How do you like your steak? Honest answers please

Well done with ketchup and ranch dip.

Like pic in op honestly

I don't like meat.

was going to say this.

On the cow living out a happy life.

You carnist prick.

I do mine in the oven at 500 degrees for 1 hour

medium rare. I'd get it rare but don't trust restaurants enough to do it right.

this is medium right?

Medium rare.

But i don't see the rare band.
Was it sous vide?

Raw of course. medium when eating with others to not expose my power level.

this. i might order rare if i go to a nice steakhouse, but medium rare is the reliable option.

is this considered medium or medium rarE?

An aristocrat

Medium Well

Don't put too much onions in the sauce.

>10189437
Fuck off namefag

if its a ribeye or something fatty, mid rare. sirloin or filet i take it medium. salt, pepper, hard sear, pat of butter melted over top

>namefag
get out tourist.

Woah, I'm just breakin your balls and you're gettin fuckin fresh.

im no expert. That was my amateur guess.

blue rare with A1, but sometimes well done with A1 or ketchup

Grass fed and unholy.

Purely depends on the cut. Usually medium when in doubt. Medium rare when I cook my own. Grass fed is always best.

I like rare

there shouldnt be a "rare band"

Rare if it’s an expensive steak. Medium rare otherwise

oh bullshit

Medium rare probably 95% of the time. Occasionally I like a good rare steak.

>Was it sous vide?
I don't know, but it looks like it, since it is so uniform in done-ness.

On a traditionally cooked steak, there is often a gradation from the outside in, some people refer to this as banding. A properly cooked Sous Vide steak will not have this banding, as it was heated just to the temperature wanted.
However, I don't think there is such a thing as a rare band, since that would require the steak to be cooked from the inside out, resulting in a medium center surrounded by a band of rare meat. That user probably meant a band of medium rare surrounding a rare center.

Medium master race checking in. Nothing better than a medium steak with bleu cheese on top.

Medium rare. Best is sliced thin and served with dipping sauces/fancy salts, but I'm too lazy to do that at home

>That user probably meant a band of medium rare surrounding a rare center.
Why can't you call the center a band?

I mean, I guess you could. Most people though will assume a band is the bit that encircles, not the bit encircled. Since you'd usually just call that bit the center.

Rib eye, dry aged and rare. topped with bone marrow butter, sauteed mushrooms, and caramelized or fried onions. seared cast iron, served with Yukon gold potatoes (chefs choice on style), and some kind of charred brassica. we can make concessions on the sauce, I like a good charcuterie or bearnaise as much as anyone else, and I'm definitely into foie gras and truffles.

If you can't pull this off just hit it with some s and p, give it to me rare with some chimmichurri babe that'll do just fine

Medium rare is the only correct answer.

blue with A1

Rare. I'll eat medium rare though. Medium and beyond are getting sent back. If someone fucks it up at home, I wouldn't complain regardless of it being burnt to shit. An attempt was made, you know?

au poivre

Still alive

>An attempt was made, you know?
Dubs of truth. I am saddened by how many people discount this.

Medium rare

Same

Depends if it's a nice cut in a trusted restaurant I enjoy blue rare if it's a small portion but on a big steak or a kinda off place I go for rare

Medium is perfect. Anything cooked past medium becomes dry, anything below and it becomes chewy.

Boiled over hard.

Well done, but most people do it wrong and just serve dry burnt meat.

What are you cooking user?

t. never caught on that when i order well done at 9/10 places they serve me medium, which is what i actually like

Milksteak

I prefer medium. Medium rare is too chewy to me, like raw meat. With medium I still get that nice bloody flavour but with a more palatable texture.

A Philly classic

no lie, well done occasionally will do medium well. Don't like the softness of undercooked beef. Prefer to actually chew my food instead of gumming it.

I like it medium and I dont care much for ribeyes because they are so fatty. everyone always says "but its sooo good" but I just dont care much for eating steak fat. at least its not chicken fat tho

S H I N E B O X
H
I
N
E
B
O
X

Well done, blood grosses me out

Blue.

Medium rare. Anything less done is for tryhard faggots who pretend to enjoy slimy, unrendered fat. The exception being filet, which is very lean.

Patrician detected

Just in case this isn't bait, the red liquid is not blood, it's myoglobin. It's just water and proteins from inside the cells.
If you prefer the flavour of well done beef, you are probably better off cooking a burger, because they are basically prechewed by grinding and so they stay tender well done, and you can adjust the amount of fat for juiciness to your liking. That said, eat whatever the fuck you like

Go to a great steakhouse and order a dry aged cut cooked Pittsburgh black and blue.

Medium rare to medium. as long as there's still at least a bit of pink im happy

Try Jackson Hole Hebrew. It's the best doneness.

You're just parading your inability to cook if you think that a rare steak is full of 'slimy, unrendered fat'.

Medium rare or not at all

Medium well or well done I guess
I took my steak of the grill early last night, cut into it saw the pink and took a bite, it tasted like a rubber gel.
I think just don't know how to make well done steaks, you can get it brown all the way and there are no problems with what anyone here claims.

Used to swear by blue, now I'm leaning more towards rare to mid rare. Also depends on the cut, but no matter the steak I'll take it with a hasselback potato, roasted asparagus and a Diane sauce

almost well done, with heavy charring.

Medium with a pan sauce for most cuts, rare for loin

Medium rare. Seasoned with salt & pepper.

The 9/11 special.

Fuck off namefags

This tbqhwy

This. Dubs and they fuck off forever.

this is what i order, but rarely do restaurants do it well
so many restaurants I've been to seem to think that everyone just wants a rare steak, and gives me some rare mess back

ONE GODDAMN JOB user

I can honestly get down with steak anywhere from well done to blue-rare. it's literally never bothered me how it's cooked

Medium, or medium rare if it's well aged.

I don't. Steak is the most overrated food ever, except for maybe pork chops. I'd rather eat liver or sardines.

Honest answers, you ask? Ok, steak is fucking bland. VERY little flavor, and the flavor it does have is not exactly special. Steak is boring. There is more flavor if you bite into an orange. Why do you think steak sauce exists? I know, I know... its for those plebs that don't appreciate the exquisite flavor of a cow like you do rite? No, man, its because the flavor actually isn't all that good without assistance of salt, pepper and for many people - a variety of sauces. WAKE-DAH-FUCK-UP.

exactly like that

completely incorrect, mr. reddit

t. smoker with no taste buds left

I'd like a petit filet mignon, very lean. Not so lean that it lacks flavor, but not so fatty that it leaves drippings on the plate. And I don't want it cooked, just lightly seared on either side, pink in the middle. Not a true pink, but not a mauve either, somewhere in between. Bearing in mind, the slightest error either way and it's ruined.

Beefy

faggoty meat marshmallow. get a real cut like ribeye.

Personally, I prefer Medium.

It depends on the quality of the meat. If the meat is shit then I'll cook it more, but if it's good medium rare

what kind of shit hole are you eating in where you don't trust the food being served to you?

also, for a steak rare vs med-rare isn't going to make a difference from a food safety perspective because a steak is a solid chunk of meat, so long as the exterior hits temp you'll be fine.

jesus christ being this fucking ignorant.

Medium Well. Well Done is too dry, Medium isn't cooked enough.

Nice.

Shit user. I put this on my Allrecipes as one of mine. Said it was a Philly favorite that's sure to please.

I agree with this message.

Medium rare master race here.

I like it rare cooked with olive oil, garlic, and salt. Seasoned to taste with pepper and more salt.