Any dumpster divers here?

Any dumpster divers here?
I'm curious but nervous to try.
Any tips?

I hit bagel places after closing a few times. Garbage bags full of perfectly good bagels.

bump, my parents use to take us dumpster diving behind Hastings to get free and almost still fresh flower bouquets.

In the dumpster? What days of the week?
There's a bakery close by.

All grocery stores in my area and most of the fresh food places (I've worked for several) put heavy locks on the dumpsters, and have to slash open packages being thrown out so that they're not edible if you break in.
I don't believe any of the "wow look guys I found $500 worth of fine wine and fresh cheese" shit you see. If dumpster diving was viable for anything except some rare produce (after you hose the bleach and garbage juice off it) everyone would be doing it.

Were you really that hard up for flowers?

Here they use closed steel compactors, even small locally owned places. Dumpster diving hasn't existed for a long time

bump

shitlog

Can confirm. Used to work at a shitty bagel/coffee shop and we threw out tons of bagels every night. Got to take home at least dozen not-so-stale bagels every night I closed

>Dumpster diving

Oh come on.

Bump. I used to dive pizza

Just right at closing?

>dumpster diving
americans never cease to surprise me

I usually stop by the local bakery a bit before closing time and they literally sell the old stuff off for the cost of the bag they put it in.
The stuff is never even stale, but they still need to get rid of it to keep their "fresh baked daily" reputation

>he wouldn't

Seem like we went fridays, sometimes I would find pc gamer and playboy mags

My mom liked free flowers, and I had fun diving. the Hasting dumpster was mostly paper products and sometimes other businesses around would dump there

imagine the biofuels that could be created if we all recycled

Eww that's disgusting actually. When i go dumpster diving i only pick food that is wrapped in intact packaging and has no dirt on it. I would never grab stuff from the dumpster that has no packaging. American dumpsters are especially disgusting. Good thing the store where i dive keeps their dumpsters very clean unlike 3rd world shithole afrimerica.

why do people hate the US so much, you can't find one thread without America are especially evil. How is American dumpsters more disgusting than a finland dumpster?

Completely off topic

god dammit capitalism.

nice job

thats not the case in nyc or new jersey

ITT: people with no sense of shame or dignity

if it pisses off the jew and makes them lose sheckles I am all for it

>why do people hate the US so much

Rothschild's pawns, working evil, to answer simply.

>being elitist about eating discarded food from a dumpster
Now I've seen it all

pretty sure rothschild/ george soros is pro european union and hates Trump

has anyone else noticed help wanted signs are up all over the place? you should eat those signs, OP.

all having dignity does is make you lose money.its for suckers.

You jealous?

omg wow

Dumpster diving is a bit viable if your in a college town at the end of a semester. A buddy of mine would find jewelry, clothes, unopened bottles of wine and liquor, and electronics slightly used. Things of note he found were a pair of Air Jordan's, a fur coat, three Nintendo DS's (all functioning), and a clean working microwave.

I personally only found some stand lights, a VCR/DVD player, and a copy of mario 64.

I'd never eat opened food however.

Yes. And Trump will bring the shitshow down in due time. It will take time though. And it will require unfortunate events. But it is in the greater good.

>eating jew trash costs them money
>i can't even imagine having children
please go find your home someplace not here

All THAT came out of a DUMPSTER for FREE? God DAMN

I don't give a fuck. I'd grab some off the top

No the trash

Even better

Eating half-eaten trash food is kinda gross dude.

this made me laugh thanks

Fuck off, I'm saving them.

When I was a janitor I'd eat a lot of the food that was discarded. We're talking whole pizza boxes and donut trays and shit, with nothing else even in the trash can. Why not, at that point?

In that case, you're in the clear. And I'd do the same, too.