Weekend lunch/dinner thread

Hello anons!

It's been a while since last time I posted what I've made so here it is. I usually post in fml threads but he seems to be missing

So let's post what we made this weekend! Hopefully we can keep the thread alive including tomorrow
Surely Veeky Forums cooks enough to keep a thread alive for 2 days right?

Today I made some make-shift polenta/mamaliga, only to realize half-way through that the cornmeal was somehow precooked. Didn't this even existed, but I couldn't find cornmeal anywhere else. Guess I have to expand my search radius

Anyway, steamed some asparagus and fried some red onions with shrooms. Never had asparagus before and I gotta say, for that price I'd be just as fine having broccoli instead

>post last thing you cooked
>your general impression/lessons learned
>shit on other's food
>'av a good tiem
>if no food, post kots doggos & birbs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DMoXmG-RDWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Breakfast: 1/2 pint of vodka
Lunch:
Leftover seaweed salad
2 raw egg yolks
1 raw garlic clove, chewed
shot of cod liver oil
Handful of supplements

I was gonna ask people to post pics but now I'm reconsidering desu
i-it's optional

tomorrow I'll make some tuna pasta with a simple tomato sauce; open to suggestions for ways to make it slightly more exciting

brap

I had yucca fries with steak from a food truck today.

Shut up, woman

I don't think I've ever had those
they look nice :3

Breakfast
>three crispbreads w/ liver pate, thickly spread
>small banana & coffee inbetween
Dinner
>1 (One) rotisserie chicken leg, reheated from yesterday.
Supper
>three eggs scrambled in pan, seasoned with garlic powder, cumin, pepper and salt.

it was a good meal, it's a nicer texture than potato fries

>three eggs
why is this the best amount of eggs?

for actual breakfast (so not the 11:45 breakfast) I usually do 2 and a sammich
if it's basically lunch 3 is obviously the best because there's enough egg to keep all the other stuff I put in together and balance out the taste/texture
I like adding green onions and super thin half slices of tomato; even threw in some shrooms once

doesn't sound like you ate all that much user, even I had more today and I'm a thin manlet

I actually made this last weekend but close enough.

NY Strip that I smoked first, then seared and served with garlic horseradish cream sauce.
Asparagus sauteed in olive oil with cajun seasoning.
Egg noodles with butter, herbs and garlic.
Arugula and cherry tomato salad tossed with some olive oil and balsamic because I had some leftover arugula I wanted to use before it went bad.

I'm planning to make some kind of italian sausage and white bean "chili" based on one of Chef John's recipes tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't come out terribly.

Did you make the sauce? If so, how did you make it?

Yeah, I made it with creme fraiche, grated garlic and horseradish, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper and some minced parsley.

>I smoked first, then seared and served with garlic horseradish cream sauce
to my embarrassment I don't think I ever put this much work into meat
looks real nice user
oh and post chef john video sauce pls, I liek him and try one of his ideas every month or so

>posting OC

It really not that much work. I just fire up the smoker, season the steaks, smoke until they hit about 110 internal which took about an hour and a half for the strips, then sear them over a high flame on the grill.

Also: youtube.com/watch?v=DMoXmG-RDWI

I do usually eat more, but I haven't been very hungry today.

Filet mignon, beets, potato, garlic

d-do you just eat the garlic separate like that?
good filet

judging by this thread I just up my meat game

I just made a quick lunch salad by chopping up some onion, asparagus, and tomato into bits and adding portabella mushroom sauteed in balsamic. Finished up the dressing with a dollop of yogurt. Wus pretty gud.

You can eat it by itself or spread it on the other stuff