Steamed buns

Are these delectable little beauties as delicious as they look? What does it feel like when you pierce the meat chamber? All the asian places by me are poor and dirty so I'll never know...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M-Xq4Y6l_PY
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lump#English
youtube.com/watch?v=qJe3cdM7f1c
thewoksoflife.com/2015/05/steamed-bbq-pork-buns-char-siu-bao/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>All the asian places by me are poor and dirty

You dumb shit, that’s where the best buns are.

They are amazing

Describe them to me

Not necessarily, but yes that is a dumb reason to write off a dim sum place. Look online for recs in your area op.

Steamed and baked buns are awesome. I like steamed more, but that is just me.
seconding this. The best place to get buns around here is shady looking hole in the wall spot where the people working the counter barely speak English, and it looks like the health inspector could show up any minute and shut it down.

But I'm afraid of ingesting bug poop.

Then make sure you wear a muffle over your mouth when you go to sleep at night.

youtube.com/watch?v=M-Xq4Y6l_PY

>pierce the meat chamber

It feels good.

You call hamburgers steamed buns?

I'm from Utica and never heard people say steamed buns...

Had these in Taiwan and thought they were one of the best things I'd ever eaten. I wish I could find them stateside

Why go through all the trouble making these when you could just eat literally anything else. Pointless.

nigga just make them you're on a cooking board

I do just fine with the ladies, believe me. I only cook simple things. Meat, noodles, bread, vegetables. I guarantee chicks would laugh at most of the cooking you do. If you are a man you grill meats. Broil meats and vegatables. Simple.

>Being this insecure

You call Dumplings Steamed buns?

>tfw u pierce the meat chamber

I bought a few Baozi at a local asian grocery, they were pretty delicious.

Formerly Chuck's

What the heck is this guy on about

why do americans reffer to Kartoffelklößen as dumplings?

Derivation of lump
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lump#English

BELIEVE HIM

Its a regional dialect

You should be able to find them at a Shanghai restaurant

That's a Shanghainese dish

Are you stupid

Nobody asked for or cares a single bit about you

I'm from berlin and I've never heard of that

Alda you're missing something. Klösse is where the party's at

youtube.com/watch?v=qJe3cdM7f1c

You should be able to buy frozen ones at an asian store, or maybe even in a supermarket. They wont be as good as freshly made, but theyre a quick, nice snack

>Are these delectable little beauties as delicious as they look?
your first one will be ambrosia, but then you'll realise that they rarely ever put enough filling inside which results in too much bun and not enough yum

Where you at?

Anyone got a recipe? I think I have all the ingredients but I'll probably miss something if I don't use a recipe.

100% of chocolate bars you have eaten have contained some amount of insect, including their shit.

There's an acceptable level of this kind of shit (rat shit as well) in food, according to the USA.

Best part of living in California is the easy availability of (good) "ethnic" cuisine. I've got at least a half dozen dim sum places within 20 minutes of me.

I've been meaning to make either this or the baked version on the same site but never got around to it
thewoksoflife.com/2015/05/steamed-bbq-pork-buns-char-siu-bao/

I made some a few weeks ago, I was pretty disappointed. I probably just need to make changes though. I found that the bun to meat ratio was just wrong and the bun that was practically just flour was so boring. Maybe I have to roll it even flatter and make the meat inside saucier. I don't know.

Steam buns are sold in 7/11 here.

Dim sum is just 1 type of cuisine though

>Best part of living in California is the easy availability of (good) "ethnic" cuisine.
Most of it is mediocre though and there's no good pizza or bbq places unless you pay out the noise.

Those kinds of places are a real gamble. We have this Vietnamese place where I live that I was unsure about for a while. But don't they have the best coffee in town.

This the place i like has his 10 yearold daughter take orders for him cause he cant speak english

ying du bakery at 38th and 8th in nyc has the best barbecue pork buns

you need to give texture to the bun

The seafood ones I had at a Shanghai restaurant gave me a terrible case of food poisoning to where, on the flight out, I managed to fill up one airsickness bag in one go, pass out, then wake up and fill up half of another one.

But I would eat them again. They were that good.

I did everything some asian guy told me to do. It's just that the bun itself was bland, really.

>Puts eel into dough
That wirru be 5 dorra gaijinsan

I feel as if this man could make some excellent synth pop

I'll have to try it. I get bbq pork steam buns from Fay Da bakery, they have a few locations in Manhattan and Queens. Really good stuff.

I got a meat chamber for ya