Game, Venison

Do you eat it? What's your favourite kind?

I enjoy boar bacon the most, made porchetta style with some extra lard. Or a traditional boar stew with juniper, wild garlic and fungi.

Also, is it available in your country? If so, is it cheap or super-exclusive?

Venison stew is best.

That meat is still raw.

You're a giant faggot aren't you.

I think I've only had venison at a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner once when I was 10. My uncle likes to hunt and provided some that year and I can still remember its tender juiciness. Wish we had bonded more but I got stuck with a cuck of a dad instead.

Agreed. Not a big fan of venison in general but you can make some amazing stew with it.

What do you get out of responding to obvious trolls?

Pretty much make all my venison into jerky and sausage.

All types of venison charcuterie are amazing. I've had salami, prosciutto and bresaola - all great. Problem is you can't buy it anywhere so you have to cure it yourself. If you don't have space in your shed, you're out of luck.

Might have to try that. It sounds delicious but a lot of work.

I never hunted when I was younger because of my parents, but one of my friends went hunting with his dad every year and he would always get a shitload of venison jerky and share it with everyone on the bus. Thank you based jerky bro

Question for venison newbie:

Do they sell ribeye or new york cuts and can you eat deer as a steak? Or is that something people don't do cuz of strong flavor?

What cuts of venison would you recommend to break in a beefeater?

Salami isn't that much more work than sausage. It's more just the stress that if you fucked up at any stage or the conditions in your shed are off you end up with rotten meat.

Prosciutto is more involved but in my opinion even more worth it than the salami because I haven't discovered any other decent way of preparing a venison ham.

Not really. The loin is too small for traditional beef cuts. The photo in the OP is a venison loin. It's cooked whole and then sliced into medallions.

You can have a deer steak, goes very well with fungi-based gravies. Still, I prefer to put a big chunk of it in the oven on low temperature (like 160 Celsius) for 2 hours and then cut these beautiful pink slices one by one. It's even better when you roast it.

Also, I highly recommend boar, it tastes like very rich and superior pork (which it is).

germany, price is super reliant on where you live, on the countryside everybody knows hunters and you/ the butchers get easy supply from them, in the city its a luxury. i miss wild ducks and venison

Loin is to small, but leg meat is big enough to cut it. Still, medallions are better.

Drive to Poland and stockpile, here in Warsaw we have boar for like $7 per 1kg of fresh meat if you know where to go.

>Do you eat it? What's your favourite kind?
Yes. Grilled boar chops.
>Also, is it available in your country? If so, is it cheap or super-exclusive?
Depends. It's fairly easy to find if it's hunting season and you live near the mountains. It's pricier than normal meat, but certainly not super-exclusive.
Personally tho, I never bother to buy any, what I can hunt myself is easily enough to sate my occasional venison cravings.
I wish I could try bear tho. There are a few in my area, but nowhere near enough to make the autorithies hand out hunting licenses.

Venison is my favorite wild game. One of my friends made this venison sausage one time, I swear to god it was so juicy and delicious.

I only tried canned bear (spam-like), since it's illegal to hunt it here. It was really rich and red, I'll go to Russia or Finland or whatever once and eat a proper chunk. It must be delicious.

what the fuck are you retarded?

you are supposed to cook it. Hope you are okay.

Woah woah woah, this is too relevant to this board Im surorised this isnt 404 yet

Had BBQ beaver few days ago and bear stew, both were fine. Someone made a bomb as fuck venison pepperoni and I copped a big pack of it. I will eat any and all game.

All bear all the time, faggots

Venison can be fairly tough except for the backstraps and tenderloins which can be cooked with a dry heat like a beef tenderloin. The front quarters extremely tough and I grind them for sausages. The flank can be marinated and cooked as carne asada or KBBQ nicely. The back leg quarters and neck I've barded with strips of lard and roasted dry, but they're best used in stews or pot roasts, imho. I've also sliced them thin and marinated for KBBQ and they come out good. The bones, I saw up and make stock.

As long as you're not expecting a lot of steak style eating and work with what it is, it's goat. Also trim all the fat out because venison fat tastes like shit.