Ask white person for restaurant recommendation

>ask white person for restaurant recommendation
>"go to this ethnic place, total hole in the wall, it's dirty as fuck, and they don't even speak english. It's great!"
>go
>restaurant is dirty, service is horrible, food is garbage and seems to have been sitting in oil since yesterday
>literally gets shut down a month later for poor sanitation
Why the fuck do white people associate dirtiness with good food?

I don't know, why do retards think a cooking board is a good place to discuss /pol/ tier garbage?

They don't.
Hipster faggots do. They hardly represent all white people.

Because they're here .

You're probably trolling but fuck it.

There's a certain type of person, often but not always white, who is on a constant search for "authenticity." This is often, but not always, combined with seeking out things they consider exotic. It's not so much that they associate dirtiness with with good food directly, as that they associate it with lower income and they associate that with not being commercialized. Sometimes this leads to them finding places run by recent immigrants for the immigrant population, in which case it may indeed be more authentic and probably isn't as dirty as it seems. More often it just results in them finding places that haven't put in the time or effort to run a clean shop and are serving the same schlock you'd get anywhere else but with more health code violations.

You can also find this sort of thinking applying to pizza places, soul food places, and general "home cooking" type restaurants depending on where you live not just "ethnic" places.

Many people, especially sheltered and rich whites, take "authenticity" to mean unrefined, because they perceive all other cultures to be inferior savages, while still pretending to praise them to get social points for tolerance.
>"You haven't experienced Mexico until you've had charred goat anus tacos from a roadside shack!"
>*pays $10 for a bottle of asparagus water before pilates class"
You see the same phenomenon with hip white publications (Pitchfork for example) heaping praise upon trap and pop garbage, saying "it's woke" and "if you don't get it you must be racist". You think a 25yo professional blogger in San Francisco can relate to Kodak Black?

>Eww, it's too dirty here I might get sick!"
t. people who never ate at Sizzler.

Because it's rustic.

Apparently
Dirty Place = too much time focused on cooking instead of cleaning

The only thing shittier than this board is the janitors

are you a nigger?

>ask black person for restaurant recommendation
>"AY YO DAWG DEY GOT DA BESS FRY CHICKEN MAYNE IS ON POINT DAWG AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAA"
>go
>it's ok

Thanks black friends.

>Speak to black person
>Ends every sentence with "You know what I'm saying?"

Why do they do this?

They want to know if you know what they are saying, know what I'm saying?

At my job we call them "yo-yo tables' because it's always "yo lemme get this"
"yo can I get a water" "a yo lemme get tha check"

>At my job we call them "yo-yo tables'
I don't believe you.

>"a yo lemme get tha check"
Now I know you lyin. Know what i'm sayin

spicy flavours

I hope you left that white country immediately after.

Trolling aside, whites have been violently ripped from any culture/heritage they once had, it's especially terrible in the USA. They're going to latch onto anything that's even moderately exotic because they're not allowed to have anything else anymore, they can't identify with anything so they identify with whatever they've got, aka geek "culture", "authentic" food (aka find the dirtiest place in town and pretend you made a columbus-tier discovery), favorite musics, basically as many shallow consumerist chases as they can find to fill the void left by a robust Christian society.

It never works of course. My advice is to just ignore hipsters. They're lost in more ways than one, and they've got bad taste in food.

Sounds like he was recommending a place that felt like home, paco.

We just assume being authentically nonwhite means being a filthy unhygienic animal

He never said they said 'yo kids, stop making a mess' or 'yo lemme get the tip'.

This user is right
>tfw uppermidwestfag
>tfw the rest of the country doesn't realize they're the ones in the wrong

It also tends to be that people falsely associate 'Dirty and run down" with old, as in, it must have been around a long damn time and if it's been around a long damn time looking like this the food *has* to be good. my town has more than a few places like that that are institutions but look filthy but only because the place has been in operation like, ninety fuckin years or some shit like that.

Sure feels good to live in one of the few states that's so unique in culture that it's impossible to separate from. (Louisiana). Our food culture is awesome.