Bone Marrow

can someone explain this meme to me? and what's the Veeky Forums approved way of preparing it?

OOGA BOOGA TASTE GOOD.
PUT ON GRAIN AND EGG WATER.
ADD GREEN PLANT.

Mmmmm

no matter what they used to saw those bones in half there is a shit ton of bone splinters splattered all over that marrow

Fucktons of calcium or protein or some other healthy shit.

Best way of eating it is having those lamb cuts you buy in bulk for no money at all (I think it's the spine?) and then picking out the morsel of marrow from each piece.

>He doesn't enjoy splinter shits.

Has your dumb ass been eating spinal cord this entire time?

bone marrow is only found in long bones

she has a problem with her marrow

should I not?

Hope you enjoy excess spinal fluid.

Just break the ends off roasted or boiled bones and suck it out.

Ah good old season 2 Carl.

>this animal has sort of the ponties eyes....

>Steve?

In pressure cooked curry

nope, nope i don't

Only simple flavors

Parsley, lemon, garlic

Absolutely no sauces. Bread is optional

Forgo the marrow only meme and make osso buco.

Roast bone marrow and parsley salad, from Fergus Henderson's Nose to Tail eating

salad
12 * 7-8CM pieces of middle veal marrowbone
a healthy bunch of parsley, picked from its stems
2 shallots, peeled and very thinly sliced
1 modest handful of capers (extra-fine if possible)

dressing
juice of one lemon
extra virgin olive oil
a pinch of sea salt and pepper
a good supply of toast
coarse sea salt

put the bone marrow in an ovenproof frying pan and place in a hot oven. The roasting process should take about 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the bone. You are looking for the marrow to be loose and giving, but not melted away, which it will do if left too long. (traditionally the ends would be covered to prevent any seepage, but I like the colouring and cripness at the end).

Meanwhile lightly chop your parsley, just enough to discipline it, mix it with the shallots and capers, and at the last moment, dress.

Here is a dish that should not be completely seasoned before leaving the kitchen rendering a last minute seasoning unnecessary by the actual eater; this especially in the case of coarse sea salt, gives texture and uplift at the moment of eating. My approach is to scrape the marrow from the bone onto the toast and season with coarse sea salt. Then a pinch of parsley salad on top of this and eat. Of course once you have your pile of bones, salad, toast, and salt it is 'liberty hall'.

'This is the one dish that does not change on the menu at St. John. The marrowbone comes from a calf's leg; ask your butcher to keep some for you. You will need teaspoons or long thin implements to scrape your marrow out of the bone.

Do you recall eating Sultana Bran for breakfast? The sultana to bran-flake ratio was always a huge anxiety, to a point, sometimes, that one was tempted to add extra sultanas, which inevitably resulted in too much sultanas, and one lost that pleasure of discovering that occasional sweet chewiness in contrast to the branny crunch. With administering such things as capers it is very good to remember Sultana Bran.'

God I love this man

>Fucktons of calcium or protein
Actually, most of it is unsaturated fat, and there isn't much calcium...

Just make stock with your leftover bones like a normal poor person.

>God I love this man
I don't know who he is...but I am certainly judging the fact that he might maintain his kitchen hygiene or care about the freshness of his ingredients with the same level of care of his appearance. He looks like someone who has packed and worn the same shirt and pants for a 14 day trip abroad where the luggage was lost in a connection, and was too cheap or thoughtful to remedy the situation by washing or purchasing something presentable. That shirt is missing a button or is unable to stretch over a gut. Maybe buy something meant for the height instead. That worn out belt. That dirty overused towel next to product that is about to be served. Toasted bread standing up on dirty countertops, WTF? Maybe he should shave daily, not every other day. The old fashioned frames don't add class, just make the whole look more obviously filled with incongruity. Alcoholic
bender? Just woke up 5 minutes before photo shoot and grabbed from laundry basket? Mental health issues? Look at the damaged brown bags hanging up?

>can someone explain this meme to me? and what's the Veeky Forums approved way of preparing it?
I don't make it at home...tropical climate here, not enough cold days to do some of the more fussy comfy cooking to warm up a house with the oven for hours upon end. I do have the hand-me-down silver marrow tools in the silver chest, though.

But, I love to order marrow out. It's good with good bread. I love a restaurant in Arlington that served it on top of a burger, Ray's Hell Burger. That gelatin melts into the juciness as you bite into what is a very well conceived burger menu.

What's the point in spending time on her, spending money on her if she's going to die on me?

Try ossobuco. Marrow there is salty, meaty and delicious, 10/10. And there's also a lot of meat around to absorb the glorious taste of it.

I can't be dealin wit this

I dunno, if his michelin star, impeccable reputation over the last 20 years, bringing forth the most significant (barring maybe molecular gastronomy) culinary idea of his generation, and doing all those whilst suffering from parkinsons is anything to go by, maybe we can overlook a crumpled shirt....

would you buy a car with a faulty engine?

My dog approves

Go for it user, mmm delicious prions

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

kek

>Best way of eating it is having those lamb cuts you buy in bulk for no money at all (I think it's the spine?) and then picking out the morsel of marrow from each piece.

Spine, brain, and some other connective parts are kind of risky, and probably the offal you should avoid entirely. People will argue about it because they like brains, but it's a risk without a cure. If you contract and develop a prion disease, not only will you not know how you got it by the time you're sick, but it's a truly awful way to go, a type of dementia that is insanity and full of pain. You can not cook away the contagion. You can't even sterilize hospital equipment to the point of killing it. My mom had a coworker with the first confirmed CJD in Florida.
So yea, I don't buy backs for stock anymore, and i'm a little choosy when it comes to sausage or I make my own. I miss scrapple.

jesus christ user

Welcome to the filter

>You can't even sterilize hospital equipment to the point of killing it
you can it just involves autoclaving it in concentrated KOH which requires special equipment to deal with the corrosive steam so most hospitals don't bother

Don't worry user. Nothing wrong about eating spinal cords. When I eat these smoked turkey necks I always slurp that spinal cord out like a spaghetti noodle

how do you think nerve gas enters your system?

I hate when something goes meme here

anyway try risotto alla milanese, it's a saffron and bone marrow risotto