Do you like to bake bread, Veeky Forums?

Do you like to bake bread, Veeky Forums?

Show me your hot buns and flaky loaves

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/how-to-make-your-own-sourdough-starter-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-47337
theperfectloaf.com/7-easy-steps-making-incredible-sourdough-starter-scratch/
tasteofhome.com/recipes/basic-homemade-bread
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that
>bread
That's a fucking car wash sponge, user.

Looks good, OP. I just started baking yeasted bread last week. Only been using all-purpose white flour, but I'd like to try with whole grain.

I think it looks fine.

It works fine for what it is. Just a basic sandwich bread.

I want to try making a rosemary bread next I think. Super tasty with homemade chicken noodle soup.

I made a loaf of no knead Dutch oven bread last weekend but it didn’t turn out quite right so I’m retrying this week.

I love to bake bread!

>He fell for the grains meme.
Top kek.

How would rather it had turned out? What was your recipe? I bake mostly in my Dutch oven, and I don't knead either (I do "stretch and folds"). Happy to help you troubleshoot.

Go for it! I'd recommend starting with 20% whole wheat flour in usual recipe. Be sure to add a bit more water, as the whole grains are thirstier than AP flour.

brehs I need some tips on how to make a sourdough starter, the interwebs and my cookbooks give wildly different recipes/advice

Make sure you're weighing your ingredients, not going by volume.

I recommend trying this one. Feel free to use whatever flour you have on hand. I've found rye flour is the easiest to make a starter out of. thekitchn.com/how-to-make-your-own-sourdough-starter-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-47337

P.S. if you wanna get really fussy about it, use The Perfect Loaf's starter process theperfectloaf.com/7-easy-steps-making-incredible-sourdough-starter-scratch/

Gonna bake some seeded whole wheat bread tomorrow.

I've never really liked whole wheat, and I love white bread, but I know it's not the healthiest. I'm pretty excited, and I hope it'll be tastier than store bought.

Chef John has a video.

How do you get your seeds to stick?

I felt like there wasn’t enough rise. After being disappointed with the first loaf, I read a couple articles and I’m trying some stretch/folds also instead of just letting it rise without touching it.

The recipe I'm looking at says to mix them in with the dough. Is that usuually how it's done?

I was thinking of bread that just has seeds on top. The last two times I made that, most of the seeds just fell off.

I dunno, maybe lightly brushing the top with butter might help.

spritz with water, roll in seeds

Flakiness is more akin to pastry, you rascal.

Bred is fake food. You might as well eat cardboard

faggot

I didn't have a bread pan so I ended up using a casserole dish..
But I just bought a pair of bread pans the other day

Thanks. The texture of most whole wheat bread that I've tried has been a grainy mess. I don't minds the seeds, but is there anything I can do while I'm baking the bread?

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. I'm about to bake some sourdough.

Just pulled this sourdough loaf out of the oven. It's about 80% hydration.

Goddamn it, Veeky Forums.

Owned.

Cant say I liked baking until I started getting good at it. No crumb shot because this bread is long gone

It looks like a decent white bread, get outta here

Pretty happy with the crumb.

Schwarzbrot

that's not schwarz though, that's braun

best way to make sandwich bread with only flour salt yeast and water?
or can i not do so?

I use this one. It has sugar in it, but it's not a sweet bread. I make two loaves every weekend now since it's so easy.
tasteofhome.com/recipes/basic-homemade-bread

Whats the secret in shaping/proofing a 80% dough? No matter what i try the dough just spreads out like a pool of liquid

This is a safe space. My psychologist says I don't have to show anyone my buns.