Does anyone else find this more delicious than "real" mac and cheese?

Does anyone else find this more delicious than "real" mac and cheese?

no? you're probably addicted to sugar if you think that shit is better than homemade mac and cheese

Yes, it's the best one in my opinion. It's got just the right amount of flavor and the macaroni puffs up nice and soft in a microwave (something a lot of other versions of macaroni and cheese fuck up, there's nothing worse than having random rock hard pieces of macaroni in your bowl).

I don’t like kraft that much but velveeta + shells is god tier

Velveeta's fucking disgusting.

it's one of my guilty pleasures

>2 boxes of this
>1 head of broccoli, chopped
>tasty

>Cook pasta
>drain and return to hot pot
>throw in shredded cheese with 1/2 Tbspn of butter and mix until the cheese melts
easily twice as good as boxed, half the price, and the same effort
even better if you throw in some diced onions or pepperoni

>same effort
That's clearly more effort. Also it's not like you can taste anything other than the cheese either way. The only consideration for preparing is that you make sure the macaroni gets soft enough, which you can do with a microwave just fine.

My shit taste
Whos with me
What a wonderful thread

Go post some faggoty filet mignon thread then, retard. This thread's for easy mac.

Used to think that until I tried some baked spinach and cheese mac at a Mugg and Bean. Haven't had a macaroni and cheese that's topped that since.

Kraft is still great once in a while though

>spinach
Why would you ruin perfectly good macaroni and cheese like that?

For a healthy colon.

Im currently eating some for dinner. Rate my meal Veeky Forums

......this has to be a troll thread, right?

That's a pretty stupid assessment considering how widely popular easy mac is.

Popularity based on consumption. It's cheap as fuck and fills your stomach.. That doesn't mean it's good by any standards.

Poverty neat living at home out of 10

>It's cheap as fuck and fills your stomach..
There are many cheap and edible food products. Most of them don't sell anywhere near as well as easy mac, so no, it's not just something people buy to save money. I eat it all the time because I like it personally, I don't spend money on much else and wouldn't have a problem with paying for expensive foods, saving money was never a consideration for my enjoying easy mac.

Assuming you ever have guests over, do you cook easy mac for them?

No, I am not a 5 year old Canadian.

This.

mom told me i could have whatever i wanted for dinner.

Not really, but I love it either way. I sometimes prefer the smoothness of it to "real" mac and cheese.

pic related is the best pre-prepared frozen mac and cheese ive ever had. wasn't cheap though. like seven dollars if I recall

Even if a hardly ever eat it, there will almost always be a box of Kraft mac'n'cheese in my pantry

>Assuming you ever have guests over
And that's where you'd be wrong, kiddo.

>He thinks maltodextrin tastes better than real mac and cheese.
Plebeian.

This is why teenagers and adults shouldn't interact on any serious level. Teenagers cook like teenagers. Adults cook like adults.

All you need is elbow mac, grated cheddar, cornstarch, milk, butter and if you're a snobby asshole, sodium citrate.

maybe you shouldn't be a faggot, and tell people what that can and can't eat like some kind of food nazi

A) Maltodextrin is more there as a thickening agent than for flavor.
B) It's literally just C6H12O6 (glucose) extracted from starch with a spooky "chemical" sounding name.
>This is why teenagers and adults shouldn't interact on any serious level.
Nobody ever suggested interacting with teenagers was normal in the first place you pedo. And I'm almost certain I'm older than you by a decade plus and I like easy mac, deal with it.

I'm actually 46 today. feb 24th. hah. So stop being a stupid asshole calling people pedos like a fucking immature fuck up.

no! what is wrong with you, are you 5?

like most things in this world, it has it's time and place

I like to make it eat in a while 'cept I eat the whole damn thing

Happy birthday user!

Joke's on you, I said "almost certain." And, well, the bigger joke on you of course is that you're 46 and on Veeky Forums.

made some mac and cheese to piss off the food nazi

Me right now

>Y-You can't do that, it's convenient and tastes good and doesn't have ooh-mommy or artisanal mouthfeel!

What's the red bottle?

I know, we're all watching you assholes. Even MSNBC and CNN watch you fucking weirdos.

You're a mistake we're not going to make again.

Well at least you aren't reusing needles.
Can you get that stuff over the internet, or do you have an actual in person dealer you see?

There really isn't all that much to learn from anyone here that you couldn't finish discerning in the first ten minutes of clicking around to be honest family.

>2 boxes
heres your you, fatass.

for me, its one box of annies, helping of sririacha and 2 or so hotdogs.

sorry, not everyone has the palette of a 5 year old

I prefer this desu

I don't know, because I would never go out of the way to make "real" mac and cheese as I'm not a 30 year old numale manchild that revels in products aimed at underaged children and puts effort into making "the most epic mac and cheese meal time ever" to eat while watching super hero movies in a room filled with nintendos and star wars toys. No actual adult should ever be putting more effort than using a box of the "fake" mac and cheese as a lazy snack now and then when they don't feel like cooking.

>palette
You certainly have the spelling prowess of a five year old.

This is a strange thing to have such a strong stance on.

It's no effort at all, especially as I'm usually cooking something else on the other hob at the same time.

And I got rid of my Star Wars toys when they turned the series into a feminist love letter.

Maybe if you had half a spine you would understand it's not that big of a deal to give your opinions without seeking approval from twitter first.

I bought a box of that out of nostalgia a couple weeks ago, and it was bland as fuck. I even fattened it up by using heavy cream instead of milk, and it was still tasteless. That shit is only good in childish hindsight.

I'd chalk it up to poorly written characters more than it having a feminist agenda.

I believe you've misunderstood. I'm not insulting your opinion. I find it interesting.

No. There are certain things in culinary school that my chefs would say are just plain better if you DIY. Some things it's just better to use the box

>angel food cake
box
>turkey stuffing
box
>mac n cheese
ALWAYS MAKE IT YOURSELF

>>turkey stuffing
>box
This butter be bait.

Recently I got hooked on the mac n cheese from Chick Fil A, it's so fucking good

Just so you know there is unflavored almond milk. So you don’t have to use vanilla you fucking retard.

Is the Annie's kind better than Kraft?

I've had both recently (wouldn't normally buy Annie's but someone else left it at my place a while back, I had ran out of Kraft's, and didn't feel like doing Uber Eats since I'd have to meet the delivery person outside (live in a gated apartment complex)).
I found them similar, but the Annie's didn't soften as nicely / quickly in the microwave (had to keep on putting it back in for another minute or so to make sure there weren't any hard pieces left) and the Annie's cheese packet didn't seem as sharp to me, which was disappointing compared to the Kraft's.
I think the selling point for Annie's is supposed to be that it's more natural / home grown or something, I dunno. There's a little blurb on the box about the Annie person actually being an English major and how she noticed that surprised people who assumed she was all about cooking, which was kind of charming, but at the end of the day I really want A) macaroni that gets thoroughly soft in the microwave without much effort so I don't have to deal with hard chunks of macaroni getting missed and B) a sharp kick to the cheese packet, and Kraft's in my opinion does a way better job on both those points.

I read it as a joke, like he's pointing out how ridiculous it is that other people in this thread have such a strong opinion about cooking macaroni and cheese on a stove or however the fuck they do it when it's just macaroni and cheese and any reasonable person who wants some will just pop a microwavable container in a microwave like the three minute convenience that it is.

>Falling for the Annie's gimmick.

Retards, the lot of you.

There’s literally nothing wrong with reusing needles if you’re the only one using it and you sterilise it between uses

How does sterilizing a needle make it less dull?

It burns the dull off.

drag the needle over denim. That burnishes it. That's if you're a massive junkie.

I'd OMNOMNOM all the mac n cheese in the world if I could XD

lol, just get new needles, jesus

I like this too and this post reminded me to get a box today for later in the week. It was $3 for the same sized box.

I'm a Kraft guy normally but I got to admit that cracker barrel pic looks really fucking good, I might have to try that too.

i know it's not yours because I've seen this pic before but I'm still jelly desu

Never mind, won't be trying this after all.

just go to a needle exchange jesus fucking christ

> Not "spongebob" shaped macaroni...
Umm, sweetie... Kys? Maybe? Plz.

i should salt the boiling water when cooking pasta right?

don't listen to that asshole. cook your pasta in salted water or not, salt it afterwards if you want. Take the shredded cheddar and mix it with enough cornstarch to coat. put in 1 tbsp of milk in the hot pasta and mix, 1 tbsp of butter and mix, slowly mix in the cheddar until its creamy. add milk and butter to the right consistency.

If you have sodium citrate, that will cream the shit out of anything as well.

The respondant said that it can't be. It can but the quality will be utter shit. Doing any pasta other noodles other then some raman packet in a microwave just wont work out well.

I've tried it and it always sucked in a microwave. It might be edible on a low level but is that what you want?

I think that you missed the plot.

always salt the water when boiling pasta

stir a bag of croutons in and douse the top in texas pete and it's 7/10 mac n chee

>my mom can't cook

Lazy fuck.

That's not what sodium or potassium citrate does. It's a an emulsifier. When you heat cheese for instance the oils in the cheese can separate, a slight amount of citrate will cause them to emulsify. I do mean a slight amount.

emulsify = cream, jesus do I need to use tard language?

Maybe for different things?

it cuts the long chain protein bonds, is that better?

>emulsify = cream
Not really.

No. That's not better at all, why do you think that it does?

then don't really use my recipe and go somewhere quiet and gently fuck yourself. Regardless of how absolutely correct I am.

Aren't you the hoity toit one?

I don't see any recipe here from you, so you were saying?

I love that you fucking idiots argue against truth late at night because you have nothing else. I fucking love it. I'm watching the new Homeland and listening to you people mewl.

No, macaroni with a bechamel sauce is 1000x better than Kraft. How could you think anything else?

So give me that truth, I'm willing to learn, but apparently you are nobody to teach.

You're just an asshole.

Because you're late to the argument like a gaping asshole, let me refresh you.

You really want to know? Elbow macaroni, cooked to done, grated cheddar coated with a bunch of cornstarch, 2 tbsp of milk in the noodles, 1 tbsp of butter in the noodles, slowly mix in the cheddar over heat. If it thickens to much put in more milk. Add salt.

That's perfect Mac and cheese. Assholes notwithstanding. I know you people are stupid, but I will feed stupid people.

That's stupid and not what sodium or potassium citrate does.

We can agree to disagree.

You really can't just be an adult, can you?