Why are all chink buffets the same?

why are all chink buffets the same?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137617083
cafeko.com/
88buffet.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Americans know what they want and it is deep fried meat in brown sauce, not chicken feet

Because I want deep fried meat in brown sauce, not chicken feet.

Me Chinese, me make joke, me go pee-pee in your Coke

The Chinese aren't big on taking chances. Instead they just copy stuff that works. Some stores in China won't let you record inside because they're afraid you're trying to copy the way they run their store, layout, what items you stock and in what amount, etc.

>chinese buffet
>serves american-chinese food not chinese food

That's an amerifat buffet. The only "chink" thing about it is that "chinks" cash in on it.

american-chinese is best chinese

if you're a fatfuck, sure

because everything down to the menu is supplied to them as a package by sysco, same reason that generic chinese takeouts are the same

True story China embassy to the US has made efforts to market "chinese food" with specific guidelines on texture and flavor to booster the American public opinions about Chinese culture.

If it ain't broke!

because its a cookie cutter amerifat staple that will always be the go to diet of amrifucks

this fucking low tier cuisine has got me so disgusted by how ameritards eat..

even some cheap italian restaurants serve better food than this dog meat shit. the the food isnt fresh either. bullshit filler meats with sugar coated coats of sauces. bland fucking rices and fucking cheap bland tasting fucking noodles and pleb tier starches

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137617083

>
My family and I went here for dinner. Everything was ok, the waiter was nice and gave good service. However towards the middle of our meal the table next to us was full and left a ton of uneaten shrimp mixed with shrimp shells on their plate. The manager came by and grab the plate with the shrimp. I throught she was going to throw everything away. But I then saw her picking out the uneaten shrimp from the shells. She than walked towards the buffet and throw the shrimp back on the buffet. I was dismay at what I saw, I than asked the waiter why she did that. The waiter answer me by saying that the resturant was losing money and that this is one of their ways by cutting cost. The waiter than went on by saying that they reuse the old food at night in the morning and that she also throws back uneaten steak, cookies, and sushi.

I than went up to the front and I spoke with the manager and told her what I saw. She acted like nothing had happen. We got into it than the owner came out. I told the owner what I had saw and she than spoke to the manager in chinese. The owner than turn to me and told me that the manager would never do anything like that and that she has been with the company for 8 years. I than ask the owner if I am a liar. She than just walked away into the kitchen. I told the manager that I would never come back and that I would tell everyone what had happen. She just laughed and said whatever, you're word against mine. Please everyone spread the word and lets get this gross place shut down for good.

And here is a link to their website. Seems like they have more than one resturant.

cafeko.com/

Because its so yummy... mmmmm
deep fried doughnuts mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMmMm

mmmm yummy. You know you want 1.. or maybe 50z Go ahead, take a handful

those cream cheese wontons tho

>fake news

I eat nothing but the chicken on a stick and soft serve

holy shit... that's chicken. always called it mystery meat.

They're not. You've just never set a foot in another kind of asian restaurant, because let's face it, you only want the Americanized shit.

because all chink food in the USA is the same

dog world

>why are all chink buffets the same?
The serious answer is because they all LITERALLY ORDER FROM THE SAME PROVIDER

I remember reading about this a while ago - Chinese restaurants in the USA have ONE main provider for stuff like raw produce, meats, cutlery, etc, and this company sells ingredients specifically for certain dishes so it's really fucking easy for all these Chinese companies to make the same shit

It's kind of like franchises of a corporate restaurant with extra steps

Because the Chinese are not original. They just spy, steal, infringe copyright/patents, and follow tried-and-true recipes.

Because they should all be avoided at all costs.

I learned my lesson when eating at the nicest Chinese restaurant in one city. I saw a kid walk by with his plate half full of food, dump it back on the buffet being careful to put each thing on the plate in the proper bin, and then refill the plate with other foods.

Think that's bad?

At one restaurant I used to go to, only because others I was with wanted to go (I detested the place), people always violated the health codes by taking their plate back and refilling it being sure to tap the spoons against the plate.

And then one day the local firefighters were eating and saw the manager cleaning off a table that had several plates that still contained food. She took them back to the buffet and put the food back on the buffet.

Word of the second sure got around because it is pretty rare to see any cars parked outside the place.

If you like eating food from other people's plates, Chinese buffets are the place to go.

One other thing. If you order from the menu at a Chinese buffet and what you order is available from the buffet, that is where they will fill your plate from.

So don't order anything that is on the buffet. Since most seem to prefer fried rice, if you order white rice you should get it fresh from the kitchen and not something that's been sitting on the buffet.

Do you remember the company?

sysco asian foods

lol you mad

looks good

This is 100% true, but it's not just a corporate thing, it's a culture thing. All Chinese restaurants are the same because of guanxi, a network of favors.

One guy with passable English and business sense comes over and sets up a restaurant. He brings over his family and friends to work in it. A lot of the time, they all live with him. After several years, the restaurant is successful, their debt is payed off, they've learned the trade, and they buy the restaurant from him from what they've saved. Then the first guy takes the money and his family and sets up another restaurant elsewhere. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Same deal with menus and signage. I worked in a Chinese joint for two years, they have a national newspaper just for the Chinese restaurant community. There's like one or two major national companies that do all the signs and menus. I'm betting the owners of those started in the business, sold their restaurants, and then their friends owe them a guanxi favor for getting them started, so they buy all their shit from the first guys. Somebody starts a newspaper so everyone new knows where to get their shit, and so on.

Same reason China is corrupt as fuck. Everything is nepotism, bribes, gifts, and favors. It's all guanxi.

Because authentic Chinese food is disgusting.

>american-chinese is best chinese

no. not even a little bit. An authentic Sichuan hot pot is god-tier compared to any "American-Chinese" fried bullshit in HFCS sauce. Go explore a real city and try some real food. Otherwise, just neck yourself mate.

I work on a dock and we always load Sysco shit but the majority of it looks Mexican.

Because cat and dog is illegal in the states.
/thread

are you stupid ??? many people own cats and dogs as pets... there's national competitions for judging cats and dogs in America... I think you need to get checked out... serious...

Because all the chefs are white

They only serve what can be easily cooked

>Went to a Chinese buffet
>One guy single handedly eats all the fucking crab
>Would go up to the counter and without a care in the world or a bit of shame stacks his plate with all the legs
>When they refilled it he rushed in to clear it out a second time
Should the staff have done something? Personally I didn't want crab that day but some people I were with were totally butthurt about it.

he paid for it you mongoloid

That's when you go and take a dump on his car

Because all chinks are the same.

So did everyone else there that couldn't get any.

my chinese buffet is different than those but dosn't have dessert or lots of items

basically its the same exact food that you would get for take out but served as a buffet

I used to go to a place that had the crab legs and there would always be some family of minorities that would rush and eat all the crab legs as soon as they got put out

that's not his problem

Haven't been to one in years, but used to really like the red bean sesame rolls.

It was you wasn't it, you were the guy sitting in a corner booth by himself with 2 stacked plates of nothing but crab legs.

They would if it was a low markup item or whatever. Should have bitched about it or slapped the fucking plate out of his hands.
Literally autistic.

where did the chinese buffet touch you user?

>single odd piece of sushi
nani

I see three, the one next to the typical sushi is one of those sweet ones and next to that one is seaweed and something else.

ive been to dozens of chinese buffets but ive never seen one that has served sushi, occasionally some japanese food but never straight up sushi. Is this a meme from places with no asians?

Chink is a racial slur, and you shouldn't use it just to be funny.

It isn't funny, but more importantly if you sling it to casually people will hate you with good reason.

t. Chink

Kike actually, but my concern is obviously connected to that.

I bet you are a real gas at parties.

You could say the same thing about a million other styles of ethnic food e.g. pretty much all Italian places have fettuccine alfredo and pizza, pretty much all sushi places have identical menu options (certainly the *quality* isn't identical, but you'll find the same salmon roll, yellowtail, eel, etc.), pretty much all Mexican places have tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tres leches, and so on.

Wasting good food is a cardinal sin in my book.
I see no problem here, so long as it's not going to make anybody actually sick (and I'm not talking about some psycho-somatic illusion of cross-contamination).

>Wasting good food is a cardinal sin in my book.
That's stupid. It's not like throwing out food is ever going to increase world hunger or anything (per that old "people are starving in Africa so you have to finish your plate" argument), and if it impacts you financially either as an individual or as a business then you already had a bigger problem to begin with and focusing on a little food going in the trash is just a distraction.

>not wasting things is stupid
( y o u )

hush puppies low key best thing at chinaman 88 buffet

Forcing yourself to eat when you're already full is stupid. Why should you give yourself stomach problems just to say you didn't throw out any food? That's basically just superstitious retardation.

Chinaman is pretty funny, though.

And if you aren't eating it but saving it that's also stupid because leftover food just gets worse in quality and you might never even get around to eating it soon which can lead to disgusting refrigerator hoarding.

>a real gas
Oy vey

>the chinese aren't big on taking chances
>what is gambling

chinese people have no originality and will desperately attempt to copy whatever works. The moment that a known solution is provided to them, thought ceases entirely and they take it

It is American-American. Not American-Chinese.

chink buffet is not just a style of service but its also its own style of cuisine. buffet service is more of a western thing while most chinks are adept to table service.

ive been to hong kong and taiwan and now that i think about it, i have never seen a buffet outside of the hotels complimentary breakfasts and sunday brunch, table service is the norm there.

I suspect it is a conspiracy and they are building a sleeper army.

gambling is entertainment, not a business plan

t. Third generation dog eater

Your grandparents literally prefer yank-chink food to """authentic""" and for good reason

no surprise there

>go to buffet
>eat like fifteen kabobs
>have some mint icecream after
literally every single time, Veeky Forums though

>grandparents
> ww II
> nothing to do with cats and dogs
Get over yourself and you want me to remind of instruments of surrender?

The buffet near me has plain chicken you can just add to whatever. I clean it out whenever I go now, put it in my salad and curry.

It isn't the kind of buffet this thread is about, though I suppose it is Asian since it's in Japan.

>god-tier
sweet reddit meme newfriend

The food you eat is top quality, if your jasmine rice grains get a tiny bit mushy and you entirely lose your appetite at the thought you clearly are the cause of food wastage. There actually would be less hunger if we didn't waste food.

try the harris teeter asian buffet, the meatball dish is really tasty, however it is about 10,000 calories per meatball, so make sure you are on a nice run/stair climbing/lifting regiment before trying it.

Ive never seen a buffet outside a hotel anywhere except america.

On the very rare instance that I go to a Chinese buffet any more, it will be shortly after they open for the meal. I do that in hopes that the food I'm about to eat has been freshly cooked and not been sitting around for hours.

And no matter what, I won't go to a Chinese buffet more than an hour after they open. If they open for supper at 5 pm, I won't go in after 6 pm.

because idiot white people pile in to buy it every time

Where do they get these tried and true recipes?

America, mostly.

>tfw you do the same exact thing but with the meat on a stick

Fpbp

i went to an asian buffet and they played hatsune miku ievan polka for 10 ten minutes

>filler meats
what are filler meats?

>illusion of cross-contamination
Bait. But people will spit pieces of food back onto their plate if they get a bit of gristle or something, sneezing and not caring where it goes or washing their hands after blowing their nose, not washing their hands after taking a shit, etc. You'll most likely be fine eating that leftover food but it's still going to make someone sick eventually, and you don't know what else that restaurant would be doing and how long it is until they have an outbreak of botulism or something. A lot of buffets just tell you that they'll charge you for the wasted food if you're doing it excessively. You should also only being taking small portions if you're getting near the end of your meal so you don't waste any, you can always get up and get more.

at most of them there's this terrible but amazing seafood meledy they cover in cheese

I have no idea what it's called but it's my favorite fucking thing and I always get it even at the trashy dive buffets

There is a great Chinese buffet in Huntsville, AL called 88 Buffet.

88buffet.com/

Easily the best I've been to.

Do you have AIDS or something else that rekt your immune system

I hate niggers like this at buffets. I also hate when people get way too much on a plate and don't even eat half.

The actual issue is that these fucking cretins can't actually service themselves properly and fill their plates with what they think they want and not what they're actually going to eat. Buffets were a mistake.

It's easy, cheap, and it sells.

Those things are so fucking good when they're fresh. One of my true weaknesses when it comes to food

Nah. The worst that I've ever gotten from a buffet was a stomachache and diarrhea later that night after eating spoiled chicken. But I still don't want to be eating another person's snot and saliva, and if a buffet pulls that stuff then they're going to keep serving spoiled foods too.

>ethnicity of this poster: mutt