How does Veeky Forums prepare their rice?

how does Veeky Forums prepare their rice?

i'm getting tired of eating it with vegetables and soy sauce

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n10xBmqehik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

buy some MSG and make some fried rice
i can share my fried rice recipe here

Fried spam, runny egg, loads of shoyu.

You could add raw egg, I normally separate the whites and just use the yolk and it pairs well with soy sauce. You could also get some natto and eat it with that but I didn’t like it. I saw a kid at the grocery store with a whole bag of rice and a giant bottle of sweet chili sauce, so that could be good too.

Steamed and then drizzled with fish sauce. Served as a side item with kimchi. As part of gumbo or jumbalaya. Rice puddings. Rice dumplings. Toasted and crushed for flavoring hmong dishes. Sweetened, cooled, and mixed with coconut-milk for breakfast.

>jumbalaya
i know what im making tonight.

It's 10:30. Go to bed.

>timezones

go the the asian store and get some furikake. Sprinkle it on, cover with fried egg and bit of soy sauce. That's my breakfast like 3 days a week

rice tastes like garbage and is for dipshits, mainly

congratulations this is the stupidest thing i've read all day.

Yes plz.

Pan-fry a salmon fillet, then drizzle the juices over the rice before placing the cut of salmon on top. Add lemon juice to taste.

butter, salt, pepper

sesame/soy sauce
chicken stock
cooking oil
2 cloves of garlic
salt
eggs
msg powder

Fart on it

little bit of this or something like it, put in on rice straight up, it makes a meal

that looks, and sounds pretty appetizing

>soy

Either with salt, Cajun seasoning, or better than boulion. Sometimes a splash of evoo

Fuck off, please.

go away

Beans, different types, usually soak over night and saute them with onions spices whatever you want.

Plain with something really salty and meaty, almost too salty. A good rich curry.

It’s the contrast

Rice is boring because poor people shouldn't taste luxury.
it's natural balance in the world.

kys

I buy a habenero pepper and I'll add half a pepper to 250ml of dry rice before I throw it in my rice cooker. Add salt and lemon to it too. Or you can buy those cheap Mexican chicken boulyawn cubes

>fish sauce

Polish out starch and rinse in cold water til the water gets fairly clear, bring to a boil then put the lid on and set heat to low, continue until all the water is absorbed and rice is fully soft.

Then i eyeball a mixture of vinegar, sugar and salt and mix that in, something like a shot sized amount for two piled handfuls of rice.

Prefer gyoza sauce to shoyu

Just put it in my zojirushi

the sauce is made from fish body not fishes semen wtf is wronf with u

Mexican red rice.

I make several cups of medium roast coffee in my french press, under extract it to avoid bitterness but use very hot water to quickly get the acidity and tannins then put in a saucepan and add rice til you can just about see it through the coffee then bring to boil til all the liquid is gone and serve on top of flatbread and garnish with chives this is a traditional national dish in the netherlands :) we call it bruinrijstwonder

fish dont have semen, they have sauce.

i add some sauced up chicken and veges, if i dont have either i just add some plain yogurt

Get some seasoned rice vinegar, seaweed and some toppings and make sushi.

make some shrimp chili oil go go on it. just infuse oil with whatever method you normally use for chili oil, but first steep some shrimp shells in the oil overnight or longer then strain

shushi is overrated, smoked fish is infinitely better

>smoked fish
MYMAN

Cut half an onion, cut up chickin thighs. Crack 2 egg in a bowl and wisk.
In another throw in:40/50ml dashi with water, 1/2 tbsp: sake, mirin, little sugar, mix and put only this in the pan.

Start heat on mid/low. Add onion. Add lid and shimmer for 2/3min.
Then add chicken thighs and shimmer with the lid in 3min takes till the chicken is cooked.

Add 1/2 of the egg, cover with a lid for 10 secs.

Add the rest. Cover again and trun off the heat. Serve right after by pouring over your rice.

Any curry
>cover meat in shitload of spices
>sear in fat and take out of the pan
>saute onions & veggies in spicy leftover drippings & fat
>deglaze with stock or some other flavor liquid
>add cream or coconut milk
>simmer till desired consistency

Rice is shitty and pointless. It was useful for sustaining primitive civilizations who frequently starved, but now food is plentiful so you don’t need to eat that garbage

>i'm getting tired of eating it with vegetables and soy sauce

I will NEVER get tired lmao

Anyway have you tried making Mexican red rice? I make it every time I make tacos or burritos.

Making the Egg for fried rice.

4 eggs
3 shakes of McCormick Curry powder
4 twists of fresh ground pepper

Beat eggs in a bowl, heat a nonstick frypan with a small amount of olive oil to coat. Scramble the eggs to done, not overcooked and reserve.

Making the Fried Rice:

2 cups of frozen veg thawed.
Rice from previous stage
Curried scrambled egg from previous stage
One ½ onion medium diced

Curry Paste:

3 tbsp olive oil
1 to 2 tbsp of chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp turmeric
1tsp ginger
2tbsp soy sauce

Take day old rice and pour 3 tbsp of olive oil or canola in its container and mix well. Coat the entire batch lightly. Put a small coating amount of oil in a big pan or wok and heat to high. Toss in the onion and leave it to brown. Toss it. Then add the rice and fry until warm, 2 minutes. Add veg and stir fry. Slowly add the curry paste and mix vigorously until uniform. Add the egg at the end and stir gently.

the only mexican rice ive ever had is the rice my mother makes and ive never been a fan of it so ive never tried to make it

i think ill try one of these days now that you mention it. any tips?

youtube.com/watch?v=n10xBmqehik

Take a look at this video, OP, I've remembered the tips from it and my friend rice has been on point since

bump for this

My mother does it with butter, curry powder i think, tiny pieces of pasta(in my country we call it cabellos de angel, idk how anglosaxons named them) and some ppl throw raisins in the mix.

They do though, whereas the girl fish grows a large bag filled with eggs in her tummy, the male fish grows a large bag filled with white milky cummies.

boil it with a chicken bouillon cube
mix with the orange curry spice and a piece of butter

t. poorfag pro

Yo I love friend rice.

I make garlic and herb shrimp from Schwann’s in a frying pan with a tablespoon of butter. Then pour that over plain white rice fresh off the rice cooker. The shrimp is good and the sauce on the rice tastes great.

I like to make plain white rice and mix ranch dressing into it, it's my shameful comfort food

Eat it with literally everything. If you get bored with white rice, cook it in a broth with onions, garlic, and spices. Throw it in soup or stew. Fry the leftovers. Pour a sauce or gravy on top of it. Rice is like bread. You can do pretty much anything with it.

My favorite preparations are Caribbean-style habichuelas guisadas (rice with stewed beans in a tomato-based broth), and arroz con gandules (yellow rice with pigeon peas). The key is to start with a good sofrito. Combine onion, garlic, cilantro, culantro, cubanelle or bell pepper, and ajies dulces (they look like habaneros but are generally sweet and have a nice earthy flavor). Dice finely and build in the pan or throw them in a food processer and save for later. Start with that (make annatto oil if you want, or you can use saffron or whatever), and use some spices like onion & garlic powder, oregano, coriander, cumin, and smoked paprika. This is your base and your seasoning. Depending on preparation, throw in a little tomato sauce and water with the beans, and some olives, capers, and S+P to taste.

rice, water, and stove. 1:1 ratio. boil and then let dry to cool down and absorb water.

wa la

2 cups uncooked rice
6 eggs
1lb bacon
salt to taste

Cook rice however you like cooking it.
Cut bacon into 3/8 to 1/2 inch strips, fry in pan until desired crispness.
Remove bacon to drain, reserve grease.
crack and cook 6 eggs however you like in same pan. I prefer to just scramble.
When eggs are done, add bacon and rice.
Add bacon grease, very little at a time. I usually just wet the spatula and mix for a few minutes. You want. The rice to have a slight sheen to it.
Add salt to taste. This is usually a slightly generous amount.

Breakfast Rice. Its so hard to eat just one bowl...

Caribbean style rice and peas boy. Bonus if you make something with a grave to serve on top of it.

Forgot pic

Rice pilaf - saute onion, garlic, red pepper in butter or olive oil. Add sliced olives, chopped capers, and chopped parsley. Toss in hot cooked rice until everything is well mixed. Season with salt, pepper, hot sauce, and fresh lemon juice and zest.
This goes well with grilled chicken or fish, or for a cheap dinner, canned sardines or other canned fish and seafood like octopus.

My bad for taking forever, had to go to 4 different stores to find my favorite chips...

Okay this is how I remember my abuelita teaching me how to make it. I've made a few dietary changes since then so I haven't made it like this in years but this will always be my favorite version

Ingredients:

> 2 tbs Olive oil
>Sliced Onions (1/4 cup)
> 1 Garlic clove (chopped in two halves)
>1 1/2 cups of rice
>One tomato half (diced)
>Tomato sauce (1/3 cup)
>Salt (1/2 tablespoon)
>Pepper (1/3 teaspoon)
>Ground cumin (2 or 3 dashes)
> One half of Chicken and tomato boullion cube
>Small slice of bell pepper
>3 cups of water

1. Heat the olive oil on medium ( I like using a saucepan)
2.Stir fry the onions and garlic together for two minutes
3.Take out the garlic (and the onions if you don't like them in your rice)
4. Put the rice in and stir it a little until it's slightly browned.
5. Part the rice to make two even sides of rice on the saucepan.
6. On one half pour in the tomato sauce and on the other the diced tomatoes
7. Stir each side simultaneously but without mixing together until they soak in the rice (about 30 seconds) then mix together.
8. Put the boullion in and mush it a little bit so it will dissolve easier after the water is added.(the rice looks like rice paste at this point, if it looks dry add a little bit more tomato sauce)
9. Add the salt,pepper, and cumin and stir for a few seconds.
10. Pour in the water and turn the heat on high (not all the way tho)
11.Add the slice of bell pepper and boil uncovered until the water is almost all the way evaporated
12. Cover and turn the heat to low and when the water is gone remove from heat and let it sit for a little bit.
13. Fluff with fork
14. Listo!

(Sorry if this comes off autistic AF. I'm a newb and I'm phone fagging :( )

For breakfast, I frequently make a rice bowl. Rice seasoned with ponzu and togarashi (hot red pepper) topped with thinly sliced fried spam or sausages, 2 fried eggs, and a couple sheets of sesame toasted seaweed.

weeb

Actually, that's more Hawaiian, shortbus.

Arancini, boo. Or stuffed in vine/cabbage leaves.

>saute onion, garlic and chilis
>add chicken broth
>bring to boil and add rice
>cook rice
Thank me later

with pepper sauce and meatballs

pepper sauce with basmati rice is fucking GOD-tier. dunno why most people waste it on potatoes

you don't put salt in the water when it boils?
>boils it right away
doesn't it end up too sticky?

delet

>and soy sauce
>absolutely-disgusting.jpg
use tomato sauce

Le maymay.

>soyboi

Epic.