What's your favorite cocktail Veeky Forums?

What's your favorite cocktail Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I848r7IsS0s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whisky sour or gin fizz.

I drink like an old woman.

I'll add moscow mule to this.

Also I know this sounds very strange but I have all of these non-carbonated.

Negroni
Martini
White Russian

cocktails are for faggots and women.

Mug vodka.

Not rusty nails or martinis or whiskey sours or tom collinses

Pimm's cup mostly because it conjures great memories of day drinking in the summer.

Sazerac for pure flavour.

Lemon Drop

the glasgow because it's like a sazerac made by an insane person

Single malt scotch whisky.

French 75

Honorable mention to Pimm's Cup, Negroni and Gimlet

aviation

Ooh, Pimms cup is amazing.

Currently I'm on a maraschino kick, so it's The Last Word and Aviation. Both great.

But usually, anything with Gin in it. Greyhounds are good. Corpse Reviver is good too

Moscow Mule and White Russian. I love the taste of Kahlua so a glass of that on the rocks is fine by me too.

Gin and tonic. If I'm just having one or two lime is a classic and fantastic. If I plan on drinking a bunch I "muddle" a couple cucumber slices in the glass and drink it like that without the lime.

Dark n Stormy
Negroni
Aperol Spritz
Aviation
Clover Club

kilju

I'm a beer guy but on the occasion that I get a mixed drink, I like Kamikazes.

Depends on the mood, really. If I want something light and refreshing East Side Rickey all the way. Something more booze forward a Rusty Nail (preferrably with an Islay Malt scotch, using a blend is too sweet for me) or Old Pal. Gordon's or Oaxacan Breakfast is great on Sundays if I'm not in the mood for a Bloody Mary.

My favorite riff on a White Russian Imade for one bar I worked at involved subbing out Kahlua for .5oz one of three flavors of a liqueur made not too far from here (Damn Fine Coffee, Mocha, or Chocolate) and .25oz of Fernet Branca for a slight mint flavor. It was a cozy drink.

Scratch Moscow mule
Gotta make the ginger syrup fresh

Ginger syrup:
>Blend / grate / process 1/2lb ginger root alongside 2 Tbsp water
>Strain the juice, measure volume
>Add equal parts sugar and strained ginger juice
>Shake or stir until dissolved (less than a minute)

2::1 vodka to ginger syrup, with the juice of half a lime

my boyfriend made a drink that I'm sure has a name but we call it "Best Drink". It's 2 parts brady to 1 part lime juice to .5 simple syrup. It is so sour and sweet at the same time. it's almost energizing.

I recently had a mule made with mezcal instead of vodka, it was really great desu

Mandi?

Negroni all the way for me - perfect bittersweet balance, complex yet an easy sipper that has both heavy/dark and light qualities.

Also a big fan of a hendricks, pepper & cucumber GT, or Monkey 47 with many variations... Fentimans is my tonic of choice, find fever tree a little bland

Knob Creek over ice.

i really like amaretto sours but my go-to cocktail is 1 part gin, 1 part soda water, 1 part tonic, garnish with a slice or two of cucumber
if im out of beer i keep a bottle of moskovskaya in the freezer, usually to make an odd mix of soda water, cranberry juice, a shot of grenadine and a couple maraschino cherries

Dark n’ Stormy's

Negroni
Gin & Tonic

>lul, Aperol is 4 faggots.

I almost always stick to a simple gin & tonic. Maybe a Ramos gin fizz if I'm feeling fancy, or an elderflower collins if I'm really feeling fancy.

What's a good vermouth?

Also, holland gin cocktails are the tits
2 gin
1 simple syrup
1 maraschino liqueur
1-3 dashes bitters
stir over ice
squeeze half a lemon into it

Not really a saviour, I go for Martini.

Screwdriver with freshly squeezed OJ. Maybe a splash of lemonade for a little fizz.

with cocks

usa > india

Southside
Moscow Mule
Gin and Tonic is always good

The Sazerac is the perfect cocktail. Just complex enough without going overboard.

Nah, those are pretty good.

Noilly Prat is my go-to for dry. For sweet, I usually just go for Martini Rossi.

Mah nig.

Rum and coke, guess I'm a basic bitch.
Does irish coffee count?

A Hoboken Tucked Nipple. They call it a Botched Tit Job in Newark.

paperplane

This

youtube.com/watch?v=I848r7IsS0s

blanton's neat
>but thats not a cocktail
well neither is fucking your mouth raw

Cuba Libre.

I know it's just Rum and Coke with lime juice, but the lime makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE

thanks for the edgy post that somehow still taught me about something new

Crown and coke in a tub. One cherry please.

>What's your favorite cocktail Veeky Forums?

>gin tonic
>gin and tonic
>gin & tonic
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

those are long drinks! Not cocktails! Are you all fucking stupid?

Cointreau margarita or Manhattan are my go to drinks.
Old Fashioneds are good too

imagine getting mad over something like this

My favorites are G&T, Boulevardier, Old Fashioned, and Dirty vodka martinis

If i'm trying to get drunk really quick I usually do rocks margaritas or vespers

probably Cuba Libre
dont like cocktails much though

Tequila soda

Dark and Stormy, but I'd have to be pretty drunk/comfortable to order one at a bar.

Ramos gin fizz when I have all the ingredients
Old fashioned is my staple though

Can I make my vermouth last longer by premixing cocktails?

>Jigger tanqueray
>Jigger Jameson
>Jigger Cilantra and Lime Vodka
I call it windex. It tastes like windex. 0 burn and no gag so you can suck it down like water as long as you can get past the taste of windex.

Gin, limr juice, water.

Pink Gin is great for being so simple, and with a Martini you can't go wrong
Today i'll be treating myself with self made Mojitos

A buddy turned me onto the Toronto recently and it's quickly become a favorite. It's ridiculously balanced for how much of the drink is comprised of dry/bitter ingredients:

>2oz rye (I use Sazerac)
>.25oz Fernet
>.25oz simple syrup
>2 dashes bitters
>Stir
>Serve on the rocks, preferably one large ice cube

>White Russian
>With Fernet

Holy mother that sounds delicious.

Do I use white or brown sugar for an Old Fashioned?

Does Scotch & water count?

Moscow mule, clamato Caesar, Cuba libre

I got my hands on Havana Club 3yo & 7yo last time i was in BC, its legit.

That depends on personal preference, if you prefer the drink to have a more molasses-y flavor. Try making a simple syrup with each and test 2 of them against each other.

How come?

irish/moscow mule

My dad used to spit them into my mouth before he'd deep kiss me, and I don't want the bartender to see me get an erection from a drink order

You posted it. That or beer + limoncello.

Gin-Tonic

What are the best cheap alcohol cocktails. Was going to the store in a few minutes

i like making whiskey sours at home. simple syrup is easy to make, and you can use concentrated lemon juice instead of juicing fresh lemons.

a bit sweet, sour, and whiskey of course

oops im dumb

Makes sense senpai.

Dark & Stormy

Dirty gin martini with a good helping of olives.

The drier the better.

Mules are so damn refreshing.

Is any mixed drink considered a cocktail? I'm a n00b at drink terminology.

Mint Julep
Moscow Mule
Dark and Stormy
Rum and Coke
I'm a man of simple tastes.

technically, when used to refer to any generic alcoholic mixed drink, cocktail may mean any beverage that contains two or more ingredients if at least one of those ingredients contains alcohol.

When a mixed drink contains only a distilled spirit and a mixer, such as soda or fruit juice, it is a highball; many of the International Bartenders Association Official Cocktails are highballs. When a cocktail contains only a distilled spirit and a liqueur, it is a duo and when it adds a mixer, it is a trio. Additional ingredients may be sugar, honey, milk, cream, and various herbs.[1]

Etymology
The origin of the word cocktail is disputed. The first recorded use of cocktail not referring to a horse is found in The Morning Post and Gazetteer in London, England, March 20, 1798:[2]

Mr. Pitt,
two petit vers of "L'huile de Venus"
Ditto, one of "perfeit amour"
Ditto, "cock-tail" (vulgarly called ginger)

The Oxford English Dictionary cites the word as originating in the U.S.[3] The first recorded use of cocktail as a beverage (possibly non-alcoholic) in the United States appears in The Farmer's Cabinet, April 28, 1803:[4]

Drank a glass of cocktail—excellent for the head...Call'd at the Doct's. found Burnham—he looked very wise—drank another glass of cocktail.

The first definition of a Cocktail by Harry Croswell
The first definition of cocktail known to be an alcoholic beverage appeared in The Balance and Columbian Repository (Hudson, New York) May 13, 1806; editor Harry Croswell answered the question, "What is a cocktail?":

Cock-tail is a stimulating liquor, composed of spirits of any kind, sugar, water, and bitters—it is vulgarly called bittered sling, and is supposed to be an excellent electioneering potion, in as much as it renders the heart stout and bold, at the same time that it fuddles the head. It is said, also to be of great use to a democratic candidate: because a person, having swallowed a glass of it, is ready to swallow any thing else.[5]

Etymologist Anatoly Liberman endorses as "highly probable" the theory advanced by Låftman (1946), which Liberman summarizes as follows:[6]

It was customary to dock the tails of horses that were not thoroughbred ... They were called cocktailed horses, later simply cocktails. By extension, the word cocktail was applied to a vulgar, ill-bred person raised above his station, assuming the position of a gentleman but deficient in gentlemanly breeding. ... Of importance [in the 1806 citation above] is ... the mention of water as an ingredient. ... Låftman concluded that cocktail was an acceptable alcoholic drink, but diluted, not a "purebred", a thing "raised above its station". Hence the highly appropriate slang word used earlier about inferior horses and sham gentlemen.

In his book Imbibe! (2007) David Wondrich also speculates that cocktail is a reference to a practice for perking up an old horse by means of a ginger suppository so that the animal would "cock its tail up and be frisky."[7]

Several authors have theorized that cocktail may be a corruption of cock ale.[8][9][10]

A long drink or tall drink is an alcoholic mixed drink with a relatively large volume (> 12 cl, frequently 16–40 cl or between 5–9 fluid ounces).[1]

A long drink will have a tall glass full of mixer, in contrast to a short drink which has less mixer. Short drinks are generally stronger since both types tend to contain the same amount of alcohol. Long drinks are therefore generally more dilute than short drinks.

A classic long drink is a Tom Collins. A simple style of long drink is the highball, a cocktail composed of one liquor and one mixer, (excluding garnish or ice). A classic example of the highball is the gin and tonic.

How 'dry' can a martini get before it stops being a cocktail and simply becomes straight gin?

By the way, does anyone here like drinking gin straight or on the rocks?

Negroni,
Gin&Tonic
Whiskey sour
Tom Collins
Black Russian

Man with quite simple taste

It's a guilty pleasure, but I've had fun with Irish Trashcans in the past.

Not exactly a cocktail for nightlife but Bloody Marys are a fucking godsend.

pimm's cup.

no

Vermouth has a pretty potent effect on gin, a little kiss of the stuff goes a long way.

Or at least for me.

Well i found out i'm allergic to mint, my face and eyes are fucked up and i vomited 10 times in 5 hours

how do I get into whiskey?

it’s the only liquor I can’t drink, I spent too many years in high school slamming jack out of the bottle until I blacked out that whenever I even smell it I gag.

Jack and Coke, gin and tonic, and the occasional Jameson mule

A well made margarita. Fresh lime juice and patron's orange liquer. Maybe a little bit of simple syrup. I also like doing this with chili pepper marinated tequila for flavor and heat.

You probably can't with that sort of history, but I got past my aversion of it through cocktails. Try making an old fashioned or have it with ginger beer or something.

Cuba Libre after a long night at work. It's cheap and really refreshing.

hendricks as a part of any semi-savory cocktail is amazing, and fentimans makes the best carbonated soft drinks. though they are quite expensive, to the point of being relegated to craft-cocktail mixers.

Ochawari: water, tea, and shochu.

I don't actually like drinking, but this isn't so difficult to drink.

Sorry to hear you found out the hard way, user.

rum and coke, pina colada, screwdriver and campari orange

Mount royal old fashion sweet. Muddle strawberries, cherries, and oranges if you have them.

Drink something completely unlike jack. Try makers or buffalo trace over ice, with club soda, or in a sour. Even if you don't like it you won't be out a lot of money, and they're both fairly serviceable

>ingesting extra sugary syrups and other unnecessary things
Why do people do this? Go drink sodas then if you fatties want the sugarbombs. Go hard or go home and stay obese.

Knob Rye Manhattans
Hendricks Cucumber Martini
Brandy Alexanders with coconut milk