Is potato the best vegetable? I think so. It's incredibly versatile and delicious in every incarnation. You can boil it...

Is potato the best vegetable? I think so. It's incredibly versatile and delicious in every incarnation. You can boil it, fry it bake it, you name it! And its awlays great. No need for fancy preparation, just a bit of salt and youve got yourself a meal. God tier vegetable if yuo dont mind me saying so

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2014/01/24/the-problem-with-potatoes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ywn taste the real potatoes that your grandparents had before gmo frankenpotatoes took over
why live.

Potatoes are only a vegetable to fat people.

Thats the only bad thing about potatoes

Fries, crisps, purée, gratin, vodka. Yes, yes it is.

PO TAY TOES
BOIL EM
MASH EM
STICK EM IN A STEW

>vegetable
it's fruit.

Heresy...

It’s a starch. Neither fruit nor vegetable

Potatoes are bad for you.

Its a tuber

fuck you

>150 calories per potato
>vitamins, potassium, protein, carbohydrate
?

>It’s a starch. Neither fruit nor vegetable
Are you actually retarded?

Potato has virtually every necessary plant micronutrient. If eaten along with some type of dairy, you will have a diet with everything necessary for human life. People sometimes worry about the glycemic index, but this is unnecessary as the glycemic load is very low. Potatoes are somewhat unique in this regard, making them fine for even diabetics to eat.

They have vitamins in the skin yeah but a very high glycemic index

Glycemic index id antiquated, it has a low glycemic load.

Incredibly cheap as well. Got me and the Irish through the hard times. I actually love having hash browns for breakfast every day.

That looks more like a potato rosti than a hash brown

Literally the same thing

They're pretty much exactly the same

I've never had a hash brown before, Do you just grate them and fry them?

Potato is not a vegetable. It's a tuber!

Cube up into reasonable sized pieces, soak for a few hours while changing the water every so often, toss in vegetable oil and seasonings of choice, bake at 400degrees F for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20. Delicious crispy roasted potatoes without deep frying. Only takes about a teaspoon to coat 2 potatoes. Okinawan purple potatoes/Hawaiian Yams have an interesting caramelized skin to them with this method.

I forgot to mention that you must dry the potatoes well after soaking which must be done to draw out the starch like rice. They turn out light and fluffy in the middle but wonderfully crisped.

Will try this method tomorrow

asparagus or spinach desu

If you get them in restaurants they're mashed potatoes that have been squeezed through a ricer, but there's no reason you can't use raw potatoes. It just won't be as brown as the mashed.

>peel and grate, let them soak for about 30 minutes
>drain on towels, try to squeeze out as much water as you can
>vegetable oil in a thin layer on a medium high cast iron skillet, spread potatoes evenly
>season with salt and pepper on the raw side, you'll know when to flip when everything sticks together
>lay pieces of cheese on the browned side and let them melt

It's good shit

They contain starch but they are indeed a vegetable

Potato is a vegetable just like Pizza is a vegetable...

I agree, I love them

>Eating potatoes.
>Literally eating a poisonous plant.
Enjoy your nightshade I guess.

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2014/01/24/the-problem-with-potatoes/