Whats the Veeky Forums recommended rice cooker?

whats the Veeky Forums recommended rice cooker?

Other urls found in this thread:

zojirushi.com/app/product/nszcc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

emmm, i've used a pot for 20 years. makes good rice, why do you need a fancy rice cooker unless you make like 10 pounds of rice everyday.
1 part rice, 2 parts water, salt & pepper. cook with lid on till the water's gone. no fancy shit, just good rice.

just use a pot you fucking idiot

but i want a rice cooker

Don't listen to morons.

Get a Zojirushi, Tiger, or Cuckoo.
Spend at least $70
Don't spend more than $300 unless you're an Asian family of 10.

Thank you for the advice. I live alone so I just need a small one. I'll look into those brands!

well buy one then, i really can't understand why people buy useless stuff like that when a simpler option is readily available and easy to work with .. you'll realise that when that gigantic gadget's going to gather dust in your pantry.

I use my rice cooker several times a week, some people eat rice more than you.

Hell, there have been days i've made rice more than twice in the same day.

>buying cuckoo
>putting rice in it, timer ends then you open it to find pasta in there

No

yeah, we eat lots of rice several times a week. my gf wanted one, she said it's going to make thing easier for all of us that cook at home .. well, short answer, it didn't. we used it maybe 3 times and threw it back in the pantry where it's still sitting rotting away. the good ol pot is bigger, faster & easier to clean.

Dumb antirice niggers.

I prefer the fuzzy logic cooker since I have a shitty stove.
Unless I watch the rice like a hawk, stir it, adjust temps, and fiddle with it I always get burnt rice on the bottom.

With a fuzzy logic cooker, I just put it all in and press a button, then focus on the rest of the meal.

I don't care about rice cookers but that's a recommended anime.

zojirushi.com/app/product/nszcc

like all japanese things it is programmed to feel guilt

I use the same Zojirushi I spent $120 on in 2006.
It still works just as well as it did then, consistently.
Get a fucking Zoji

Instant Pot

Does not cook rice.

genuinely recommend you look at some documentaries or studies on rice cookers
unless you're spending $200 USD+ there is no real point in using it over a stovetop pan

>unless you're spending $200 USD+ there is no real point in using it over a stovetop pan
Incorrect.
A $60-$150 fuzzy logic cooker will cook rice perfectly every time, better and more consistent than you ever could.

Zojirushi
Tiger
Tatung

An electric pressure cooker is a multipurpose cooker that cooks rice better than a rice cooker. Just invest on one of them.

You can either pay $100 for a Japanese rice cooker that isn't complete shit or just use a pot and set the timer for 17 minutes.

what's some weird shit i can cook in a rice cooker?

Even third worlders can cook rice on an open fire without fucking it up.

I make rice with shitton of water and in the end I just drain all leftover water in the sink. I do this because there's no way to fuck it up + rice will never stick together, is there something wrong with what I do?

brown rice