A burger is not a sandwich

a burger is not a sandwich

>inb4 a burger is a sandwich

a burger is not a sandwich

But a burger is delicious.

hamburgers are not from hamburg germany.

a sandwich is two pieces of bread with a non vegetarian protein supplement squeezed between non kosher wheat based bread that is leavened.

The Earl of Sandwich never visited Hamburg in his life and I think he would be very unhappy to find people classifying a hamburger under the same umbrella as own creation.

ive bin trigd.

r 2

>history
>learn it

no, the hamburg steak is from hamburg germany. when german immigrants came to america during the industrial revolution they brought their food including the hamburg steak, sold it to people, and made it into a sandwich because it was easier to eat with your hands.

The American hamburger was named after immigrants who shipped from the port of hamburg and later invented it in America

this is dumb though, no "neutral" person considers a hot dog a sandwich.
In cases like burgers, the only reason they are not sandwiches is that there is already a name for them, not because of any qualitative difference in their production

The germans didn't invent ground beef
Hamburg steaks are made differently than the traditional hamburger, often with added ingredients you don't see in hamburgers
It's true that the Hamburg steak was the precursor to hamburger, hamburgers are not an invention of Germany
You'd have a better argument if you were trying to convince us that meatloaf was invented in hamburg, which it pretty much was

You don't understand classification and sub classification. You need more genus

>sem(ite)antics

you're right tho

similar story with hot dogs too. they werent eaten with buns until they were brought to america.

i thought the greeks invented wieners in buns

no, some guy in st louis did in 1904.

nice dubs

Structural purist, ingredient neutral for me. I can accept 'sandwich' being used to describe ingredient rebel constructions, but only in the generic, rather than culinary, meaning of the term.

Nah. Hot Dogs were invented in the US but the concept of eating a sausage in a bun comes from West German wine areas. They have a dish called Weck, Worscht un Woi which was commonly serverd during breaks. It was a sausage, a bun and a glass of wine.

back in the old days, everything could be called hamburg steak, even hamburgers, immigrants were not picky and did not follow the recipes very closely

Are muffins cakes?

A main ingredient between any type of bread is a sandwich

>An open faced sandwich isn't a sandwich
These are the people who post on Veeky Forums.

Fuck 'em. A hot brown is the best sandwich, they can fight me.

A shepherd's pie is not a pie simply because it's in the name. Same goes for open faced sandwiches

pop tart is closer to ravioli than it is to a sandwich

>Key innovation in a sandwich is that it allows you to hold and eat the food in one hand and without making a mess
>Lol but what if we had a sandwich that wasn't that?
Kys

>Oh noes, I can't stuff my fat fucking face with one hand while jerking my gambling addiction with the other!
That's (You). Food evolves, numbnuts. "Open-faced" just means the meat, veg and sauce are served on a slice of bread, like a sandwich with the face taken off. Dicknose.

But it is a pie, savory pies are a thing, dingus.

But ravioli is sandwich

real pies involve pastry. a shepard's pie is cassarole topped with mashed potato & cheese. Its not a true pie.

Sometimes you're right, but typically you are wrong.

A burger is a meat disk usually served in sandwiches