What's your favorite bar food, Veeky Forums?

What's your favorite bar food, Veeky Forums?

Ranch dressing.

Beer. I don't eat at bars, only people who are fat fucks or don't know decent food eat at bars. I'd rather eat before or after at a decent establishment than pay $5 for microwaved food or some nuts.

There's a bar in Indy called Granite City. They're expensive and not the best in the world, but I go there once a year every year during GenCon because they have my single favorite beer in the world, one of their homebrews. I also eat there once, their food is quite solid. Best thing there are the waffle fry nachos. It's exactly what it sounds like: unhealthy and huge and greasy and amazingly delicious. Those waffle fries plus a cold beer on a hot Indy summer day are the absolute nuts.

You go to some shitty bars.

Most bars around me have a fully staffed kitchen and a decent menu. It's actually the smartest thing a bar can do. The mark up on alcohol is nowhere near as good as the markup on food.

Nachos if done properly.

Fried pickles/mushrooms/green tomatoes
t.southerner

poutine. the only pub/bar in town has a real salty gravy that is fucking perfect 4 beers in. i usually can't eat it all which makes me feel bad that i am wasting food. i think i will start asking for a half order.

sliders
boneless honey bbq wings
southwest eggrolls if they are homemade or chilis

thats actually my triple dipper order ;)

are you sure?
The mark up on booze is pretty fucking high.At least in the US.

spinach dip

Guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The overhead and shrinkage in fresh food is astronomical compared to booze and kitchen staff cost more than a bartender

I worked at a super cheap bar. Draft beer $1.50 - $2 and well liquor for $3, cheap as anywhere you'll find.
In general, beer was priced twice our cost and liquor priced triple our cost. So other bars must be making obscene margins.

Wedges w sweet chilli sauce and sour cream

Yakitori chicken thigh/hearts

this nastiness

You dont know what you are talking about. The bar i work at makes 20% profit on food and 80% profit on booze. The food just helps bring customers in.

Chicken parmigiana is normally my go to in a pub. I had one on Sunday.

Fried mushrooms then fried vegtables then hotwings. If a bar has none of these I go somewhere else when I get hungry.

Fried pickles, buffalo wings with blue cheese, nachos and poutine are pretty much my favorites.

>Egg in crisp crumbs

A place near me does some killer fish and chips on the cheap that I get every time I ago.

Other than I get a burger at bars of a philly cheese steak if the place has one.

Bar i went to had pulled pork fries. Fuckin godly. Either that or wings.