Why do Americans think pizza is a ''pie''?

Why do Americans think pizza is a ''pie''?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/69O4PXzAQ5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Americans are weird in general.

/thread

Why does Yurop think tipping is weird when they get portions the size of their hands for $30+?

Because they dont. Only old italian americans call them pies.

So half the US posters on Veeky Forums are old Italian Americans?
Why do Americans always like to speak for their entire country when they probably have never ventured outside their Midwestern shithole state?

Only people from New York say that. My bitch of an ex was from New York and she was with me in another state and ordered a “pie”. The lady looked at her funny and said we don’t serve pie here, only pizza.

we don't, thats only a coastie thing. no flyover AKA real american will ever call a pizza a "pie"

Nah here we call them sauce circles with cheese.

They are americans, they are slowly moving to simple english and thus must group up everything they can into the same category
>Kartoffelkloß is a dumpling
>Aztec cake is an enchilada casserole
>Sausages are hot dogs
>anything with scrambled eggs is a breakfast ___
In a few years they will call lasagna a "italian casserole"

>why does every american think their way is best
>american
>way
>best
why does freedom bother you so?

>So half the US posters on Veeky Forums are old Italian Americans?
Are you suggesting that half of the posters on Veeky Forums call pizza "pie"?

Yes because they do.

Are you talking about all of the people who make fun of Chicago style pizza by calling it tomato and cheese pie? Because that isn't Americans thinking that pizza is a pie, that's a bunch of people claiming that deep dish isn't real pizza.

sshhhh, go to bed dumb bitch.

I’ve seen people on this board call it a ‘za. Now I’ve driven across the US twice and have been to a handful of countries, never once have I ever heard anyone in my entire life call it a ‘za. Not in person, on TV, on the radio, in a book, or in my fucking dreams.

Well, is it?

We don't. As far as I'm aware, it's used in comedy or prose in reference to old east coast corruption. The rest of the country does not believe it is a pie; unless we are talking about Chicago who tried to turn one into a damned soup in a crust, but Chicago is the bane of many here in America.

The US is willing to take in aspects from many different cultures, having so many different peoples. Rather than expecting everyone to speak 50 languages, people refer to a foreign object in their common tongue; this is called "translation" you dull-minded abortion.

We think it's pie here in Wakanda as well

>he doesn't dream about auth' 'go 'za

So taking away all characteristics from an object but the most obvious one is translation? What a shit translation that is

SNL did an entire skit on it a couple months back

who the fuck calls saucy grease disks pies

youtu.be/69O4PXzAQ5Y

What exactly is your argument? Indirect translation? Simplified english? Literal translations so one word comes out being 12?

Quoting a person who managed to be an edgy teenager all throughout life really doesn't give good credence to your argument. He was about halfway between old /b/ and Wolfy Blackheart.

>watches the pizza show oonce

If they only served pizza, why would you specify what type of food you're ordering? It could only be a pizza.

It's round and has a crust... calling it a topped flatbread just brings to mind bad moustaches, hitler youth haircuts, and effeminate lisps.

you're right, its a tart
calzones are pies

You've never sat in a dimly lit room, baked out of your gourd, and suddenly proclaimed "Let's get some fahkin za, breh [/bredren]!"?

Is that strictly backwoods Canadian tomfoolery?

You're a tart.

Why do Yuropoors worship big black cocks?