How long to bake drumsticks?

I'm going to cook some drum sticks for the first time, salt, pepper, olive oil, italian seasoning, bbq saus probably after they come out, maybe some modelo and cajun seasoning. Anyway, how long will it take for them to bake roughly? I'm never cooked chicken that wasn't torn up in a skillet or something.

It's not time, it's temperature. 165F internally. Every time.

I love drum sticks because they're HARD to overcook. They're in fact far to chewy when undercooked, so you want to let them go for a long time. I generally bake mine for about 40 minutes. Also make sure your pat them dry beforehand for crispier skin.

I don't have one of those thermostats you can pierce to check the innards temp, what's another way to tell?

350 or about (380 for more crispness) for about 45 minutes. Check em after that. Might need 15 more minutes. I make this every week with potatoes and carrots because it's dirt cheap.

You should but one, they're like $5 and extremely helpful.

jam it in the thigh meat. Cook hot because it's a small cut, but cook to doneness at 165.

>Potatoes and carrots
I agree

It's on my list, just haven't been able to get one around here recently.

>thermostat

>not setting your chicken to a comfy 75°

thermocouples, thermatic nichrome coupling devices of oddly fused metals.

nickel and chrome I think, knucklecouples.

He means thermometer.
Probably not a native English speaker.

metallic thermal-paste lance of longitude spear.

flamberge shaped devices you stab repeatedly into your tiny legs until you can tell a real temperature before you serve the paste to your suffering clients.

bake 350 degrees for one hour. flip them at 30 minutes. perfect everytime. i usually season with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and chili powder

@30-40 minutes. If you don't have a meat probe, just poke to the bone of the largest one through the thickest part and if the juices run clear, they're done.

a while

*@ 400F

way too warm put on a fucking sweater or something, fuck women and their sweltering goddamn chicken

I put it in about 10 minutes ago at 375 and I will go to turn them over in another 15. I switched to a square pan because that's all I had and it was still kinda cramped. I need to go buy some larger pans I guess because I didn't realize how small these were.

it's nearly impossible to overcook chicken legs.
They aren't like breasts and can go to 180F and become more tender.

No no no bad, you don't want them wrapped tightly like that. I use a metal grate above a shallow pan. That gets them off the ground. You want as much open air skin contact as possible or the they'll be mushy

You should have put them in at 400 like other user said, now your skins wont crispy, but they already werent because of how you crowded that pan. Nice job user.

Between a grate like this and a thermometer it's basically impossible to mess up legs

I'm raising them up then and raising the temp a little.

As good as it's going to get.

Be careful the juice is going to run all over that and make it impossible to pick up

grease fire.

I feel like in the 20 minutes they were in that other pan a lot of the grease cooked out into that pan. I had to drain it when I cleaned it just now, but I will keep an eye on it regardless.

>400•F for 35mins
>poke the thickest piece deep to the bone
>if the chicken “bleeds” clear you’re good to go

Make sure your chicken is slightly cooler than room temp before you start. Save yourself from a charcoal exterior and raw interior

in a 400F oven, those drumsticks will cook through in about 45 min. keep them on the top rack to help the skin get crispy. At the end of 45 min, turn on the broiler for 1-2 min to guarantee crispy skin.

This is not helpful.

I just flipped and poked, the juice isn't totally clear, but it isn't red or pink at all. We good?

sear the skin in an oven safe pan first
then bake for 30 min

RIP in peace OP

I typically cook legs and thighs, using two sheets.

What i do is set the oven to 375 and cook for twenty minutes and then switch racks then do another twenty.

After which i then place one rack on the highest, and turn on the broiler to crisp up the skin

I'll try broiling it at the end there next time but I think I need more then a drizzle of oil next time as well.

hope there's a fire dept. and a red cross nearby

I only made one splash blast and that was when I was taking them out, it was a tiny fucker, sizzled like a nickel.

Do 160, the resting will bring it upto 165.

enjoy your tough and stringy legs.

sold.

slime is good too.

Learn to cook

350° for 20 minutes.

I do, thats why chicken dark meat needs more than 165F to tenderize.