What’s the most overrated ethnic cuisine?

What’s the most overrated ethnic cuisine?

sushi

Indian

sushi.
i credit /tv/ and Veeky Forums for showing me that sushi is the most overhyped overpriced restaurant food.

Mexican

French

Korean.
It's like low-rent Japanese food but soaked in chilies.

>crediting Veeky Forums for anything
You need to reevaluate your life, son.

Italian.

This.
Mexican food is just one dish presented in different ways.
>inb4 hurr durrr that's texmex
It's not that I don't like Mexican food, I do.
It's just the most overrated.

This
>hurr just drown everything in spices Sanjay

Texmex strictly improved mexican food in every way

Anything served in a restaurant is wayyyyy overhyped desu
The best food is made in a small kitchen at home, by someone preparing the food in small batches, surrounded by loving friends and family with laughter and care.

soul food

>surrounded by loving friends and family with laughter and care

Food should be thought of as fuel. I eat to keep living, not because I like it. Optimal nutrition is the only way.

Why should anyone think that way? I eat to satisfy hunger and for pleasure. I am fit and balanced and do not overeat at all.

fuck off Chloe, I'm on a diet!

Probably sushi. Don't get me wrong, good sushi is delicious, but it's really not all that superb.

Gayyyyyyy and autistic

Mexican and Italian

Kys

Isn't this chink committing cultural appropriation? That's our food, not hers!

also weeb sloppu shittu

Japanese without a doubt. It's good, but it's not the glorious bushido experience weebs/Japs make it out to be.

I'm surprised by people saying Mexican because I almost never hear anyone praise it. I think it's underrated if anything.

German cooking. I have sucj a massive hate boner for them. Bread, beer and sausages. That's it. The rest is disgusting slop only the chinese and maybe satan would eat.

English.

>OI M8 WOT IF WE PUT BUTTER AND GRAVY ON EVERYFING

Nice argument, faggot.

Why are you even here? Enjoy your soylent, soyboy.

This

Sushi is overrated by hipsters but the number of people who serve garbage italian is far greater

Sushi
> all that sauce
For what purpose?

What?

Korean food is nothing like Japanese food. You are an idiot.

I don't think you understand what overrated means.

french was overrated around the 80s and 90s, then it fell out of favor and was generally replaced by japanese food. almost anything japanese that is served in the US is incredibly overrated. noodles are probably the only decent thing they have left.

i want to crack your head open like an egg, then scramble the insides and overcook it. then i will cover it in catsup, and promptly feed it to the dog.

>Mexican food is just one dish presented in different ways.

Objectively wrong. Mexico has a ton of regions with different foods and dishes.

It's Thai food, easily

>we put sugar in a savoury dish!
How unique and innovative.

Indian by far.

jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajjajajajajajajajajja

Mostly true

Pho.

Yeah no sorry I'm not into soggy noodles in bland broth. That sauce they give you with it is not enough to save it.

Japanese or Indian.

I have a relative who's been eating that stuff for 10+ years and still thinks it is so trendy.

I'm largely German and Polish myself and I can't stand German food.

>I learned all about Thailand through Happy Bowl and Google's search engine.

Indian. Easily Indian. I like Indian food, but most of it is 20 spices in large quantities designed to drown out the flavor of the food and water, and probably the scent of the people.

Do you guys think these cultures came up with their own unique foods totally on the premises of being pompous, and indulging in preconceived notions of social acceptance?

The Japanese and the Italians probably did. The French as well to a lesser extent.

Everyone else, no.

>The French as well to a lesser extent.

Are you cracked? French is incredibly underrated today

Yeah? What people still hype sushi? It has just been a normal thing about as exciting as a sandwich for most of this millennium.

I was watching a travel food show and the host went into this meat market and was getting excited for horse lung, bull testicles, and boiled sheeps head. I do not give a FUCK how good you can make those taste, i do not want to eat that shit at all.

Any Americanised dish.

so all dish's? you nigger

Americans ruin all food they "adopt".

>oh noes! it doesn't taste like shit anymore
>muricans ruin everything!
yup. we take the terrible right out and make that shit profitable.

This.

I disagree.
I really like Thai food.
I only get it from family owned restaurants.
And I don't think it gets nearly the hipster/woman hype that sushi does.

That said, I still like sushi just fine.

This has gotten a surge over hype in the last few years.

But hipsters need new things to drone on about.
So here we are.

Fuck off. This shit isn't clever.

Chloe is super cute

>overrated
your favorite cuisine
>underrated
your least favorite cuisine

Actually he’s right about the sugar, and justified for thinking it’s the most over-hyped, even if I don’t agree with him. You should probably not talk when you don’t know anything.

You tell ‘em, Dwight!

in denial of reality

>What’s the most overrated ethnic cuisine?

Mexican food, though I do like wet burritos.

I'm sure you'd like to but with your diet of nutritional shakes and multivitamins I doubt you could muster the strength without needing to take a nap afterwards. Stay mad.

Why don't they try selling some of those different dishes overseas? Might make a nice change from the minor variations on the same old slop they currently give the rest of the world.

Everything western

gay retards, you re just jelly. French and Italian are the best cooks, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Yeah but normally when you think stupid shit like this 9 times out of 10 you don't enjoy life, you don't actually understand nutrition, and worst of all, you don't even lift, faggot.

The biggest faggots in the world are the ones sitting around pointlessly lifting heavy objects instead of actual hard manual labor.

American food is definitely overrated.

>ignoring thousands of years of accumulated wisdom about cooking and what your body needs along with rich, cultural traditions surrounding food while ignoring modern techniques and taste experimentation from the world's leading chefs and probably not even keeping up with modern discoveries in food science and actual nutrition all because you're a picky eater

>thinks they're the one not in denial of reality

thai food

>The rest is disgusting slop
Examples?

This is a fallacy, nobody wants true ethnic asian food, for instance. Only the most dishonest souls who will even signal with their diet.

+1000
just shitty barbecue somehow made into black culture

British food

Mexican is one of the most underrated since Amerilard drumpfers like you think it's all slop a shit burritos with hamburger meat and cheddar.

Gebackenes Blut
Heringssalat
Grünkohl
Bremer Knipp
Schmalz, who the fuck makes a fat sandwich? fucking disgusting
Zungenwurst
Sülze
Soleier
Hawaiian toast
Handkäs mit Musik
Rollmops
Milbenkäse

>doing hard manual labor for 8+ hours a day as a wagie
>doesn't want to do mentally stimulating shit in an air conditioned office
You're the bigger faggot

hummus is really overrated

Probably Italian/Mexican, putting tomatoes and peppers in everything wow.

All food's just shite. It's either sweet, sour or salty, there, you've now eaten everything and you're still unhappy.

sushi or chinese

fuck you jap curry is good nigger

"French" cuisine does not exist, you stuîd American.
Litteraly dozens of regions of culinary traditions varying greatly from one region to another

Where are you from you stupid fuck?

Take a wild fucking guess

Hydrox are better.

This.

Nigeria?
Seriously though, quit being a pedantic fuck.

>you stuîd American
>stuîd
ok

Japanese or Indian

It's not like they're not good, they're just not god tier like thai or italian.

If you would stop typing like a fucking moron, people would take your opinion more serious.

pocky

>Hawaiian toast
googled that out of sheer curiosity... puked a little

It's just island pizza.

French, it's just a lot of butter and other fats

Mexican is the most underrated

...invented in Germany

Which is a landlocked island.

>who the fuck makes a fat sandwich
butter/mayo etc etc?

I'm surprised you didnt mention Mett though
but how can you hate Grünkohl