How do i prepare pork ribs with a stove and an oven to get them as tender and tasty as possible?

how do i prepare pork ribs with a stove and an oven to get them as tender and tasty as possible?

i was thinking of getting a sear with a skillet then putting them in the oven to slow cook. But i've never cooked ribs before so im not really sure what to expect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B4HItubQDCc
amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/pork-ribs-recipes/chinatown-char-siu-ribs-recipe-tastes-great-cooked-indoors-or-out
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slow cook in foil and then broil to get some texture on the outside.

This is what I do with mine, real tender and yet a crispy outer. Shit nibba I want dem ribs nao

This

this but let it cool right down to refrigerator temperature between slow cooking and broiling

why?

There's absolute no reason to do that. You can broil them right after they're done cooking. Also, make sure you cook them with liquid (bbq sauce most likely) in the foil so they braise nicely.

how much liquid? is a thin layer of bbq sauce enough?

How long in oven, what temp?

OP here, just put mine in the oven at 125c

1. remove membrane from back side of ribs
2. rub all over with dry spice rub (chile, paprika, garlic, black pepper, thyme, brown sugar, mustard powder, etc)
3. place on rimmed sheet tray
4. add one cup liquid (beer, cider, citrus juice or water) to tray
5. wrap tray tightly and completely in foil, no air gaps at all
6. bake for about 3 hours at 275* F or until end of bones protrude from meat by about 1/2" and meat is very tender but not yet "falling off the bone"
7. slather in sauce, if desired (not required at all) and broil to caramelize sauce.

*tip:add a little liquid smoke to tray when baking

youtube.com/watch?v=B4HItubQDCc
this is the best recipe and the guy is fucking hilarious

what is that dialect?

225F for 4 hours. You can literally pull the bones out of the meat.

"You can literally pull the bones out of the meat"

Then they are overcooked. Stop before this happens.

It's some shithole Slavic accent (accent, not dialect, dumb dumb)

braise then sauce and sear in oven

he's swedish you dumb idiot
but he actually makes videos in 3 or 4 languages

I usually do 8-10 hours on 90 celsius. And then take them out sauce it woth BBQ sauce and grill it at 200 celsius till sticky.

Swedes are crypto-Slavs

BBQ pork ribs are never cooked for that long - you want them to still have some texture.

Convert that from Commie degrees to Freedom degrees for the rest of the board, faggot.

>cooking with foil

Oh I love this guy. And how he learned Polish as a Swede, no idea. Must have been hard.

>le "my language is so hard to learn" meme
How hard can it be when Polish children manage, you fucking idiot?

Not smoking ur meat why even make it at home at all senpai?

when you make a retard of yourself and proceed to make an even bigger one: the post
yes and he's really good with it, the polish videos are the most funny ones
let me guess, english is your only language?

English is my third language.
My first is Danish and I see plenty of retards claiming that's "just too hard to learn" too. Fucking idiots. Find a real accomplishment to be proud of instead of the language you happened to grow up with, pathetic faggot.

Can't believe no one has said parboiling yet. Get a pot of water boiling, dunk your ribs until they turn whitish grey. Take them out and doctor them with your sauce, then grill on charcoal for best results. Fucking plebs itt I swear

I also speak three languages
You can learn basically any language, but you should notice that learning one that is completely outside your cultural group is hard. Like Danish and Swedish are a part of North-Germanic languages so for you guys learning German, English, Dutch etc. it's not that big of a deal since they are belong to the same family and have more or less similar grammatical rules.
But Polish is a Slavic language with a lot of things that your languages don't have or don't use often so you gotta work harder to master it.
Going further all those languages belong to the common indo-european group of languages, so they have at least some similarity in words or traits. Therefore learning a language outside of this language family (like korean- a language isolate) is even harder and some question if is it possible for an outsider to be absolutely fluent in it.
tl;dr: some languages are easier for you to learn, some are harder, some are really fucking hard so stop being a bitch about it

The ancestors of the Swedish people came from Slavic areas by way of Finland. They're slavs.

I always just do 250 for at least three hours, depending on size.

OP here. took em out after 2½ hours and they still werent tender enough. probably gonna try atleast 4 hours next time.

ribs should take about 6hrs on 250F.
If you take them out any earlier then they haven't rendered the majority of the fat will be greasy.

It depends on if they're babyback or spare/St. Louis cut. Babyback ribs take 3 to 4 hours, and spare/St. Louis take 5 to 6. OP must have had spare ribs.

looked like this.

eh, there might be one hour difference between spares/babybacks.

Depends on how big the pig was.
Where is the bone? Those look like boneless country "ribs"

i've never had a situation where spares took 3 hours longer than babybacks.

can you seriously not see them?

>still continue to make a retard of yourself
Geographic location has nothing to do with the culture. Early Germans lived on teritory of todays West Slavs. Slavs probably came from far east.
You can talk about a group of people being a certain culture at the moment when they start to use their own language and well, develop their own culture. Where they live have nothing to do with it, migration in the past was a common thing.
But then again why I am discussing with a tripfag

No American is going to help you with ribs cut like that. American BBQ doesn't use that style of cut.

Those don't look like any ribs I've ever seen.

Never reply to trips. They are always worthless “humans”.

Get a pressure cooker but don't blow yourself up

I'm still a tripfag even when I don't use my trip. : ^ )

>searing ribs
This really is your first time.

When I make ribs in the winter I pressure cook then just glaze them and broil to finish. Totally different than bbq, but still really good.

250-300 degree freedom units. Wrap in foil/ Season them you fucking animal. Learn to Google.

Braise them. Season, sear, remove from pan. Sauté onion, carrots, celery. Add crushed garlic and cook until mild. Add tomato paste and brown. Add ribs back to pan and cover 1/2 to 3/4 the way with lighter flavored beer and water mixture (about one beer per quart water). Add brown sugar, vinegar, hot pepper, dry oregano and dry sage, stir. Place into 275 degree oven. Baste periodically and rotate/flip when crust begins to firm up. Remove when falling apart tender. Trim meat off bones, put bones back into the braising liquid, and bring to a medium simmer. Trim the remaining meat free of silver skin and gristle. Wrap up portions in plastic wrap or form in some other way (ring molds, little bowls, plastic cups, whatever). Portions refrigerate and freeze well, so make a huge batch. Once the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce, adjust seasoning and maybe add some more sugar or vinegar.

Anyone got any Asian rib recipes?

mustard on skin, spice rub on top
low heat oven, aluminium foil
3hrs or so

Made these this summer using the trimmings from some spare ribs I cut down to St. Louis cut, and cooked them in the oven while smoker was heating up. They were a big hit.
amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/pork-ribs-recipes/chinatown-char-siu-ribs-recipe-tastes-great-cooked-indoors-or-out

>assuming for a single rack
boil the ribs in a big pot of water with some star anise, fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon
mix half a cup of sweet chilli sauce with a cup of ketjap manis, a tablespoon of sambal 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and a teaspoon of honey let the ribs marinate overnight.
then in the oven on 300 for an hour and a half

don't boil your ribs. simmer them. there's a difference.

sry not a native english speaker

Basically, a simmer is a low boil. You want bubbles and movement, but nothing crazy, like 200F. Poaching goes even lower, like 160-180F, and there's barely any movement at all. Delicate meats are better poached, and tougher meats need the higher heat of simmering in order to break down the connective tissue. Meat - or anything that isn't a that you're cooking on its own like potatoes or rice or pasta - should never be cooked in water at 212F/100C because the flavors start to break down.

I know what a simmer is, I just couldn't think of the word on the spot