Why does New York do this?

Why does New York do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
nyc.gov/html/911reporting/html/reports/end-to-end.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For the novelty.

Because we CAN, fgit!

Because we're the greatest city on Earth, live like Kings, eat like Kings.

Name me one city that comes even close to making sandwiches like us.

Well, technically anybody can slice an entire brisket and put it between 2 slices of bread but they don't because it's fucking retarded.

Montreal.

Nobody knows, and nobody ever will. It's still delicious, and makes heart attack grill look like the dumb gimmick that it is. I got a liverwurst sandwich at one of those NYC delis (Carnagie's I think) and it had like 2 pounds of liverwurst and 3 hard boiled eggs and a bunch of other shit and it was just ridiculous but so amazing.

tourist trap food, the new york equivalent of 'go 'za

>live like kings
He posted from his roach-infested studio apartment, that costs more per month than a house payment for an average home.

California size sandwiches are objectively better. You can actually eat them without wasting food, eating three days of calories in one sitting, or taking home food like a fucking pleb.

There is probably some retarded tax that they are stepping around by slapping bread on it. Probably like a tax on "prepared meat plated dishes" that goes by amount of meat, but by slapping bread in the meats general vicinity it is now technically a "sandwich" and the Jewish delis in NYC got enough political clout to prevent anything from being labeled a "sandwich" ever being taxed extra.

Rough guess, but sounds stupid and corrupt enough for New York.

Well if you've ever met a New Yorker they are a shining example of stupidity. Worse than Southerners.

whenver i saw pastrami sandwiches on the net its always stack like a tower. what is the standard?

I want it. I used to shit on American food, but damn, living in another country where you can barely get any meat on anything makes me wish I were back in New York. I would buy that thing post workout every day.

That'll be $42 please. :^)

New York style deli meat is the only good thing to come out of there.

Except for Brooklyn style pizza
And NY strip steak
And Long Island Sound oysters
Oh, and the cheese cake.

You live like tower dwelling insects. Because you are.
That's why 9/11 upset you so much- one of your hives was attacked.

They tarded.

>Rough guess, but sounds stupid and corrupt enough for New York.
Not a bad guess, but not the case. Here's a more reasonable explanation:
The earliest restaurants in NYC were steak/chop houses where single men of means ate. These places served steaks and chops on pieces of bread. No one ate the bread, so it was used as a way to calculate the bill. The record of how much meat you ate was how many slices of bread were left at your table by the end of the meal. When Jewish delis arrived on the scene eating out was still a wealthy person thing. If you run a restaurant correctly food costs are only a quarter of your prices, so it makes economic sense to charge high prices, but serve very large portions so customers don't balk. This increases profit against the fixed costs (rent/mortgage, staff, utilities, etc). In a city where large amounts of meat were traditionally served with token slices of bread sandwiches with a ridiculous meat to bread ratio weren't implausible. And it allowed restaurants to charge nearly the price of an entree for something as pedestrian as soup and a sandwich without customer complaints, because that sandwich contained as much meat as any entree anywhere. At the start the customers we mostly Jewish, and this fit the Jewish sense of largesse when it comes to food. Getting together for opulent meals (especially Shabbos dinners) is a part of the culture. So when they paid to go out to eat it was just expected that a lot of food would show up at the table.

Do people really brag and fight over being known for good sandwhiches? It's fucking bread and junk between it retards.

Because people that live in cities for extended periods of time are insane.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

What gets bragged about is the quality of the corned beef, roast beef or pastrami on those sandwiches. Or in Montreal's case the smoked meat. This stuff is prepared in house if the place is any good. Think of it as Jewish BBQ more than just a simple sandwich filling. The bread is just the delivery system.

Cos they stupid Hahahahaha!

Are there a lot of cattle ranches in upstate ny?

Dairy farms, and yes.

City fags need to fuck off and stop ruining the rest of the state. And you're welcome for the clean drinking water you jerks.

Seriously though you give us all a bad name and need to fuck off into the ocean or your own state.

>you have to be right next to the food source for it to be good quality and fresh

What century are you living in?

>City fags need to fuck off and stop ruining the rest of the state
You mean funding you. We'd be happy to stop that, but you wouldn't like the results.
>Seriously though you give us all a bad name
City folks give people who work at prisons a bad name? Not buying that.

It's delicious.

>California size
California is not known for a specific size of sandwich, fuck off

>funding
LMAO. Nice I didn't think people actually believed that meme.
>City folks give people who work at prisons a bad name? Not buying that.
I don't get this meme? Population of the city 8mil, population of the rest of the state 8mil.... Enjoy your gang violence taxes and 2 acres of woodlands. I'll be off on a hike with an ak slung over my shoulder following coyotes deer and other game through majestic glacial lands.
wdhmbt?

the only way NYC funds anything is through taxes which wouldn't have to be so high and in demand if they were their own state.
just separate already you're cancer

because the entire city is a tourist trap

are you sure it's not just that democrats are insane to begin with?

Too many people piled over each other

And fuck your sandwiches too

>Because we're the greatest city on Earth, live like Kings, eat like Kings.
I'm from upstate new york, the farm land. People in the city seriously act like this despite making 12 dollars an hour at mcdonalds. They're all gods in their own eyes.
"A million people pass you on the street every day, it's amazing" was what my friend from LongIsland told me and all I could tell them back was "and not one of them would stop if you were bleeding to death infront of them".

Cause the cities filled with retarded democrats

Republican run Nassau and Suffolk try their best to keep that degeneracy out although, in the 80's NYC Civil rights lawyers sued different Nassau county school districts for "discriminatory" practices, basically a cover up to forcibly diversify areas against their will, busing in students from dozens of miles away for 'diversity'

I got both worlds: a nice place in Brooklyn and a country place upstate. And gang violence is far more of a suburban thing these days than a city thing. And while city taxes are a thing, property tax here isn't much at all.

>property tax isnt much here at all
>3k a month for a studio apartment without any utilites
LMAO!

NYC and it's suburbs represent 64% of state residents, and include most of the wealthiest people in the state. Cut off that tax base and economic engine and the rest of the state would be pretty much Vermont.

property tax isn't that much in the city. probably like a thousand a year or something

... The joke was that what you don't pay in property tax you pay directly in land/home ownership or rent.

If you're stupid. I bought my place years ago. My 1BR apartment costs me under $1k a month, and has already more than doubled in value.

I thought you were saying city prop tax is 3k a month or something, sorry :(

Yeah dude vermont is so terrible, right?
You jackass. Where do you think people in the city retire to besides myrtle beach. I would take being vermont 10 times out of the week over even being associated with you jackasses.

Yeah maybe north west of kingston; anything in the city is absurd.
I don't know about that. I've been to the city like 5-6 times and every single one I've heard shooting and seen crimes. My brother was in Manhattan for all of a month before he realized that the police don't show up to gunshots.

this entire post is false

K.
>nyc police response time
>50 minutes
LMAO. nyc.gov/html/911reporting/html/reports/end-to-end.shtml
>I tell you I have personal experience with it
>you say 'no'
Not everyone lives in a bubble user.

Because New York is filled with kikes and normalfag retards that love to fuck each other in the ass.

Chicago.
>He thinks kings live around roasties and shitskins.
Top kek.

Whoops meant for

Been to Carnegie Deli once, it's an overpriced dumb meme

> we waz kangs an sheet

New yorkers are unironically this retarded. I think most of them have some kind of negro or spic blood too, they like to chimpout and get aggressive for no reason.

you'd have a short fuse too if you were paying $3000 a month for a 200 square foot studio apartment

t. has to travel 50 miles for deodorant or spend another week without it

VT is the poorest state in the Northeast, largely because there's no economic base there.
I'm in Brooklyn. And the days of hearing gunshots on a regular basis are about 20 years in the past. Only time I hear gunshots is when I'm upstate at my country place.
t. Someone who has never been to the city

>the state is rich therefore the people are rich!
Are you an idiot?...
>im from brooklyn and the days of hearing gunshots on a 'REGULAR BASIS' are 20 years in the past
Says you in your specific area which I'm sure you don't leave because muh safe space.
>t someone who has never been to the city
Weird because everyone is saying how big of dicks you are and all you can do is wave it off.

Why don't you go let homeless die on your doorstep, the smell of the city and scream about taxes and the children somewhere else suburban-soccermom cityfag.

>vermont, with the lowest taxes but highest standard of living, is a terrible place to live.
WOW

What the fuck are you talking about?
Tough to make money in a place where there isn't a lot of money being made. I'm sure VT is a great place to settle down once you've made your money elsewhere, but I can't imagine trying to make a living there.

what the fuck is goza

>Tough to make money in a place where there isn't a lot of money being made. I'm sure VT is a great place to settle down once you've made your money elsewhere, but I can't imagine trying to make a living there.
Holy shit. It's like the internet and interstate commerce doesn't exist.... I can't even right now.
>what the fuck are you talking about
I just told you. You being from brooklyn doesn't discount my personal experiences that I know to be true.
And then standing up proud call bullshit on how other people havent been to the city because they dont have the same experiences as you only furthers how disconnected from reality you are.

And the ending comment, for explaination; was an insult. Calling you self important and over-protected from a suburban area and a minor jab at the meme that giuliani had the homeless rounded up and 'exported'. What else did you have trouble with in that post.

In short, fuck you, fuck the city, leave the rest of the state alone and take albany with you; you children wearing adult clothes want-to-be important fucks.

This might seem a bit excessive but I just really don't like the city after working for the water companies up here in central ny. You guys are leaches.

>The OTs-14 Groza (Russian: OЦ-14 "Гpoзa", lit. '"Thunderstorm" or "Terror"') is a Russian selective fire bullpup assault rifle chambered for the 7.62×39 round and the 9×39mm subsonic round(which is extremely effectively silenced or suppressed). It was developed in the 1990s at the TsKIB SOO (Central Design and Research Bureau of Sporting and Hunting Arms) in Tula, Russia. The weapon is colloquially known as OC-14 or OTs-14 "Bullpup Rifle" . The OTs-14-4A "Bullpup Rifle-4" has one derivative, the TKB-0239 (TКБ-0239), also known as OTs-14-1A "Bullpup Rifle-1", chambered for the 7.62×39mm round.
>The weapon has modular design allowing for assembly of one of four weapon versions depending on the assigned mission. It is configured in a bullpup layout for increased portability and balance. The grip is displaced forward, making the assault rifle compact, suitable for concealed carrying and so well balanced that it can be fired using just one hand, like a pistol.
Also I think it's in that pubg game anons like to play.

>What else did you have trouble with in that post.
There was really no point beyond
>fuck you, fuck the city
Which you could have just said in a lot less words.
>working for the water companies up here in central ny.
I can imagine the frustration that comes from no one caring what you think, do or where you live. Must be awful.

>tfw bullpups on Veeky Forums

i ain't even mad

>new york
>greatest city on earth

>Which you could have just said in a lot less words.
I believe I said that about 30 posts ago which is what spurred this discussion.
>I can imagine the frustration that comes from no one caring what you think, do or where you live. Must be awful.
>said another NY state resident in the most unAmerican way possible
Nice. Dig yourself deeper.
Not a big fan of the controls but I'd imagine practice makes perfect. Pic related is a lewd of an MDR from the a general thread.

That is a FAMAS.

Unironically, yes.
>The FAMAS (Fusil d'Assaut de la Manufacture d'Armes de Saint-Étienne, in English "Assault Rifle from the Saint-Étienne Weapon Factory") is a bullpup-styled assault rifle designed and manufactured in France by MAS located in Saint-Étienne, which is now a member of the French government-owned Nexter group. It is being replaced as the service rifle of the French military by the HK416F. It is known by French troops as "The Bugle" due to its distinctive shape. The FAMAS is recognized for its high rate of fire at 1200 rounds per minute.
>The FAMAS assault rifle is a bullpup configuration, with the ammunition feed behind the trigger. The receiver housing is made of a special steel alloy, and the rifle furniture is made of fiberglass. The rifle uses a lever-delayed blowback action, an action used on the AA-52 machine gun derived from the prototypes built during Army Technical Department tests having taken place between the First and Second World Wars.
>The FAMAS first saw service in Chad during Operation Manta and again in desert operations during Operation Desert Storm and in other various peacekeeping missions. Officially, operational conditions proved the weapon to be reliable and trustworthy under combat conditions. The FAMAS is affectionately known by French-speaking troops as le Clairon ("the Bugle") because of its shape. An improved version of the FAMAS F1 is integrated in the Félin system.

whoops.

>unAmerican
Probably the nicest thing about living in the city is how it shields you from most of the ugliness in the rest of the country. You know it's out there, but you don't have to participate in it.

YIKES imagine being this delusional.That's all you had to say user enjoy your thread.

To say that they are the BEST!!!!!

>YIKES
It's true though. The rest of the country doesn't matter if you live here. Maybe LA if you're in the entertainment business, but otherwise there's no reason to care what happens outside the bubble. Most of us live here because we don't like it out there.

how self obsessed and condescending lmao

what reason is there not to be?

because it used to be a cheap kosher cut for (((them))) to gorge on.

(((fuck off)))

can't handle the truth, huh?

I quite enjoy the truth. I love living in a place with an ongoing immigrant history. So much great food, and some of it really cheap. Wouldn't want to live anywhere too white and Protestant, because they're food sucks.

>Smugness: The post

What the hell does your personal preference have anything to do with what he said?

subhuman detected

> yeah essay my food and cultcha are way more tight than your lame white innovations like technology and medicine

lol, none of it is cheap there

I don't have to pick just one food and culture. Part of the fun of living here is that I can eat a different cuisine every night for months and not run out of options. Hell, I could do that for over a month without even leaving my neighborhood.

Again, what does this have to do with the fact that this sandwich is popular because they were historically sold as a cheap sandwich at Jewish delis?

Bullshit. Fried pork and chive dumplings are 4 for $1 at the place near me, tacos are $1.75 each, a hoagie sized banh mi is $5, pupusas are $2.50 each, a fried fish bun from a Chinese bakery is $2 and tlacoyos are $1.50 where I live. And that's just the cheap eats options within walking distance off the top of my head.
Jewish delis were NEVER cheap. Eating out has always been for the successful people. Especially at places specializing in beef. That's why the portion sizes are so opulent and the prices so high. Poor people ate at home.

>making sandwiches like us.
>making sandwiches
>like us
>.
What a pile of overrated crap
Keep it
As nothing of value will be lost

Good jews
Eat at home, never on the street

The whole point of kosher dietary laws was to make it difficult or nearly impossible for observant Jews to dine with non-Jews. Good way to keep your culture insular when you don't have a homeland of your own.

>Jewish delis were NEVER cheap. Eating out has always been for the successful people. Especially at places specializing in beef. That's why the portion sizes are so opulent and the prices so high. Poor people ate at home.

This is by far the stupidest thing I've read here all day. Either you are a liberal arts student in some fly over state with zero experience of delis, or you're just a liar.

Probably both.

>This is by far the stupidest thing
Yet it is the truth. Going out to eat at a deli in NYC was traditionally the mark of being successful. That's why delis frequently had pictures of the famous people who ate there on their walls, and so many business deals were made over lunches in these places. Poor people got a quick, cheap bite at sandwich shops, luncheonettes, dairy restaurants or other kinds of cheaper establishments if they were single, working and didn't have families to go home to.
>ad hominem attack when someone points out a fact you don't like
Typical.

This
sandwiches are so you can gamble and eat at the same time, nothing more

chicaGO pizZA

>he doesn't know what pastrami is

Damn what's going on in this here gif?

são paulo

>all these flyovers itt
embarrassing. i can't believe i have to share this place with a bunch of cultureless hicks. why do you even come here? you can get kraft dinner recipes anywhere else.

They would help if you're bleeding to death. Not if you're homeless, and certainly not if you're homeless and loudly talking to yourself.

>kraft dinner
Canadian detected

*Ottawa