What's the best salad you've ever had?

What's the best salad you've ever had?

Only recently I realized salad is fucking fantastic. It's bullshit that salad gets maligned as "chick food" or "rabbit food" so often. I was eating sandwiches for decades before I understood that a good salad can be as good or better than a sandwich.

One time I got really drunk and my girlfriend took me to the grocery store. I got this massive fucking salad at the salad bar. I’m talking lettuce and spinach. Ham, turkey and bacon bits. Hard boiled eggs and shredded cheese. Carrots, onions, cauliflower and those little corn mother fuckers. Croutons and those Asian crunchy noodles. Caesar dressing.

Shit was fucking slamming.

The ancient greek or the modern greek from panera.

>cheese in salad

That's fairly common, I think. Look at the OP pic.

fairly common but not necessary

Blue cheese, pears, chicken, some other stuff I dont remember.

The grocery store by work that I sometimes go to for lunch got rid of their salad bar. I don't go as much as I used to now.

Hey I don’t care dude. I was drinking, they had shredded cheese there and I piled that fucking shit on too. You tell me you couldn’t resist piling all sorts of tasty foods after stumbling into a grocery store boozed up on rum and birch beers.

Spinach, shaved raw brussels, shaved green apple, blue cheese, cayenne/cinnamon spiced pecans, blueberries, and some balsamic vinaigrette

I am ashamed to admit that the grilled chicken and fresh vegetable salad at cracker barrell is my favorite salad. but. it's really good. after that I love a cobb salad with shrimp or chicken or a simple wedge salad with the best blue cheese possible.

No joke, OP pic-related. The cobb salad is just the patricians choice.

I really like the ones they make at my local panera. Get the Cobb salad with green goddess dressing for a transcendent experience.

>pan fried chicken breasts with greek seasoning
>add chopped chicken to romaine, red onions, kalamata olives, feta cheese, sliced cucumbers with fresh thyme and oregano leaves
>little bit of tzatziki as a salad dressing

>tzatziki as salad dressing

That's beautiful, man.

Nothing quite like it on a greek salad. You don't need a lot to cover everything and it's damn delicious

I thought it was a Chef’s salad. I was under the impression that a Cobb had tomatoes.

blue cheese dressing?
cheese on salad is awesome
shredded sharp cheddar is a favorite of mine

a lot of people like parm with their caesar salads

isn't salad greek for weeds / leaves with salt? or roman? something like that...

quad quads speak the truth

a loaded salad (pardon the pun) is the bomb
and probably helps with the hangover, I would guess...

Look on the right side of the plate

the best thing about the 90's was the ubiquitous salad bar. I swear to god you were never more than 2 blocks away from a salad bar once you were out of a residential area.

The best "salad" I've had was a Mexican salad. I got this picture of their facebook, but IRL it was like twice as much. It was so much, I could barely finish it. It was like an entire bag of Doritos topped with a ton of chilies, chicken, corn, beans, tomatoes and a ton of other shit. They were surprised I managed to finish it all, since they said that usually doesn't happen. It was fucking great though and I would visit it again if it wasn't so far away.

>this is a salad in America
Lmao

can't you read dipshit? it's a mexican salad

Only an amerifat would call that Mexican

>Mexico is not a North American country
Retard