What's your favorite british dish?

what's your favorite british dish?

none of them

british rose

slag pussy

Spotted dick

Is this actually good or just a meme?

it's british. what do you think?

whatever man, i don't think british food is all bad. i'm legit curious about stargazy pie, don't kill my vibe

The British Empire conquered the world to get spices then decided it didn't like any of them

Fish pie can be pretty good. But it's usually made with haddock or cod and those heads look like something else. Also, it's way better with puff pastry but that looks like shortcrust.

It's probably a meme dish.

Yorkshire parkin is great, like halfway between ginger cake and flapjack.

Uma delicia user

toast sandwich.

Epic Scottish food

Move over deplorables

I'm a toast sandwich kinda guy

Fish pie?

Pork pie
Cornish pasty
Toad in a hole
Jacket potato with tikka masala on top
Cockles with vinegar
It's all so fucking gross but delish at the same time.

>Error: Duplicate file exists. here.

>bowl of sick
sounds about right tbdesu

>welsh rabbit
>there's no rabbit

stargazy pie

Hoo boy is this the hourly British food meme thread?

Perfecto

Stargazy pie is quite nice. Its made with pilchard and egg

that better be tea there sunny jim
also needs double portions of everything there

Yardbirds ina piggle-wiggly-poo

A slice of India

You can see it's tea, tea has a much more vibrant colour than coffee.

British food is a strange thing. We do have loads of pretty unique dishes but our traditional food culture was severely damaged by the industrial revolution happening so quickly here. As so many families were dragged into the city many traditional recipes were lost.

Great British food that's underrated:

Suet pudding, both sweet and savory

Cheeses. Yarg, Shropshire blue, poacher, Caerphilly plus the more obvious ones like Stilton

We do the best goddamm pies

Deserts: lots of these are relatively well known but Eton mess, bakewell tart, fruit fools, Ecclefechan tart, crumble, scones, treacle tarts, sticky toffee pudding, summer pudding

Plus we produce some of the best quality meat and game, chutneys, jams, veg and seafood like langoustines and scallops

In Britain fish pie pretty much always has mashed potato topping rather than pastry. Filling is usually fish and smoked fish in a white sauce with capers and sliced egg. Genuinely the most comforting food of all time.

I make one with hot smoked salmon and prawns with sliced cornichon and dill.

pie n mash

Doesn't the texture of the salmon get mushy and dried out since it's fully cooked in the hot smoke then baked in the pie again? I've always thought overcooked salmon was awful.