacies to justify his position

The cholesterol in your blood is NOT the cholesterol you ate...

>appeal to nature fallacies
Why do people insist so fucking hard on misunderstanding what this means? Do you honestly not understand the fallacy or are you just being disingenuous? When we're talking about the optimal fiber levels in the human diet, referencing the type of diet your digestive system evolved to process is not a fallacy. It's not even remotely close. It definitely does not mean "if someone mentions nature in an argument then they've committed a fallacy".

And yes, doctors are retarded when it comes to nutrition. Ask your doctor how much time he spent studying nutrition in medical school. He will tell you either "extremely little" or "none".

>gee whiz, surprisingly the advent of GMO's and grains saturated in herbicides and pesticides, let alone the raw factory farmed GMO grain fed meat injected with a sodium solution and 5 petroleum derived chemicals is correlated with a growth of allergies, IBS, Chron's, etc.
Stop bitching and accept your pig trough slop like a good worker.

So what is your argument exactly? Evolution isn't some pixie that intentionally and always selects what is optimal.

>And yes, doctors are retarded when it comes to nutrition. Ask your doctor how much time he spent studying nutrition in medical school. He will tell you either "extremely little" or "none".
Great goalpost shift.

I've been eating two eggs and toast for breakfast every day for a while now, and dinner is usually a bowl of noodles, and sometimes I add a hardboiled egg to that. Is that going to kill me?

Alright buddy listen here, I eat eggs ok. I do. I have a few a week.
But I know a fuckin slimy kike from Big Egg when I see one.

Once a day is fine, but they do smell like rotting, yeasty, pasty shrimp if you let their shit get out of control

Fellow crohny here, but I am also vegetarian.
I spent 10 months just eating quick oatmeal, white rice, cheese, potatoes with butter, and tofu every day with few exceptions. Now I'm on Humira, so I can eat wheat now without diarrhoea, and I am still experimenting to see what I else can eat. Strange for a vegetarian to have to avoid fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and legumes.
I encourage you to seek out an alternative to eggs if you are concerned. If a vegetarian can make it, then so can you!

>So what is your argument exactly?
My argument is extremely simple and I've already explained it but since you seem a bit slow: your digestive system evolved to process large amounts of fiber on a regular basis. It does not function nearly as effectively without this fiber because it was built by evolution to use this fiber for moving food through the digestive system at the optimal rate, feeding beneficial gut bacteria, etc.

I honestly don't understand your inability to comprehend this. It's like if I were to say, "No, you shouldn't feed cats a vegan diet because they are carnivores and they evolved to eat a diet that consists almost entirely of meat" and your response to this was "lol appeal to nature".

>Great goalpost shift.
So you're just one of those guys who thinks that if he consults his list of "logical fallacies and argumentative errors" and namedrops the one that sounds vaguely appropriate, he automatically wins? Again, that is not what shifting the goalposts means. I said that doctors are retarded and when you questioned it, I offered you a specific example of a way, relevant to the topic at hand, in which doctors are retarded. I can provide you others, if you like. For example: medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the U.S. Doctors are retarded.

Quick, tell me what fallacies I committed this time!

Not the user whereto you replied.
I have Crohn's disease. You have no idea what you're talking about. Leave prescription to the gastroenterologists who spend their entire lives on it. Then again, people stupid enough to listen to you on this board and act against the doctor's advice deserve the consequences.
I'll just say this: one fundamental point of Crohn's is that the body can't digest the fibres properly, leading to damaged intestines (I was shown pictures of bloody scratches and white scars on mine), damaged anus, and gas and diarrhoea from bad gut bacteria eating the undigested fibre.

I guess you got me. The guy I initially replied to whose main dietary staples are white bread and nilla wafers is obviously on the optimal diet.

One fundamental point of Crohn's is that it's an inflammatory bowel disease. Your intestines are damaged because your immune system attacks them as a result of chronic inflammation. And what diets do we know have been clinically proven to reduce inflammation? Ones low in animal foods and high in plant foods which, guess what, also happen to be high in fiber.

You want to talk about bad gut bacteria? You mean the kind that feed off simple carbohydrates like white bread and nilla wafers? Or would you like to have more of the good gut bacteria, the kind that feed off plant fiber? It's not a tough puzzle man, put the pieces together. If I had an inflammatory bowel disease you'd better believe I'd be going out of my way to find the least inflammatory diet possible and I don't want to spoil the surprise or anything but is the opposite of a diet that will reduce inflammation.

Keep listening to that doctor who can't even tell you the cause of your disease though, hope they don't have to chop off too much of your intestines.

Just don't fry them in oil or butter and you should be good. Poach them in water and vinegar or boil them instead.

You're pulling Dunning–Kruger in the most typical way possible. If you seriously believe what you write, then it is an alarming discovery, because doctors all around the world are recommending low-fibre diet for Crohn's patients- so I ask you to submit your findings and research to medical journals all around the world.
DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT DOCTORS ALL OVER THE WORLD HAVE OVERLOOKED SUCH A SIMPLE THING?
Zero- or low-fibre diet for a short period is fine for people experiencing flares. How do you think doctors came up with this advice in the first place? Because it's effective.
There are even some people who claim that you can avoid Crohn's symptoms entirely by avoiding fibre completely. One Crohn's sufferer wrote a book on it and debated a doctor on it, but I'm not going to pull up that debate transcript for you. I'm not saying he's right- my point is that people who suffer from Crohn's CAN FEEL when fibre is hurting them.
I used to eat A LOT of fibre, and had diarrhoea regularly. I reduced it significantly after being diagnosed, and I feel better now.
Yesterday, I had little bit of whole grain wheat for the first time in a long time, and I had massive pain and diarrhoea this morning.
I'm fine with soluble fibres, and other sources that have properties that reduce the inflamatory effect of insoluble fibres.
>And what diets do we know have been clinically proven to reduce inflammation? Ones low in animal foods and high in plant foods which, guess what, also happen to be high in fiber.
For people who can digest fibre properly. Crohn's people have CROHN'S DISEASE, which means that they CAN'T digest the fibre easily, and suffer as a result.
>You want to talk about bad gut bacteria? You mean the kind that feed off simple carbohydrates like white bread and nilla wafers?
Simple carbohydrates are digested quickly and not fed to the bacteria in the bowels. UNDIGESTED carbohydrates feed bacteria and produce gas and water for diarrhoea.
Just stop.

>DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT DOCTORS ALL OVER THE WORLD HAVE OVERLOOKED SUCH A SIMPLE THING?
No. I in fact think that many researchers have been studying and proving this very thing and your lack of knowledge in this area is sad and embarrassing. It's not even a debate topic for you. You are literally suffering in your private life because of how dumb you are. Isn't that sad? I guess we're going to have to bring out the citations, then:

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15677909
>foods high in sugar, animal fat, and animal protein increase risk of Crohn’s disease.

>wjgnet.com/1007-9327/full/v16/i20/2484.htm
>Lifestyle-related disease in Crohn’s disease: Relapse prevention by a semi-vegetarian diet
>Relapse rates at 1 year and 2 years were 0% and 8% in patients on semi-vegetarian diet and 33% and 75% in patients on an omnivorous diet.

So here we have one study showing what we should all already know but I'm sure you'd pretend you didn't: diets high in sugar (that includes simple carbohydrates like white bread and nilla wafers, not just candy bars), animal fat and animal protein not only cause inflammation in general but are also risk factors for developing inflammatory bowel diseases like crohn's. The second study is evidence of what any intelligent person would assume from the first: if diets with lots of simple carbs and animal foods cause inflammation and worsen inflammatory diseases, then diets without those foods (aka diet with lots of plants, which also happen to be full of lots of fiber) should reduce inflammation and improve inflammatory diseases.

And indeed, we see just that: a remission with a ZERO PERCENT relapse rate for the first year among people put on not even a full vegetarian diet, but one where they ate fish once a week and meat once every two weeks. If you can find better results from any other clinical trial, I'd love to see it. If not, please stop wasting my time with your anecdotes.

I do the low carb diet too and eat 4 eggs every day for breakfast. While my LDL is a little high, my triglycerides & HDL numbers are great. Triglyceride number is probably the most important.

Not all LDL cholesterol is equal either, apparently there are big fluffy ldl & super small ldl. the small ldl are associated with high triglycerides and heart problems.

I have it, too. I stopped eating bread and I'm starting to feel human again.

I'm not claiming that "white bread and nilla wafers" are an ideal diet. I'm not talking about causes of Crohn's Disease. I'm not talking about relapse.
Doctors recommend low-residue diet as a temporary relief against flairs. I explained how it works.
Of course, people should eat fibre as part of a healthy diet, but it's recommended to go without it short-term during a flair to avoid damaging your intestines.
White bread and nilla wafers are acceptable things to eat during a flair.
That's it.
I'm vegetarian. Vegetarian before symptoms worsened. Vegetarian when diagnosed. Vegetarian still. It's not reliable to correlate vegetarianism with fibre intake when most Crohn's patients are told to control their fibre intake, especially during flares.
Go ahead, submit your findings to medical journals worldwide, and let gastroenterologists know that they're doing it wrong.

Now this, if you're still here , this post is an example of moving the goalposts. Pay attention!

See how this guy and I were arguing about crohn's in general, the role of fiber, causes of inflammation, and that kind of thing? And I was finally forced to bring out the clinical trials and research papers to prove him wrong and as soon as I did, whoop, he wasn't talking about that after all. Nope, he was only talking about "flairs" so of course he wasn't proven wrong at all. He was arguing something different the whole time!

How is this moving the goalposts? Well, a simple control+f "flair" will show you that this post of his is the first time not just he but anyone in the thread ever uses the word. If it was the central point of his argument, why is he only now using it and pretending it was his argument all along? Because he knows he's wrong and he's moving the goalposts: pretending that a goal wasn't scored against him because, hey, the posts were actually on the other side of the field the whole time.

Isn't this nice? We're learning about inflammatory bowel disease AND logical fallacies at the same time.

I'll also add that specifically says that white bread and nilla wafers are his "daily diet", not something he eats to counteract flairs, so you're wrong twice. And with that I'll have to leave you since I have a daily limit to the amount of time I spend arguing with brainlets and we've FAR exceeded it here.

My mistake. It's spelled "flare". It's in this post you replied to with dismissal: which provided explanation for why is on such a strange diet.
Yes, you are correct. Flare-ups last less than a day, and he completely doesn't describe his flare-up symptoms in the same post.
I apologise for wasting your time.
>And besides, let's be honest here: doctors are retarded. They don't even know what causes Crohn's and you expect them to know how to cure it?
But hey, please submit your findings to the medical journals worldwide.

just only eat the whites and you get 0 cholesterol

Ask your doctor about the low FODMAPs diet.
Wheat (white bread wafers contains glutans (different thing from gluten), which is an oligosaccaride, which is one of the FODMAPs, and people with IBD/IBS don't digest FODMAPs well, but you have to test which ones give you trouble. As I hinted here , I found out that glutans gave me diarrhoea, so I avoided it until I started Humira treatments.
Try gluten-free (i.e. wheat-free) alternatives. But watch out for emulsifiers and gums like soy lecithin and xanthan gum that are present in most gluten-free food. They're not recommended for people with IBD.
Of course, there's also a small possiblity that it's gluten that's giving you trouble.
Good luck.

buy egg whites. fry one whole egg and a bunch of eggwhites.

replied to the wrong post, meant to reply to OP

You don't even read the study you linked, and you called some retarded, lol

If you're not overweight you don't have anything to worry about. Consuming cholesterol doesn't raise your cholesterol. That's a dead meme since people found out Harvard scientists were paid to say fat was bad and not sugar.

Too MANY eggs

I have colitis, was healthy and ate my vegetables all the time before it developed.
Now every vegetable causes my colon to get inflamed to the point where I shit blood and mucus just as some family before me.
OP must be fat though, right?

Lucky you still can eat eggs. My last colitis flare left me eating straight ramen and pasta in the bathroom. Even probiotic tea sent me straight to the crapper

damn sorry to hear that. how are you doing now?

Most tea have caffeine in it. Caffeine can be inflamatory for people with IBD. You should be careful.

There's plenty of easily researched studies on the cholesterol on eggs and they're not even bad for you. There's a bit of sodium that could possibly be bad, but everything has salt in it so just.. water and limit the rest of your sodium intake. Nbd.

eggs are proven to have 0 effect on cholesterol levels. Ive been eating 5 a day for years and never had a problem

last 3 months were absolute hell. been good for last week or so is almost normal, or whatever the hell counts as normal with this

i figured that out the hard way

>eggs will give you a heart attack
the 1950's have called and they want their science back

nigga I eat 6 eggs every single day without fail, I've been doing this for 6 months now and I genuinely feel better than ever before.
Eggs are great, man.

>eggs are proven to have 0 effect on cholesterol levels. Ive been eating 5 a day for years and never had a problem

Fats and eggs are perfectly fine, as long as you're eating the right fats.

Fuck the sugar industry and their 20 years of bullshit propaganda blaming fats for everyone's health problems when sugars are much more directly linked to heart disease and strokes, not to mention diabetes.

>6 months
pleb, i have been doing this for +10 years and i feel like shit if i don't eat six eggs with breakfast. If i want to supercharge myself I also include meat. Also so much this

even weightwatchers now don't count eggs as points
the meme that they are bad for you is slowly going away

If you have Crohns you're probably neither eating as much as a normal person would nor are you actually digesting the smaller amount as thoroughly as a normal person would, so I would guess you're at a lower risk for heart problems from diet in general.
A lot of this obsession over which foods to eat is just obese people trying to avoid the bigger picture issue which is *how much* you're eating.

at least make the right geez

>the
them

>yes pop the yolk

dietary cholesterol is not a determiner of serum cholesterol. serum cholesterol is a response to stress, either dietary stress like too much refined carbs, or other stress. relax. just fucking relax, motherfucker!!!!!

Positive outloook colostomy bag surgery user reporting in.

The last colitis thread was a blast. I suffered for years, became home ridden for 2 for two of them as I worked from home with my employer. Finally said fuck it and had the surgery. Lived with the bag on the hip. Had it reversed in Dec. I got my life back. I now volunteer at the hospital, talking to people who need to have it done but are scared. I get a phone call, we meet in the cafe or a room and we talk shit. It's great.

To those struggling with colitis, if you get the option, get the surgery. It'll be the best decision you make. I'll monitor this thread if anyone has any questions about it.

Where was the bag installed on you? My colorectal doctor and gastro doctor have discussed surgery with me. Id really like it to be temporary

Right hand side, full colon removal, just to the right of the bellybutton. I won't lie, it's crazy when you first have it but after a month it becomes so routine you don't even notice it's there. It doesn't hurt (unless it's leaking onto the skin and you gain a separation and even then, that's fixed in a couple of days) and you can dick around doing stuff. If you've been struggling for a while, you'll be astonished at the freedom it gives you. And the energy.

I had the reversal and had a Jpouch done, but they can fail over time and one day the bag may be permanent. After having one, I'm nowhere near as worried as I was before.

If you read the study, they say this may have been due to the lack of statistical power in finding a correlation between a specific high-cholesterol food in the standard American diet that's already high in cholesterol and that's already known to produce high rates of heart disease.

>eat as many eggs as you want I eat 5-8 eggs a day eggs are high in HDL the good cholesterol
Eggs don't have HDL, they just have cholesterol. HDL is a carrier of cholesterol that our bodies use to transport cholesterol.

>Consuming cholesterol doesn't raise your cholesterol. That's a dead meme since people found out Harvard scientists were paid to say fat was bad and not sugar.
Nope, dietary cholesterol does raise your cholesterol under most conditions.
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.549.6029&rep=rep1&type=pdf

So they removed your colon but it was still able to be temporary? Where was your crohns located? For me its in the descending and rectal areas of my large intestine

Yep. I had colitis which was in the rectum and up to the first bend. Very localised. They whipped it out, made a U bend out of my intestine, clipped it together, fastened a piece to the anus, then diverted everything from the intestine into a colostomy bag while it healed. A couple of months later I got the reversal.

Any problem spots during recovery? How was the first week/month?

>i eat twenty eggs a day im fine fug le sugar xD

Shills are getting worse everyday

>2009
That's so dated. The problem in this field is most people don't care about it, so there aren't many studies produced on this subject.

Here's something more recent, and most of the good studies actually conclude that there needs to be more research on it:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3900007/

The people that have G5 (ABCG5) polymorphisms are the only ones to respond dietary cholesterol.

Yeah use a hyperbole that has nothing to do with this discussion.

I will never sugar coat this because I knew nothing about what I had to face in the first week. Your main enemy isn't the bag. It's the surgery itself. It will fuck you up in a way you've never imagined. I was so focused on the bag for years that the surgery was an afterthought. The first week will be you full of tubes, gradually being pulled out. The worst is the stomach drain but when that's removed you'll be able to move freely again. You will be in pain. You will not be able to move most times. You won't even be able to empty the bag. I had a build up of stomach acid which was too much for my body and needed a tube down the nose and it being drained off every half hour or so. Very common apparently.

As soon as you pass that first week, you're laughing. I was out in 14 days - sore, needing rest of course, but out. I was fearful of the stoma itself - it's your guts on the outside after all. I didn't want to look at it. But you get used to the process cleaning it, swapping bags. changing a bag went from half hour to 5 min at most. I gained separation - when acid irritates the skin around it. Just got a cream and healed up very quick. That was the worst thing I had. Here in the UK you basically have a site you order your supplies from - bags, rings, cleaning supplies, etc and it's delivered to your door. No fuss. Free.

Psychologically the surgery took something from me I'll never get back. But in its place, I gained something stronger.

Forgot to say by the first month, I felt like a new man. I had energy I've never had before. It was the best thing I ever did. Wish I did it sooner.

>That's so dated
That's literally not an argument. Since when has valid science ever been null because "its old"?

>in this field most people don't care about it, not enough studies
What complete bullshit, you're just regurgitating the article you just posted

>Relativity of cholesterol and atherosclerotic progression
circ.ahajournals.org/content/circulationaha/108/22/2757.full.pdf

>Cholesterol consumption increases susceptibility to oxidation
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684

>Reduction of saturated fat and cholesterol reduces LDL cholesterol
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/

>please indulge every single one of my momscience blog posts!!!

How do you have a probiotic tea? Wouldnt the boiling water kill everything?

shit man, that surgery story scares the hell out of me. ive only had to stay in the hospital once, for 5 days just so they could give me some IV steroids. Having tubes shoved up every oriface and pains sound awful. Does someone have to wash you too since youre there for a week? I really dont want surgery but if stelara doesnt work that maybe all i have left...

>That's so dated
That's not how science works.
Anyway, from paper
>Early work suggested that dietary cholesterol increases plasma total cholesterol concentrations in humans.
>Over the past 10 years there have been a limited number of studies addressing this issue. Striking among these studies is the high degree of variability in background diet, subject characteristics and study design
So when the majority of research was done on dietary cholesterol, it indicated that it increased LDL, while the few studies in the past few years that contradict that are methodologically flawed.

The article explains the design of these newer studies. They're RCTs that, in addition to egg feeding, including intentional weight loss by changing the rest of the diet, or add in exercise, whereas the papers cited in the previously posted meta-analysis are direct metabolic lab feeding experiments. Interestingly, the funding sources of these poorly designed RCTs comes from the American Egg Board.

All of your shit is dated, and yes it is an argument because I posted, not an article, but a study about multiple studies that have more relevance than anything you posted. If you want to go through all the studies it cited you can, but there are ones that say there needs to be more studies on this subject. You clearly don't understand how research works, so just understand newer research can prove older research wrong.

All your dated studies don't control for people in subgroups, so I don't see how they matter anyways.

This is why there are all these new articles about saying how old research is misguided, and that sugar is linked to diseases. Just because you have research on how a food item affects a general population doesn't mean you have proven anything. That's why it's called research.

>everything you post is momscience and everything I post are immaculate Noble prize worthy studies >:(

> it is an argument because I posted, not an article, but a study about multiple studies that have more relevance than anything you posted
Different guy here, I posted the meta-analysis in this post Your study talks about the findings of a few studies, my study compiles the data of dozens of studies.
>just understand newer research can prove older research wrong.
Only if they're comparable study designs and make use of knowledge not previously known that led to flawed data collection. A new study isn't necessarily better just because it's new, and you certainly can't just ignore older research altogether. You compare data to find an answer, you don't throw data away as soon as more comes in.

Oops, meant the meta-analysis in this post

Listen to me, friend. I have seen things you can't imagine in hospital. I won't tell you them. I won't tell anyone them. I went through hell just to get to the point of being accepted for surgery. I've had it all - every pill, self injection, day ward biologic infusions and I had nothing left to go for. Nobody wants surgery. Nobody wants the crazy happen and when it does it doesn't feel real. I don't know what you've done in your life but I can guarantee it'll be the hardest thing you'll face. I don't say this to scare you. I say it in the hope that you'll rid yourself of the fear beforehand. Even if you're on the trolley and you have tears in your eyes from worry, it's so you can say "okay, let's do this" and live the next part of your life.
My tube list:
Epidural
2 IVs
Stomach drain
Rectal drain
Catheta
When you've done the surgery, a bag on the hip is pretty mundane to deal with.

I don't know you user. You're just some random person who I've spoken to over a common topic but you should know that if you do this, I believe you're strong enough to beat it.

Yes, that is how science in the field of research works. Most of these studies have flaws, because they don't control for subgroups, unlike what I posted.

>So when the majority of research was done on dietary cholesterol, it indicated that it increased LDL, while the few studies in the past few years that contradict that are methodologically flawed

What are you talking about? It's saying the complete opposite. Your confirmation bias is strong.

You're terrible at interpreting data. Your study uses data from RCT's. There is no funding coming from the American Egg Board. Are you just making stuff up now? I don't understand why you think meta-analysis of RCTs make it better just because of the controlled environment. Just because they contradict what you think doesn't make them poorly designed lol.

>Since when has valid science
>That's not how science works.

not him but
>any form of life """"""science""""""
>reproducible data in repeated studies
pick one

They're roughly the same with cited sources, and the number of cited studies don't matter. Again, what matters is what specifically is looked at. Those studies don't take into account for subgroups of people skewing the results.

A new study is more likely to have a better design, because there wouldn't be a logical reason to do the same exact study. Therefore, most new studies probably look at old research and improve upon it. I understand old research can be useful, but more than likely it isn't.

Did they put those tubes in while you were unconcious? How were you able to eat after?
Did they remove the tubes while you were awake?
I guess I should get the worries out of my system now, and reading stories like yours help, its good to be blunt instead of reading those sugarcoated webmd descriptions

>Yes, that is how science in the field of research works
It absolutely isn't. You don't throw away all previous data when you get new data. If a new study comes out, that's just more data to look at, not inherently a replacement.
The study I posted and the study you posted aren't even looking at the same study design. What I posted looked at metabolic ward studies, which are the ideal study to test the effects of an isolated dietary component like dietary cholesterol (and also did talk about genetic differences, so yes it included subgroups). Your study looks at RCTs that involve many other factors that influence cholesterol levels. It's of no use to the question of "does dietary cholesterol effect blood cholesterol?" because that's not strictly what they looked at.

And yes they had egg industry funding. Look at the individual studies they referenced.
Pic is the first study in the list.

>A new study is more likely to have a better design
In this case they didn't.
>because there wouldn't be a logical reason to do the same exact study
Research says dietary cholesterol raises LDL, increasing risk of heart disease. Egg industry responds by funding research using different methods that make it more likely that eggs won't look harmful, like including eggs in a diet alongside a weight loss and exercise trial. This is a common thing in research, as people have agendas and biases.

Lad I eat 6 eggs every morning for 3 years.

Dietary cholesterol has no effect on blood cholesterol.
But it does have an effect on hormone levels, it increases them.

Thanks, Dr. Broscience

All except the IV and epidural is put in while you're under anaesthetic.
They're all taken out when you're awake. Epidural, you feel nothing. Stomach drain, you'll feel something but it's just a little uncomfortable.

Eating normally is encouraged but for me - I didn't eat anything for a few days as I didn't feel like it, plus I was a little out of it. When you get your appetite back, you'll eat like a horse. Then the stoma begins to do its thing and it becomes a buddy cop movie with you and your stoma.